TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Anyone running with Kumho tires?

MichaelP

Hi Everyone-

Just wondering if anyone has any experience with Kumho tires, and the Ecsta in particular.

Thanks,

Mike

Mike, I have Kumhos on my wife's 06 Chrysler 300C. They ar fantastic. They are very quiet, and they balanced out beautifully with very little weight required (a sure sign of quality construction). Third set of tires on this car, and by far the best. They are quiet on the highway and handle very well in wet weather. I'm VERY impressed with them. And trust me I've tried a lot of different brands over the years. I got a set for my daughter's 05 BMW X-3 and they are equally impressive on that car. I'm sold on these tires and you can't beat the price. I'm trading in my 2007 GT500 for a 2011 very soon, but if I'd kept it, I would have bought Kumhos for it. They are well built and outstanding tires. Go for them, you won't be disappointed. Solus tires on the 300C and Ecsta ASX on the BMW. They also have a high wear factor and are wearing evenly and well. I have nothing negative to say about these tires. A number of my friends have now purchased them as a result of my guidance and they're all happy with them.

Mike, I have Kumhos on my wife's 06 Chrysler 300C. They ar fantastic. They are very quiet, and they balanced out beautifully with very little weight required (a sure sign of quality construction). Third set of tires on this car, and by far the best. They are quiet on the highway and handle very well in wet weather. I'm VERY impressed with them. And trust me I've tried a lot of different brands over the years. I got a set for my daughter's 05 BMW X-3 and they are equally impressive on that car. I'm sold on these tires and you can't beat the price. I'm trading in my 2007 GT500 for a 2011 very soon, but if I'd kept it, I would have bought Kumhos for it. They are well built and outstanding tires. Go for them, you won't be disappointed. Solus tires on the 300C and Ecsta ASX on the BMW. They also have a high wear factor and are wearing evenly and well. I have nothing negative to say about these tires. A number of my friends have now purchased them as a result of my guidance and they're all happy with them.

Ok.. Thanks! I'm just about ready to get rid of these Goodyears after I do a few more burnouts with the line-lock (practicing for drag strip). :))

I had a set on my 911 and they were great tires. A friend of mine has them on at least one of his cars and loves them. They are priced very competitively also. Get a set before N. and S. Korea go at it!

I had a set on my 911 and they were great tires. A friend of mine has them on at least one of his cars and loves them. They are priced very competitively also. Get a set before N. and S. Korea go at it!

You mean before N. Korea attacks the south and we end up defending them?

Kumho makes really good tires in my experience I've been pleased with their price and traction and durability. If my G2 Supercars don't work out I'd consider switching to those as much as buying foreign hurts.

I've owned a couple of sets of Kuhmos in the past and wasn't really impressed with them. Both sets that I had leaked air. They also drove terribly when they were cold. It felt like I had flat spots in my tires. The good is that they are cheap and last a while, the bad I mentioned above. I think there are a lot better tires out there for similar money. Yokohamas are decent and I've always loved the bridgestone potenza re960.

Archived