TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Super Snake Hoods?

Nitro

Hello Robert

Sent you an e-mail regarding the SS hoods. Never got a response back. Any news on when they will be available again? Can't close stock hood with big blower sitting on the motor. Thanks in advance

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply

???????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????

Hello,

Somebody will contact you sortly...Speaking from experience the SS hoods are selling better than hot cakes....So please be patient.....

Thank you for your understanding,

Alexandros

Shelby American Registrar GT 500

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Is it possible for someone at Shelby American to tell us when the Super Snake hoods for the 2007-2009 cars will be available again. I was told 30 days or so back when Bud left the company but still no hoods available. Back in May Robert thought he would have some information in about a week or so. Please tell us when these hoods will be available again.

Contact Liberty Autos, I bet they have SS hoods. :hysterical::hysterical:

(sorry, I couldn't resist)

now that's funny!!! :hysterical3:

Still, we are all curiously waiting for some news.

:lurk:

<snerk!>

At least I'm not the only one that sees humor in that issue...and is stirring the pot!

Phill

You just had to go there didn't you. Well, since you opened this can of worms, here you go. I have been waiting for this hood since May of 2009 when I spoke with Bud about bringing my car to Las Vegas to have the hood installed and painted at Shelby in Las Vegas. At the time he said they were busy doing completions (see below) but if I could wait, he would notify me when I could bring the car in to have the work done. After numerous communications Bud finally e-mailed me on March 8, 2010 to tell me I could bring the car in to have the work done in two weeks. Fast forward two weeks and we all know what happened. I can not be mad at Bud over this because in my opinion he was not the problem here, he tried his best to get this done for me and I'm sure had he stayed at Shelby American this would have gotten done. Bud did a good job of keeping in touch with me as we progressed forward with the project. I think the problem was much higher up in the company.

In case you think this is all just a good story, I have posted my communication with Shelby American to back up my case. And since you couldn't resist, I just couldn't resist, and no I have no sense of humor over this subject anymore.

March 8, 2009

Hi Bob,

Sorry I missed your calls. We can do the hood, but not at the moment. We have to wait until we slow down a bit and or wait till we are done doing the Super Snakes and 40th's. We will then be able to bring in cars to do single mods at that time. It may be a while before we can do that. Some sort of a time frame? Maybe later in the year. If and when I find out that I can, I will shoot you an email to let you know.

Thank you,

Bud

Bud Mahoney

Shelby Automobiles, Inc.

702-942-7325 ext. 140

702-683-7096 cell number

Fax 702-952-1021

Budm@shelbyautos.com

October 19, 2009

Hi Bob,

Here is a copy I replied back to your PM

Hi Bob,

Sorry my friend, just been a bit backed up. I am trying to figure out when we can get her in to do the hood. What I am trying to work on is, have the hood ready to go when the car comes in--prepainted. Then it can just be a one day install. Do you know what your paint code is? And I will shoot you an email back and you can put the paint code in the email.

Thank you,

Bud

I still need to see how soon we can get it in and do just the hood for you.

Thank you,

Bud

Bud Mahoney

Mod Shop Coordinator/Sales Supervisor

Shelby Automobiles, Inc.

702-942-7325 ext. 140

702-683-7096 cell number

Fax 702-952-1021

Budm@shelbyautos.com

November 23, 2009

Sent: Monday, November 23, 2009 1:19 PM

To: 'Bob Barry'

Subject: RE: SS Hood

Hi Bob,

I will ask again when we can get it in to do the SS hood. But, we do not have blue stripes for the hood. We only work with silver and flat black. I am not sure who can make the blue stripes for you. That part you may have to check into and have done after you get your car back. When I find out when we can do it, we would need the car for a few days to make sure any type of body work on the hood gets done, the primering, painting and fitting the hood to the car. I know that I mentioned about trying to have it pre-painted, but sometimes it matches and sometimes it don’t. And the KR stripes we can not use on the car. They may not be the same color and I am not allowed to use/sell the KR stripes. If you can give me a couple more days, I should have more answers for you.

Thank you,

Bud

Bud Mahoney

Shelby Automobiles, Inc.

702-942-7325 ext. 140

702-683-7096 cell number

Fax 702-952-1021

Budm@shelbyautos.com

March 5, 2010

Sent: Friday, March 05, 2010 11:30 AM

To: Bob Barry

Hi Bob,

Sorry for the long delays. I am still trying to find out a price for you. But from what I have been seeing, it could be around $2,000 to the install—includes prepping the hood, painting, clear coat, hood vents, windshield washer relocation kit and hood pin set up.

Thanks Bob,

Bud

Bud Mahoney

4am-4pm M-T 4am-Noon on Friday's

Shelby American, Inc.

702-942-7325 ext. 140

702-683-7096 cell number

Fax 702-952-1021

Budm@shelbyamerican.com

March 8, 2010

Sent: Monday, March 08, 2010 7:03 AM

To: Bob Barry

Hi Bob,

We can do the hood install. I could probably get you in with in 2 weeks. Once it’s in, I would need it for a few days(say drop it off early on a Monday and get it back on Friday). The reason for this is, we have to fit the hood to the car, prep it, paint it, clear coat it and install it. This alone could take a couple of days. As for the stripes, we do not have the blue stripes here. I spoke to my Production VP this morning and he suggested that you may have to order a set of factory roof stripes and maybe a set of factory trunk stripes to finish off the hood. The roof stripes should be enough to do the top of the SS hood and the trunk stripes will be enough to do the front of the hood---front of air scoop inlet. If we were doing blue striped cars here (we only do the flat black SS stripes) it would not be a problem at all. Plus, if you were to order the factory stripes, they would match the rest of the vehicle.

Thanks Bob,

Bud

Bud Mahoney

4am-4pm M-T 4am-Noon on Friday's

Shelby American, Inc.

702-942-7325 ext. 140

702-683-7096 cell number

Fax 702-952-1021

Budm@shelbyamerican.com

OK, so there you have it, maybe next time you will put your brain in gear before letting your fingers do the dancing on the keyboard.

....maybe next time you will put your brain in gear before letting your fingers do the dancing on the keyboard.

I suggest you do the same.

You're welcome,

Phill Pollard

2010 Kona Blue/white GT500

Co. Springs, CO

Bob,

Clearly, you have misinterpreted my post as somesort of slap against you and your post which could not be farther than the truth and reality. My humorous post was generated as a sarcastic slap against the another fourm where Liberty Autos has a complement of KR hoods that they were pimping on ebay, and there was ZERO intent to insult your sensitivities.

Your frustration, senitiviity, and admitted lack of humor on this matter does not consistute a failure on my part and others here to have a concern about the comments they post ESPECIALLY if we HAVE NO IDEA that you have had so much frustration and anger trying to secure a SS hood until your last post where you blew up. If you re-read your post before that one, you will see that it was benign with NO indication of how pissed off you are about this matter.

So I 'm sorry that you are having so much trouble with SA trying to secure a SS hood from them, but take your frustration, anger, and sarcasm out on them not me because I am NOT your whipping bitch in the issue .

Oh, by the way, my brain is ALWAYS engaged when I post ANYTHING here which is a whole lot more than I can say about many other members who don't think before they post, or post out of their A-HOLES on a regular basis.

Oh Bob? Bud has been gone from SA for over two months now, have you bothered trying to contact Robert Lane or Sharon Elliot directly at SA rather than passively waiting for an informational post from Robert updating all about the currant status of the SS hoods? I ask that because your posted dissertation does not reveal or indicate that you have. You may not get the answer that you want to hear, but at least you will have currant information about what's going on with the hoods. Robert's PM's are closed off, but you can email him directly. I do, and he answers my mails in a timely manner.

I,too,would like to purchase a SS hood also. I emailed SPP and received a response on June 18 2010:

here it is

Good Morning Mike,

We are going to be making them in house as far as I know and we are looking at 2-3 more months before we get any more in.

Jonathan Eck

so I am waiting and hopefully it won't be much longer! I know it will be worth it......

Ive had first hand experience with the SS hood. Your better off with an after market hood. The SS hood I purchased needed mega hours of prep to make it look good and cost me big time. If your heart is set on a SS hood here is an ebay link. Its a little pricey but when you purchase a SS hood you better be prepared to spend a lot to make it right.

ebay

Bob,

Clearly, you have misinterpreted my post as somesort of slap against you and your post which could not be farther than the truth and reality. My humorous post was generated as a sarcastic slap against the another fourm where Liberty Autos has a complement of KR hoods that they were pimping on ebay, and there was ZERO intent to insult your sensitivities.

Your frustration, senitiviity, and admitted lack of humor on this matter does not consistute a failure on my part and others here to have a concern about the comments they post ESPECIALLY if we HAVE NO IDEA that you have had so much frustration and anger trying to secure a SS hood until your last post where you blew up. If you re-read your post before that one, you will see that it was benign with NO indication of how pissed off you are about this matter.

So I 'm sorry that you are having so much trouble with SA trying to secure a SS hood from them, but take your frustration, anger, and sarcasm out on them not me because I am NOT your whipping bitch in the issue .

Oh, by the way, my brain is ALWAYS engaged when I post ANYTHING here which is a whole lot more than I can say about many other members who don't think before they post, or post out of their A-HOLES on a regular basis.

Oh Bob? Bud has been gone from SA for over two months now, have you bothered trying to contact Robert Lane or Sharon Elliot directly at SA rather than passively waiting for an informational post from Robert updating all about the currant status of the SS hoods? I ask that because your posted dissertation does not reveal or indicate that you have. You may not get the answer that you want to hear, but at least you will have currant information about what's going on with the hoods. Robert's PM's are closed off, but you can email him directly. I do, and he answers my mails in a timely manner.

I think it was the "I just couldn't resist " line that finally did me in. If that was not the intent which you have indicated then I apologize to you. This hood issue has been to say the least very frustrating. And yes I have contacted a few other people at Shelby since Bud left but without pointing fingers no one seemed to know what was going on with these hoods. Since Robert always seems to have and post the information on the Shelby Store products I thought asking him on this forum would generate an answer as to when these would be available. I am sure they have not haulted production on 2007-2009 SS packages, so there must be some hoods available in the area. As I stated in my post I had no beef with Bud on this, but after he left, there seemed to be no solution to the problem from anyone at Shelby American. I was hoping this problem would resolve itself further down the corporate ladder instead of going to Sharon.

I promise that we are working on Hoods. They are at the top of my list every week. We have a new manufacturing company. I am hoping to see them soon. But I can not give a date or time. As soon as they become available to us we will put them on-line. We are making the 2007-2009 still but there is no date yet.

I think it was the "I just couldn't resist " line that finally did me in. If that was not the intent which you have indicated then I apologize to you. This hood issue has been to say the least very frustrating. And yes I have contacted a few other people at Shelby since Bud left but without pointing fingers no one seemed to know what was going on with these hoods. Since Robert always seems to have and post the information on the Shelby Store products I thought asking him on this forum would generate an answer as to when these would be available. I am sure they have not haulted production on 2007-2009 SS packages, so there must be some hoods available in the area. As I stated in my post I had no beef with Bud on this, but after he left, there seemed to be no solution to the problem from anyone at Shelby American. I was hoping this problem would resolve itself further down the corporate ladder instead of going to Sharon.

I assure you standing on my mother's grave with my right hand over my heart and my left hand up in testament that there was absolutely, positively, no way my post or comment(s) were directed at your post.

It's all good with me brother, and I really do hope that you get this hood issue resolved to your satisfaction as soon as possible! :salute:

I promise that we are working on Hoods. They are at the top of my list every week. We have a new manufacturing company. I am hoping to see them soon. But I can not give a date or time. As soon as they become available to us we will put them on-line. We are making the 2007-2009 still but there is no date yet.

Thanks for the update, Sharon..

I don't want to open another can of worms but do you know anything about the "KR STYLE" hoods Amy Boylan mentioned SAI was working on? Not "KR HOODS", but KR *style* hoods. And IIRC, she said they were for the 2010+ models too.

TIA,

Phill

Archived