TEAM SHELBY FORUM

FYI for you guys sending your car out there!

I received a call from Steve today that my Mustang GT arrived at Shelby American just prior to the holiday. He said that the second group of Mustangs had just been delivered. My finalized option list is:

1. SC

2. Watts Linkage

3. Painted Stripes - Steve said that the decision to paint the back bumper had not be finalized yet. I told him I wanted it if the decision was made to include this

as an option.

4. Upgraded Interior

He told me that the first group of Mustangs were already in the production process and that mine would be included in the second group. He said that it should be completed within 60-90 days. I can hardly wait!

congrats! i'm still waiting for my call. car has been in nv for about a week but NOT at shelby as of thursday last week. :banghead:

Yes, 500.00 extra for the stripe all the way down the rear. I guess I should have made that clearer.

70k on the high end Michael, but if you go bargain route, 27 + 32k and you are under 60k, and you still get a car that will beat any other Shelby out there on most tracks but an oval or drag.

You know, we talk about how much these packages are, but at the end of the day, its a bargain by any other manufacturer's measure, and you STILL get the wow factor from people that see your car.

You can own a 150k car that you will get very little remarks on, or a Shelby GT350 that will be rare, get all kinds of looks and compliments, and CRUSH that 150k car all day long....

say what :hysterical:

Road courses are what I was saying this car will dominate....obviously it wont beat the GT500 where you dont have to worry about corners...most ovals you dont have to worry about cornering on, and you arent going to get up to 183+ with the GT350 Im thinking....guess we will find out though.... :lurk:

Road courses are what I was saying this car will dominate....obviously it wont beat the GT500 where you dont have to worry about corners...most ovals you dont have to worry about cornering on, and you arent going to get up to 183+ with the GT350 Im thinking....guess we will find out though.... :lurk:

I'd like to see one run against Colin's GR40 Mustang :shift:

I took my GT to the mod shop in Vegas on April 22 to get the Supercharged upgrade. As of one week ago, it still wasn't assigned a lift. I'm still in a cast and crutches and couldn't drive it anyway, so I'm not overly concerned. Don't hold your breath, is all I'm saying.

I took my GT to the mod shop in Vegas on April 22 to get the Supercharged upgrade. As of one week ago, it still wasn't assigned a lift. I'm still in a cast and crutches and couldn't drive it anyway, so I'm not overly concerned. Don't hold your breath, is all I'm saying.

As a matter of fact your car hit the lift today!

Roger

Alright folks here it is:

Painted stripe option will include rear fascia stripes, told you, don't bail too soon.

You will have the option, with painted stripes, to eliminate the GT350 designation on the hood or keep it.

Front grille emblem is the running pony.

Side emblem just says SHELBY, the GT350 under the lettering on the pre-production proto-type is gone.

Now for vinyl stripes: we are still exploring the rear fascia issue. Due to the configuration of the rear fascia, lettering and license plate locations and the compound curves the only way to install would be to have cut outs where each letter is and a very large, due to Ford making the opening larger in 10, license plate area in white. Same with the 3rd. brake light. There would need to be a cut out. We are looking at how the overall look would be effected with this scenario.

You have no option on the GT350 on the hood. It will come with that, again with the compound curve of the hood scoop, there are major application issues.

More as it happens.

Thanks Roger! All great news and we really appreciate how you guys have listened to the suggestions of all of us here and given us this option!!! :happy feet:

I would still like the stripe down the rear, and since the rocker panels are painted GT350, I think I would like a more old school look and get the hood without the GT350 branding....probably be easier for yall to paint the hood without it anyway... :happy feet:

Painted stripe option will include rear fascia stripes, told you, don't bail too soon.

You will have the option, with painted stripes, to eliminate the GT350 designation on the hood or keep it.

Side emblem just says SHELBY, the GT350 under the lettering on the pre-production proto-type is gone.

Now for vinyl stripes: we are still exploring the rear fascia issue. Due to the configuration of the rear fascia, lettering and license plate locations and the compound curves the only way to install would be to have cut outs where each letter is and a very large, due to Ford making the opening larger in 10, license plate area in white. Same with the 3rd. brake light. There would need to be a cut out. We are looking at how the overall look would be effected with this scenario.

You have no option on the GT350 on the hood. It will come with that, again with the compound curve of the hood scoop, there are major application issues.

More as it happens.

GREAT NEWS! Thanks Roger and others for listening to our requests. Painted stripes (w/o gt350 on hood) and down the rear was my ultimate request.

Thanks again for being flexible with us.

More as it happens.

Yaayyyyyyyyyyyyy! happy%20feet.gifhappy%20feet.gifhappy%20feet.gif

So Roger, what's the scoop on what's going in the boost gauge for the N/A 350's?

John

More as it happens.

Outstanding!

Archived