TEAM SHELBY FORUM

FYI for you guys sending your car out there!

So, when the car gets to SA, you are going to get a phone call. Be ready to decide your options, and by all means call Roger before hand to get all the options information and pricing...He gave me all the information I needed. This way you dont have to make a decision and be put on the spot. There are some seriously important things to consider in it all.

Edit:It turns out that I was told wrong information on an additional deposit. I should have just picked up the phone and called Roger, as he always makes himself available to answer a question. Lesson learned- if you hear something from someone you think might not be the way it is supposed to be, pick up the phone and call the person with all the information. In the case of SA, that is usually Roger. :salute:

What did I do for options? Well, you all will just have to wait for the reveal!! :happy feet:

....as you will be asked to send in an additional 5k right when they call you. Again, no big deal for me, but I know a few of you ordering this car that would have liked to know that ahead of time. Sorry if that is information I wasnt supposed to reveal, but I just think that charging two deposits should have been shared up front.

No problem, I needed to go on a diet anyway. :huh:

So, when the car gets to SA, you are going to get a phone call. Be ready to decide your options, and by all means call Roger before hand to get all the options imformation and pricing...He gave me all the information I needed. This way you dont have to make a decision and be put on the spot. There are some seriously important things to consider in it all.

Oh, and I hope Im not coming off upset about this, because frankly if I got the call tomorrow to pick it up I would be there in two shakes, but it came as a total surprise to me, so be ready to open your wallets yet again....as you will be asked to send in an additional 5k right when they call you. Again, no big deal for me, but I know a few of you ordering this car that would have liked to know that ahead of time. Sorry if that is information I wasnt supposed to reveal, but I just think that charging two deposits should have been shared up front.

What did I do for options? Well, you all will just have to wait for the reveal!! :happy feet:

Does anyone know what the final options are?

So, when the car gets to SA, you are going to get a phone call. Be ready to decide your options, and by all means call Roger before hand to get all the options imformation and pricing...He gave me all the information I needed. This way you dont have to make a decision and be put on the spot. There are some seriously important things to consider in it all.

Oh, and I hope Im not coming off upset about this, because frankly if I got the call tomorrow to pick it up I would be there in two shakes, but it came as a total surprise to me, so be ready to open your wallets yet again....as you will be asked to send in an additional 5k right when they call you. Again, no big deal for me, but I know a few of you ordering this car that would have liked to know that ahead of time. Sorry if that is information I wasnt supposed to reveal, but I just think that charging two deposits should have been shared up front.

No fare.....no fare :redcard:

The good thing is that phone call puts you one step closer to you Shelby :yahoo:

Well, the main options discussed are:

Base Package: 26,995.00

SuperCharger: 7000.00

Painted Stripes: 4500.00

Painted all the way down the rear: 5000.00

Upgraded brakes: 3995.00

Upgraded Goodyear tires: ? (Never even asked, Im not a fan of Goodyear really)

Upgraded Premium Interior: 3200.00 (requires base GT premium interior)

Upgraded Base interior: ? (requires base GT base interior)

Watts Link: ? ( I think it is around 1500-2k)

Upgraded Cooling Package: ? (I want to say this was a 2k option, but I didnt write it down)

Upgraded Shelby Kicker: ? (I think this was around 2k too)

Museum Delivery: 750.00

I think that is all there is in the brochure, but Roger did say they were working on something else as well, so there may be an additional option or two not listed just yet, but I imagine they will announce that when they get it figured out.

Well, the main options discussed are:

Base Package: 26,995.00

SuperCharger: 7000.00

Painted Stripes: 4500.00

Painted all the way down the rear: 5000.00

Upgraded brakes: 3995.00

Upgraded Goodyear tires: ? (Never even asked, Im not a fan of Goodyear really)

Upgraded Premium Interior: 3200.00 (requires base GT premium interior)

Upgraded Base interior: ? (requires base GT base interior)

Watts Link: ? ( I think it is around 1500-2k)

Upgraded Cooling Package: ? (I want to say this was a 2k option, but I didnt write it down)

Upgraded Shelby Kicker: ? (I think this was around 2k too)

Museum Delivery: 750.00

I think that is all there is in the brochure, but Roger did say they were working on something else as well, so there may be an additional option or two not listed just yet, but I imagine they will announce that when they get it figured out.

I hope that painted all the way down the rear is $500 more then painted stripes and not 5k in addition to the $4500 for painted.

I hope that painted all the way down the rear is $500 more then painted stripes and not 5k in addition to the $4500 for painted.

after all the warranty claims on the vinyl stripes, the painted ones should have been standard!

this is a 70k car.............oh well...........

Yes, 500.00 extra for the stripe all the way down the rear. I guess I should have made that clearer.

70k on the high end Michael, but if you go bargain route, 27 + 32k and you are under 60k, and you still get a car that will beat any other Shelby out there on most tracks but an oval or drag.

You know, we talk about how much these packages are, but at the end of the day, its a bargain by any other manufacturer's measure, and you STILL get the wow factor from people that see your car.

You can own a 150k car that you will get very little remarks on, or a Shelby GT350 that will be rare, get all kinds of looks and compliments, and CRUSH that 150k car all day long....

Yes, 500.00 extra for the stripe all the way down the rear. I guess I should have made that clearer.

70k on the high end Michael, but if you go bargain route, 27 + 32k and you are under 60k, and you still get a car that will beat any other Shelby out there on most tracks but an oval or drag.

You know, we talk about how much these packages are, but at the end of the day, its a bargain by any other manufacturer's measure, and you STILL get the wow factor from people that see your car.

You can own a 150k car that you will get very little remarks on, or a Shelby GT350 that will be rare, get all kinds of looks and compliments, and CRUSH that 150k car all day long....

60k...70k....either way......this car shouldve had painted stripes standard.....it deserved no less........IMO......

I thought the same thing about the GT500s...

Why cut corners? That's exactly why I'm getting them on this car...I told myself I would have been happy to pay for that on the 500, so really, you can have the option of saving money, or getting done right...uh oh, I'm giving away build info on my car!

Some recent info guys:

No painted stripe option on the rear fascia. The vehicle parts will be painted at the origin point with stripes and will not match exactly if we finish them here. Too great a risk for a non-matching paint issue. Vinyl stripe is also not an option due to the compound radius of the rear fascia.

Cooling package is in development for the SC and Naturally Aspirated form. Price is the same $2,995 for the SC application. We are also working on pricing for the NA version and will post tomorrow.

Interior upgrade kit is now priced at $2,999 and does not included the steering wheel option. This will be purchased separately through Gary Disney at Designer Auto Accessories.

More to follow.

Thank you for your support.

Roger

Some recent info guys:

No painted stripe option on the rear fascia. The vehicle parts will be painted at the origin point with stripes and will not match exactly if we finish them here. Too great a risk for a non-matching paint issue. Vinyl stripe is also not an option due to the compound radius of the rear fascia.

Cooling package is in development for the SC and Naturally Aspirated form. Price is the same $2,995 for the SC application. We are also working on pricing for the NA version and will post tomorrow.

Interior upgrade kit is now priced at $2,999 and does not included the steering wheel option. This will be purchased separately through Gary Disney at Designer Auto Accessories.

Sorry to hear that the rear stripes will not happen. I will state that it is somewhat confusing on how the front fascia stripes can be done but the rear stripes cannot be done. I do however respect your corporate decision even though I think the car would look better with the rear stripes. I guess I will have to look locally into a resolution to this issue.

Wait, now Im confused. What are you paying the extra 500.00 on the painting for then? The prototype has stripes down to the brakelights anyway. When you told me that, for some reason, I thought you were talking about stripes down past the brakelights, but I see what you were saying, so now Im not sure what you were saying would be the extra painted area. :headscratch:

Maybe I should just let you build it and I'll figure it out for myself then... :hysterical: Its tough buying long distance...Im a visual kind of guy....

Sorry to hear that the rear stripes will not happen. I will state that it is somewhat confusing on how the front fascia stripes can be done but the rear stripes cannot be done. I do however respect your corporate decision even though I think the car would look better with the rear stripes. I guess I will have to look locally into a resolution to this issue.

Tony

I'm with you on this! Time to look locally for a good paint guy. I wish Shelby could get their guys to paint the rear fascia...

Some recent info guys:

More to follow.

Roger

Roger

I guess I'm confused. If you're worried about matching the paint, then how are you going to match the top of the car and side stripes with the prepainted parts??? Just use the same paint from painting these parts on the little bit in the rear...

I agree with the confusion. If the front fascia is pre-painted and then the top of the car has painted stripes to match why can't you paint the rear?

LOL great minds think alike. Sorry for the double-up style post. :hysterical:

Roger

I guess I'm confused. If you're worried about matching the paint, then how are you going to match the top of the car and side stripes with the prepainted parts??? Just use the same paint from painting these parts on the little bit in the rear...

Just the messenger and will have more specific info next week. Will keep you informed. Have not given up yet.

Roger

Just the messenger and will have more specific info next week. Will keep you informed. Have not given up yet.

Roger

thanks roger,

i can have it handled post delivery but it would be much easier for me to have the car ready to enjoy upon pick up.

Some recent info guys:

More to follow.

Roger

Roger,

I hope you're correct that there's still hope. That would be a major disappointment, especially after being told that the rear fascia would be painted as part of the upgrade.

One other question: Has it been determined what is going to replace the boost gauge in the instrument cluster for the N/A 350's?

John

If I am understanding Roger correctly, what he is saying makes sense.

You cant match the color exactly in two different locations with different enviromental factors. It just won't happen.

The color difference will always be there. It will be very minor, but still there. You will never notice the color difference in the stripes between the top and the front. It is only when they are side by side (right next to each other) that you will really notice the difference (and the difference will look HUGE right next to each other). Thats why paint shops blend the paint into the next body panel when repainting a fender or a door for example.

If I am understanding Roger correctly, what he is saying makes sense.

You cant match the color exactly in two different locations with different enviromental factors. It just won't happen.

The color difference will always be there. It will be very minor, but still there. You will never notice the color difference in the stripes between the top and the front. It is only when they are side by side (right next to each other) that you will really notice the difference (and the difference will look HUGE right next to each other). Thats why paint shops blend the paint into the next body panel when repainting a fender or a door for example.

What about the trunk ? Are they going to send the trunk lids out to the same people who are doing the painting or are they going to paint the trunks at Shelby? The trunks have to be painted to match the rear spoiler, so I'm still confused.

• 2 weeks later...

He said HE hoped to have some clarity on it, not us! :hysterical:

Just playing with you Roger!!! :dance:

Yeah, Im curious on that as well, at least how that is going to work.....

Im guessing they have a lot going on with the rest of the build process, so Im sure it will be answered soon, but until the cars are ready to paint, I doubt its a priority...then, I dont know if they paint it while it is apart or what...If the body molds come pre-painted though, I did wonder how they would match the paint just right. Im sure they got it all figured out though, and its just not something I want to be burdened with worrying about. I gave my deposit on faith that the car would be what they said it would, and I wasn't disappointed, so I think my faith can carry me through the build process and that Roger and Gary Davis are doing everything to make these cars live up to the repuation! :lurk:

I'm not currently in the queue for a GT350, but from what I understand:

Any parts that come from Ford in the black "grained" plastic, for example: front splitter or rear fascia, have to have MANY hours of prep work to remove the grain by sanding then priming, then sanding again, so that when painted they will match your car's painted surfaces. That's probably where the issues with matching come in.

I had my black plastic radiator cover painted to match the car with matching stripes, and it looks GREAT however the vendor who painted it for me (Jay from JLT) said the work involved is just not worth the costs.

I would say you would spend HOURS on that black rear diffuser just to get it paint-ready, and then it would have to be marked and masked ON THE CAR to ensure the stripes would line up properly.

I have resisted having the front splitter painted because the rock chips that would inevitably happen would really make me crazy. The graining in the plastic helps to hide that kind of stuff, and its really cheap to replace (around $100) so when it gets nicked up I can just replace it with new.

Just IMHO...

GUS

I received a call from Steve today that my Mustang GT arrived at Shelby American just prior to the holiday. He said that the second group of Mustangs had just been delivered. My finalized option list is:

1. SC

2. Watts Linkage

3. Painted Stripes - Steve said that the decision to paint the back bumper had not be finalized yet. I told him I wanted it if the decision was made to include this

as an option.

4. Upgraded Interior

He told me that the first group of Mustangs were already in the production process and that mine would be included in the second group. He said that it should be completed within 60-90 days. I can hardly wait!

I received a call from Steve today that my Mustang GT arrived at Shelby American just prior to the holiday. He said that the second group of Mustangs had just been delivered. My finalized option list is:

1. SC

2. Watts Linkage

3. Painted Stripes - Steve said that the decision to paint the back bumper had not be finalized yet. I told him I wanted it if the decision was made to include this

as an option.

4. Upgraded Interior

He told me that the first group of Mustangs were already in the production process and that mine would be included in the second group. He said that it should be completed within 60-90 days. I can hardly wait!

well congrats on your car :happy feet: ..................................so it will take Shelby approx. 30-45 days to do a "group of cars.."?, I wonder how many are in " a group"..?

Well, if I had to guess, it would be limited to the number of lifts and number of techs....If the cars in the second group are already coming in, it would have to be somewhere between 12-20. But if Im in the first group, my guess is we are still only a week or two ahead of the second group if that. I still think if they are just starting the builds this week, it will be July before we see them. ...and thats cool with me; my birthday is July 3rd.

Archived