TEAM SHELBY FORUM

oil LeaK

I got under the car today to install a mid pipe and noticed that there is an oil leak. There is a black tube on the drivers side right above the oil filter. The was a drop on the bottom of the tube.

Those guys who had the galley plugs loose on the drivers head.....is this a similar oil collection point? Anyone else experience this and know the root cause?

Thanks!

I got under the car today to install a mid pipe and noticed that there is an oil leak. There is a black tube on the drivers side right above the oil filter. The was a drop on the bottom of the tube.

Those guys who had the galley plugs loose on the drivers head.....is this a similar oil collection point? Anyone else experience this and know the root cause?

Thanks!

Here's a pic.....I guess its right above the passenger exhaust where it bolts on to the manifold.

http://i953.photobucket.com/albums/ae17/2008vistablue/DSCN2111.jpg

Thanks!

Had 2 galley plugs loose and yes it dripped down that black tube...

So whats all involved with tightening the galley plugs? Does the exhaust need to come off......the xmsn out or what?

I had it fixed under warranty so not sure of the details, but I do know they took the exaust off for access...

• 3 weeks later...

We'll after 4 days at the shop, the oil leak is fixed. I told them to put die in and check the oil galley plugs based on other members experiences. I don't understand why is took so frickin long but its sorted now. Appreicate everyones input!

So was it an oil galley plug?

Archived