TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Admiration

Had to share this with everyone, was quite funny. So Friday I'm coming home and roll up to a stoplight about the 7th car back. In front of me is a Honda CRV and the guy gets out of his car, about 50 years old or so in his suit with his bluetooth in his ear aand starts coming towards my drivers window amidst all the traffic. I'm like now what, open the window and he says

"wow what an awesome car, what a piece of machinery, it's awesome, never seen one before" to which I say thanks! Now thats a good reaction!

I'm pretty sure most of us get this type of attention with these cars, I know I do every time I'm out even for a short ride. Yesterday, one of the many compliments came from a group of bikers coming in the opposite direction, gave me some type hand signal. This was a half hour ride to get beer and gas, 1 compliment going, got 2 compliments at the beer store, 1 coming back (bikers), and 1 getting gas.

My wife has only driven the car 2 times, and both times she comes in saying "this guy was waving and this guy was giving thumbs up, ect." then she say's "WTH" :hysterical: , she doesn't get it.

Yesterday, one of the many compliments came from a group of bikers coming in the opposite direction, gave me some type hand signal.

Let me guess....

Tapping the top of their head/helmet with the palm of their hand???

Phill

Ive had this signal thing happen many times--and dont know what it means, hope its good--heres the scene, im stopped at a light and the car either behind me or in front has a young guy drivng it. They roll down the window and hold their hand out with the thumb up and the fore and middle finger out,other fingers closed with the thumb up.Ive looked it up and the only thing closest is a Serbian salute--Im 65 and not tied into all the hand signs nowadays--any help

Driving the car daily to and from Manhattan - at least once a week a tourist will take a pic with a phone while I'm stopped at a light. Starting to get tired of all the attention - especially from New York's finest. Going to tint the windows soon.

The best is the 'scatter' - race your engine out of gear while people are crossing against the light....

Driving the car daily to and from Manhattan - at least once a week a tourist will take a pic with a phone while I'm stopped at a light. Starting to get tired of all the attention - especially from New York's finest. Going to tint the windows soon.

The best is the 'scatter' - race your engine out of gear while people are crossing against the light....

where do you park??

Archived