TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Rear Seat Delete

Besides the expensive Raceskinz, who has the best design 'rear seat delete' package?

I want the 4-point Roll Bar and the rear seats removed as I need the space but don't want to use someone's 'bad' setup either. In an issue of Modified Mustangs & Fords recently Classic Designs Concepts I think had a Red Mustang in the issue with their own rear seat delete and looked good.

LuLu has a six point roll cage, and I was examining options. Didn't find much.

The rear upper cushions cannot fold down due to the cage, and for a while I thought I would not be able to restore the lower seat cushion. It was noisey for a while and solution needed to be found. I trimmed off the corners of the lower cushion (they are just plastic and foam) and I was able to get it back in place. You can't tell the seat has been trimmed, it looks very natural tucked in around the cage

IMHO...As a sound barrier, I would not expect a rear seat delete kit to offer much relief. I feel I have found a solution, for now.

LuLu has a six point roll cage, and I was examining options. Didn't find much.

The rear upper cushions cannot fold down due to the cage, and for a while I thought I would not be able to restore the lower seat cushion. It was noisey for a while and solution needed to be found. I trimmed off the corners of the lower cushion (they are just plastic and foam) and I was able to get it back in place. You can't tell the seat has been trimmed, it looks very natural tucked in around the cage

IMHO...As a sound barrier, I would not expect a rear seat delete kit to offer much relief. I feel I have found a solution, for now.

Mustangs are pretty noisy so that is not a real negative to me... lol

Looks like the CDC kit is for the 2010-2011

http://www.classicde...=2606&g2_page=2

If they offer that only for 10/11 that makes no sense as look how many 05-09 are out there. Real nice setup though

^That's the MMR kit. I had it installed for a week or two. It looks terrible. It's built to look like a subwoofer box or something - it's just poorly carpeted fiber board.

I ended up selling it and shipping it, but it broke up on the trip so I had to issue a refund, which indicates how poorly they are constructed. Do yourself a favor and steer clear of the MMR kit, regardless of who's selling it.

^That's the MMR kit. I had it installed for a week or two. It looks terrible. It's built to look like a subwoofer box or something - it's just poorly carpeted fiber board.

I ended up selling it and shipping it, but it broke up on the trip so I had to issue a refund, which indicates how poorly they are constructed. Do yourself a favor and steer clear of the MMR kit, regardless of who's selling it.

Good to know..........Thanks

• 2 weeks later...

The only other kit I've seen that I like is the one built by Agent 47. Someday, I intend on buying one.

http://www.agentfortyseven.com/S197/rear_seat_delete.html

S197-Rear-Seat-Delete-kit_3.jpg

The Agent 47 seat delete looks good, but doesn't list a roll bar to go with it ? Cost is good at $695 unlike the Raceskinz which is $2,375. (does have the roll bar included). What I would like to do is put a nice "old school" 4 point roll bar with the Agent 47 delete panels. Anyone done business with Agent 47 and could recommend a 4 point bar ? Anyone installed any of the other available Seat Deletes? Like 'em don't like 'em ?? The Raceskinz is the most attractive set-up but I cannot imagine how it's worth $2,375. Maybe a little R&D expense re-capture??? regards, Larry

$700 for some vinyl? :hysterical:

The Agent 47 website listed the seat delete as being made of aluminum. The RearSeatDelete.com website lists their seat delete as being made of vinyl and costs $300. The original 1965 and 1966 Shelby's used a fiberglas seat delete set up so maybe all is needed is the vinyl ?? The SGTs would just look so nice with a retro seat delete set up, I'm going to get something soon.

I'm going to make my own this weekend, my roll of black auto carpet arrived yesterday so I'll make the temp plates tomorrow. I made a rear seat delete on my Stealth and it turned out ok. I want to keep the back open so to take advantage of the Shaker 1000 stereo system. Most kits close the trunk area off. I'll post pictures as soon as I finish...............see what you guys think.

• 2 months later...

$700 for some vinyl? :hysterical:

Huh? headscratch.gif

"Unlike any others, we use quality, 0.XX thick aluminum and aircraft grade"

I'm going to make my own this weekend, my roll of black auto carpet arrived yesterday so I'll make the temp plates tomorrow. I made a rear seat delete on my Stealth and it turned out ok. I want to keep the back open so to take advantage of the Shaker 1000 stereo system. Most kits close the trunk area off. I'll post pictures as soon as I finish...............see what you guys think.

Any update on how this turned out?

Archived