TEAM SHELBY FORUM

3:73 RPM at 65 MPH

With the Pirelli P zeros and 3:73's how many RPM should I be turning at 65mph.

I don't know off the top of my head but I can tell you this afternoon since I think I will take the car out as it is beautiful and I must drive!!! LOL

Ok, I am seeing about 1750 to 1800 rpm in 6th gear at 65 mph.

Thanks Bob hope you enjoyed the ride. I just wanted to know the RPM to make sure Tasca actually installed the gears. This whole ordeal with Tasca has been a nightmare. I am now in the process of bringing the car to local shops to correct Tascas inadequate to say the least work. The workmanship was absolutely horrible, from the scratched paint, bubbling stripes, hood blanket and rocker panel push pins left in cup holder to my speedometer being off by 10% :ie every 10 miles I drive the odometer registers almost 11. There is a way to do the caligration and I had requested this be done in March Tasca JUST DIDNT DO IT.Dennis Gomes is trying to say that this is common and within spec, thats bs.Tasca has been giving me grief to have the Speedo calibrated which I am sure can be done while resetting the TPMS. I almost forgot to mention my TPMS is malfunctioning. They are going to pay to correct these problems after countless emails and phone calls. They have frustarted me to the point of not wanting to drive the car and I am considering selling it whenall is done. I'll wait for Ford to build the GT500 with an aluminum block or opt for the GT350.The fault is not only Tascas but Mike the Shelby inspector that signed off on the car.

Archived