TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Latest Shelby Pricing Info

I called the guys at SVT today and spoke to Jeff. Below is a recap of my call.

I started by asking if they had any idea when the pricing on the Shelby would be released. The response was that it could be released as early as this afternoon or as late as when the first cars start shipping. In other words, they have no idea or they are not ready to divulge that information yet.

The second question I asked was whether or not production numbers for the Shelby had been finalized. His response was 7000 - 10000 a year. That pretty much goes along with what we have been hearing.

The last question I asked was whether or not there would be a gas guzzler tax on this car. I was told that the EPA testing had not been done yet on this car so MPG still was not known. He didn't know know when the testing would take place.

From what I have read on this board it appears that MRSP usually includes freight and the gas guzzler tax. If that is true and the EPA testing has not been done yet I would imagine that we are in for a long wait as far as pricing is concerned.

I hope this info is helpful.

I called the guys at SVT today and spoke to Jeff. Below is a recap of my call.

I started by asking if they had any idea when the pricing on the Shelby would be released. The response was that it could be released as early as this afternoon or as late as when the first cars start shipping. In other words, they have no idea or they are not ready to divulge that information yet.

The second question I asked was whether or not production numbers for the Shelby had been finalized. His response was 7000 - 10000 a year. That pretty much goes along with what we have been hearing.

The last question I asked was whether or not there would be a gas guzzler tax on this car. I was told that the EPA testing had not been done yet on this car so MPG still was not known. He didn't know know when the testing would take place.

From what I have read on this board it appears that MRSP usually includes freight and the gas guzzler tax. If that is true and the EPA testing has not been done yet I would imagine that we are in for a long wait as far as pricing is concerned.

I hope this info is helpful.

That would explain why they haven't given the final #'s to the dealers yet . Maybe if there is a GG tax this might affect how they decide on final base price. ie: No GGtax higher base price ,so final #'s would be kept in a certain range. Just thinking out loud. :shrug:

Archived