TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Interesting video of the 2010 GT500 - Germany

CSY

If you haven't seen this, it’s pretty cool. They really love this car. At the end he say it the most exciting car he's driven, next to a SLR which cost 10x the price. Also, he says Ford claims it will reach 178 mph without the limiter, and then he says he thinks it could reach even faster, 186+ mph. They also have an impressive shot of speedo running right up to the limiter – that baby runs right up there!

Great report, but I thought that one of his lungs was going to pop out of his mouth whenever he said "GT500". hysterical.gif

I love it. If you want a SLR with a manual get a $46k GT500. When it comes down to it, isnt the fun factor the most important factor when buying a plesure vechile. More smiles per gallon then any other car in its price range and if you like to race then the SVT pkg will be right on par with M3's and should run the 1/4 in 10's. Not bad for fancy MUSTANG

I love it. If you want a SLR with a manual get a $46k GT500. When it comes down to it, isnt the fun factor the most important factor when buying a plesure vechile. More smiles per gallon then any other car in its price range and if you like to race then the SVT pkg will be right on par with M3's and should run the 1/4 in 10's. Not bad for fancy MUSTANG

I agree except you cant have fun with this car stock due to the excessive wheel hop. My car stock made it so you could have no fun, and the 2010 I drove was no different.

I wonder if Ford fixed this for 2011. No exuse IMO

I wonder how he managed to keep the tires spinning going into 2nd. I can barely do that now even with a whole new suspension due to the factory 2 piece ds wacking the tunnel

In the video I posted, the guy burns the tire several times with no wheel hop at all, just really smooth. I haven't noticed wheel hop in my 2010, but I dont hammer it much from the dead stop, probably only 3 times in 2000 miles. I'm into ripping it when I'm moving some. Maybe wheel hop happens more do to the type of road surface or sticker tire?

I think it says a lot about our GT500s that these Germans think this about them. I know I cant get enough of this fantastic car.

Maybe being German and all...he just kows how to drive? ( =

guys i have not felt to much wheel hop either , but we all drive different , different situations , and all roads are not the same, i heard the same bull when i had my termi , you get wheel hop you cant get the power to the ground, if you want to put peddle THREW the floor you are going to get wheel hop nobody is ever satisfied my both cars where lowered with h&r sport springs and i never really felt that much wheel hop , but then i do not abuse my cars just my opinion

Is that what the salesman told you? :hysterical:

Archived