TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Carroll Shelby Signature

Does anyone know how to remove the panel just above the glove box door? I'm sending it to Mr. Shelby for his signature.

Thx in advance.

Jim

Jim i sent mine off for signature but it was in 2006 so I'm sorry but i dont remember the specifics. I know that the passenger side airbag needs to be disabled and removed. There is a pdf which outlines the process out there somewhere... I think I found it on this website but back then the website was not owned by shelby so you may not find it on a search. I will see if i can find and forward to you.

Ron

Jim i sent mine off for signature but it was in 2006 so I'm sorry but i dont remember the specifics. I know that the passenger side airbag needs to be disabled and removed. There is a pdf which outlines the process out there somewhere... I think I found it on this website but back then the website was not owned by shelby so you may not find it on a search. I will see if i can find and forward to you.

Ron

Ron, :shift:

Thx for responding. I'll check the site too and if I don't find it, I will call the dealer and ask them.

Thx Ron!

Jim :salute:

I have a 2010 GT500 and had my airbag cover removed by a local Ford dealer. Only takes about 15-20 minutes but they charged me for a full hour. Of course I had to have them install it when I got it back. Again, only 15-20 minutes but another full hour charge. I checked with a local body shop and their rate was a bit cheaper but they said they would have to send it to Ford for the reinstall because a computer would have to be reprogrammed.

All in all it was a pretty expensive autograph but I love it. It looks great and really adds to the car. The whole process from removal to reinstall only took three weeks. Two of those were travel time because I live on the east coast.

Grabber's thread helped me alot. I just would add that the airbag assembly is pretty awkward due to the actual weight of the airbag. I used blue painter's tape around the edge of the dash to further protect it from any scrapes and I would recommend placing a blanket over the seat and into the floor should the assembly fall as this could keep you from having a scraped cover. Just my 2 cents.

Grabber's thread helped me alot. I just would add that the airbag assembly is pretty awkward due to the actual weight of the airbag. I used blue painter's tape around the edge of the dash to further protect it from any scrapes and I would recommend placing a blanket over the seat and into the floor should the assembly fall as this could keep you from having a scraped cover. Just my 2 cents.

Thanks!

I removed mine following the directions found in this site and sent it off for signature. Took about two weeks to get it back. I will be installing it this weekend.

The hardest part was removing the cover over the fuses. I could not get down far enough in the foot well to see how it was attached. It clips on from the side. I used a screwdriver and blindly released the clip on one side.

Archived