TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Just had 3.73`s installed

Whammer

You are the man! I have been toying with the idea of 3.73 too. My question is..what are your rpms at 70 MPH w/ the 3.73 vs the stock. Who did you purchase the ring and pinion from? Thx for you rpost. It will help me replicate your modifications!

Got a set sitting in the box in my garage... Just haven't had the time to get it done... Guess I better make time... My 305/35/20 Nitto DR's came today so I guess thats another reason to get them installed..

what drag radial did you buy and please post pictures thanks 428cj

• 2 weeks later...

You are the man! I have been toying with the idea of 3.73 too. My question is..what are your rpms at 70 MPH w/ the 3.73 vs the stock. Who did you purchase the ring and pinion from? Thx for you rpost. It will help me replicate your modifications!

I can't give you an absolute answer to the rpm's off the top of my head. But if you're concerned about engine whine at high speed then don't worry. The car still cruises very nice in 5th or 6th- so a long drive will not drive you crazy.

I went with Ford Racing parts, just made sense to me to keep things Ford related.

Just an FYI based on my own experience.

I had 3.73's for almost a year, and they really wake these cars up, but you cant get the whole "experience" on stock rubber. MT Drag radials 305/35/18 on stock widened rims were perfect with 3.73's for both street and strip.

I had 3.90 gears installed 1 month ago. They are perfect with my 305/30/20 Toyo T1r's and perfect with my 28" slicks on Bogarts for the track. Increase in rpm while cruising around 75-80mph was about 100-150rpm compared to the 3.73's with my taller tires.

In a nutshell, for an all around good street/strip set up, if staying with stock hight tire 3.73 is the way to go. If going to a taller tire 3.90 is best. 3.73's with a 28" tire will feel more or less as the stock 3.31's we have on our cars.....JMO

Archived