TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Forgestar F14 Wheels - Matte Black - 20x11 & 20x9

TX STIG

A few questions:

1. What tire brand and tires are you going to use?

2. Does the stock SVT center cap fit the F14 wheels?

Thanks!

I went with Continental ExtremeContact. I can't justify buying the high dollar tires like Nittos and such.

Don't shoot me, but I can't help with the center caps, because I don't have SVT caps!

• Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I went with Continental ExtremeContact. I can't justify buying the high dollar tires like Nittos and such. Don't shoot me, but I can't help with the center caps, because I don't have SVT caps!

What size Contis did you go with? My forgestars are at the powdercoater but Im having a lot of problems with them. Hopefully they turn out ok

What size Contis did you go with? My forgestars are at the powdercoater but Im having a lot of problems with them. Hopefully they turn out ok

275/40R20 Front

315/35R20 Rear

Some don't like that they are taller, about 1-1/2" taller, but I like the way they look, and have no plans to lower my car. The only thing I'm going to do is replace the sway bars with solid/stiffer bars.

I chose the tires based on price and mileage rating, which is 50,000. I know I won't get near that many, but from reading reviews, most seem to get pretty good mileage. Fronts were $258 and rear were $256 at Discount Tire.

Those sizes are not too bad to find, used or new. I was looking on craigslist, and discovered that they are the stock size combo on BMW X5/X6.

What problems are you having with the powdercoating?

275/40R20 Front

315/35R20 Rear

Those sizes are not too bad to find, used or new. I was looking on craigslist, and discovered that they are the stock size combo on BMW X5/X6.

Please post pictures when you have the wheels installed ... should look good.

Please post pictures when you have the wheels installed ... should look good.

Will do. Discount called today and said the tires are in, but they were closing in an hour and I have to take the wheels in my truck, run back home, and drive my car up there. Then they have to swap the pressure sensors over to the new wheels. If that's not enough, I got called into work tomorrow, so, I'll be there first thing Thursday morning!

Forgestar sends their wheels to a 3rd party for powdercoating. This process took a lot longer than I thought it would, but they turned out PERFECT - well worth the wait!

Ya looking back I should have done that, but I wanted a special color and figured id have it done locally. Now after three weeks they tell me they are having a hard time getting the epoxy primer off, they sandblasted one for an hour (not sure what media they used) Im going to look at it today to see if it is pitted. Also witnessed them scraping paint off with a pocket knife. NOT GOOD

Ya looking back I should have done that, but I wanted a special color and figured id have it done locally. Now after three weeks they tell me they are having a hard time getting the epoxy primer off, they sandblasted one for an hour (not sure what media they used) Im going to look at it today to see if it is pitted. Also witnessed them scraping paint off with a pocket knife. NOT GOOD

Scraping paint off with a pocket knife??? :angry22:

• 1 month later...

Archived