TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Forgestar F14 Wheels - Matte Black - 20x11 & 20x9

TX STIG

So then if that was the offset, 53mm = 2.08 inches + 5.5 inches (centerline), then the backspace would be 7.586 inches, right? Sorry just trying to understand why he had to cut the bumpstop brackets with 11" wheels and 315 tires. I guess it has something to do with the 2010 model.

I think once the car was removed from the jack stands and the suspension loaded up, the wheels may have fit since the bracket would no longer be right next to the side of the tire. My concern is what happens when hitting bumps?

Also, the left wheel could bolt up (barely) when the car was on jack stands, but the right wheel could not. Keep in mind that while these are 11" wheels they are 12" from edge to edge and then the tire sidewall is even slightly larger.

• Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply

main question here is how well do those tires hook up? 315 is a great size and was wondering how well they work on the street

Not as good as you'd think. Better than stock, but I can still break them loose at 50 mph in 3rd.

• 3 weeks later...

What an absolutely gorgeous set of wheels. I was originally going to powdercoat my stock wheels black.....but seeing these makes me have 2nd thoughts - especially when you can get them in 10"-plus widths.

I thought about going the powder coat route with the stock wheels, but it was the tire packages available in 20" vs 19" that ultimately persuaded me.

do you think these will work with ford racing springs all the way around and are these the dr radial or street tires and how is traction with this set up 428cj

I think the wheels will look great with or without stripes. I was going for that sinister look, and that's why the stripes had to go. However, some other color combos may look better with the rocker stripes.

• 4 months later...

Your car does look awesome!! Did you order them Forgestar, or a dealer? Also, do you know the off-set and back spacing of the front wheels? Thanks!

Ordered straight from Forgestar.

The offset is +40 front, +53 rear.

I'll add this to my signature since I get this question a lot.

Just a few things to keep in mind here, Anyone with a lowered car and is looking to install the nt05 315/35/20 tires may have some clearance issues. the tire is a very tall tire for a 20in. stock tires are 27in tall and the nitto is 28.5 its an inch talling and also almost 2in wider . it may rub in the upper part if the fender well and also the bumpstop bracket

if anyone else here has them installed on there car and its lowered, please let us know how they work and if there is any issues

Just a few things to keep in mind here, Anyone with a lowered car and is looking to install the nt05 315/35/20 tires may have some clearance issues. the tire is a very tall tire for a 20in. stock tires are 27in tall and the nitto is 28.5 its an inch talling and also almost 2in wider . it may rub in the upper part if the fender well and also the bumpstop bracket

if anyone else here has them installed on there car and its lowered, please let us know how they work and if there is any issues

My car was not lowered and I would not recommend them for any car that is. In my case I had an additional inch of ground clearance and also an additional inch of fender well was consumed.

If anyone has seen my car featured on the changing picture show banner on Forgestar's website it is not lowered, they used Photoshop to make it look like it was.

• 2 weeks later...

I had the 315/35/20 NT05R on my car, and I have the FRPP springs and had no clearance issues at all

I had the 315/35/20 NT05R on my car, and I have the FRPP springs and had no clearance issues at all

Good to know! Do you have any pictures you could send me? My tires will be here in the next few days. I love the way it looks at stock height, but would like to see one a little lower.

Good to know! Do you have any pictures you could send me? My tires will be here in the next few days. I love the way it looks at stock height, but would like to see one a little lower.

Yea I have some I will have to download them and post some. The pic in my sig is with the 305/35/20 555R with the FRPP springs

These are the best looking wheels I've seen since noticing the HRE P40 Monoblocks on the Steeda's new Street Fighter Mustang. The F14s are similar in appearance to the P40s as well as the RTR wheels, but come they come in the brushed Ti finish which I really like.

These are the best looking wheels I've seen since noticing the HRE P40 Monoblocks on the Steeda's new Street Fighter Mustang. The F14s are similar in appearance to the P40s as well as the RTR wheels, but come they come in the brushed Ti finish which I really like.

I like them! Much cheaper than the HRE, and more size/offset options than the RTR.

What offsets did you use and:

1.) Did they fit without any cutting?

2.) Did they stick out past the wheel well?

Thanks

I have the wheels, waiting for the tires to come in, and have the same specs as TX Stig. I believe they were +40 front and +53 rear, and it doesn't look like they will be sticking out of the wells. Only downside is that rear tires are expensive for the correct size for an 11" wheel.

I have the wheels, waiting for the tires to come in, and have the same specs as TX Stig. I believe they were +40 front and +53 rear, and it doesn't look like they will be sticking out of the wells. Only downside is that rear tires are expensive for the correct size for an 11" wheel.

A few questions:

1. What tire brand and tires are you going to use?

2. Does the stock SVT center cap fit the F14 wheels?

Thanks!

Archived