TEAM SHELBY FORUM

2007 Shelby GT Cold Air Intake Filter Replacement

Hi Guys and Gals,

Does anyone know the brand and part # for this filter? 2007 Shelby GT Cold Air Intake Filter Replacement, (filter only)

Where can I get an original Filter? I would like to have a replacement filter to install just for the car shows.

Thanks for the help,

Clink

I believe that it is originally a Steeda product. The link for a replacement at Steeda and Ford Racing Parts are below. Double check for yourself. It has been a long time since I had mine.

281-STE100

Steeda Replacement Dual-Cone Filter Element $54.95

http://www.steeda.com/products/steeda_cold_air_intake_kit.php

http://www.fordracingparts.com/parts/part_details.asp?PartKeyField=10099

I believe that it is originally a Steeda product. The link for a replacement at Steeda and Ford Racing Parts are below. Double check for yourself. It has been a long time since I had mine.

281-STE100

Steeda Replacement Dual-Cone Filter Element $54.95

http://www.steeda.com/products/steeda_cold_air_intake_kit.php

http://www.fordracingparts.com/parts/part_details.asp?PartKeyField=10099

Hi,

Thanks for the help,

I sent them this message

I have a 2007 Shelby GT with a cold air intake, I would like to purchase a replacement filter for car shows. I have looked around and can't find the exact filter. I need the exact replacement filter for the Shelby division. The filter element measures 7".

Thanks,

David Clinkscales

619 520 8411 cell

dclinkscales@cox.net

post-8210-127334091314_thumb.jpg

post-8210-127334091314_thumb.jpg

Since it appears that you have a Paxton S/C on your car, I'd suggest that you call them to see about availability of a replacement filter...

•888-9-PAXTON (toll free)

They can probably help you even though the filter is listed as a reusable air filter...

• 6 years later...

I use AmsOil blue non oiled and have for years

Thinking the 2007 Paxton replacement filter part # is EaAU4070 but double checking.

it is the correct one for your Paxton the flange ID is 4" and length 7" and you can get it from a guy named Greg Hazlett on theS197forum

Remember, these filters take blue oil.

Not sure, but I think SB Filters makes a cleaning/oil kit?.

Always surprised at car shows to see these filters red or gray (dry).

There is no need for surprise. It is ok to not oil the filter. All the oil does is help improve the efficiency of the filter in terms of trapping contaminants. An un oiled filter will actually be slightly more efficient at passing air and slightly less efficient at trapping contaminants. Some people also don’t like to oil the filter because of concerns about over oiling and fowling the MAF. Its is ok to oil and it is ok to not oil.

note: I oil the Filter on my SGT, because I believe it is almost always best to follow the manufacturers recommendation.

Agree, it's ok not to oil the filter because everyone can do what they wish-it's their car.

If you don't mind your engine trapping contaminants, don't oil your filter.

The fact is every time you start your car you are sucking contaminants in to the intake whether it has a filter on the intake or not and whether it is oiled or not. Filter choices just determine what size the contaminants are and at what rate they are sucked in. Filtration efficiency vs air flow efficiency is typically a tradeoff. 90% of the dirt that gets past an air filter gets past it in the first 10% of its use and the filter becomes progressively more filtration efficient as it catches more and more dirt. Changing or cleaning an air filter too often can actually introduce more contamination in to your engine than leaving it on for the proper interval.

The fact is every time you start your car you are sucking contaminants in to the intake whether it has a filter on the intake or not and whether it is oiled or not. Filter choices just determine what size the contaminants are and at what rate they are sucked in. Filtration efficiency vs air flow efficiency is typically a tradeoff. 90% of the dirt that gets past an air filter gets past it in the first 10% of its use and the filter becomes progressively more filtration efficient as it catches more and more dirt. Changing or cleaning an air filter too often can actually introduce more contamination in to your engine than leaving it on for the proper interval.

True statement. ^^^^

Oh, wow, I missed that it was a Paxton car. I didn't read your signature Clink......Disregard my first post and check with Paxton.

Yes because the original filter is Blue and yes its a Steeda part

Ford Performance says they are shipped oiled.

Thanks.

A few websites say the filter doesn't need to be cleaned until you can't see the actual filter, and the mesh is covered completely, like this page:

http://www.knfilters.com/cleaning-pics.htm

Mine currently looks better than the "not ready to be cleaned" photo.

Should I just take it off and shake it, blow it out or wipe it? I can't seem to find any info on light maintenance, just full cleaning.

I only drive about 4000-5000 miles a year and detail the engine with each wash, but just wipe around the filter.

I wouldn't do what you are calling "light maintenance" because just shaking it or blowing the loose debris,dust contaminants, etc may dislodge them yet not completely remove all of them from the filter and when you re install the filter some of the contaminants will be sucked though the filter and in to the intake.Just because you blow the filter off to the point that you dont see any dirt doesn tmean it is clean. The average human can only detect objects down to about 40 micron. (For reference an average human hair is about 60 micron across), so just because the filter may look blown clean it doesn't mean it is clean. If you are going to clean the filter then clean it per the manufacturer's instructions and re-oil it. The re-oiling helps capture any loose contaminants that were dislodged during cleaning as well as help capture new contaminants from passing through the filter.

Also someone mentioned that the Original filter is blue and a Steeds part. That is only partially accurate. The filter is actually made by S&B Filters, Steeda just puts their part number on it. The filter when cleaned is actually a whiteish grey color. On the Steeda site you will actually see that their recommended cleaning/oiling kit is a kit by S&B. The oil is blue on the OEM Filter. S&B actually makes a Blue oil and a Red Oil, It does not matter if you use the S&B Blue oil or the S&B Red oil, they are both the same except for the dye color.

• 2 years later...

I finally tired of trying to clean and oil my old, original air filter so, after hours of online shopping, found an almost-exact replacement. None of the sights listed the exact dimensions and several showed just one photo of the wrong shaped filter, so I went with CJ Pony Parts:

https://www.cjponyparts.com/M9601C/p/M9601C/?utm_source=Pony&utm_medium=Email&utm_campaign=OrderConfirmation&lac_guid=4c392c57-c049-e911-8170-0050568938fc

It's not the original silver/grey that mine was back when I bought my 2008 new, but it's the exact correct size. It also makes my engine look so much better with that blue color.

air filter 2019 sm.jpg

Archived