TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Need a pic of your engine

Hi,

Can some post pics of their engine? I am looking for behind the blower on the passenger side (near the firewall). There is this canister type "solenoid" device hanging off or near the rear of the blower on the passenger side.

Need to know if this is supposed to be rusting.

Hi,

Can some post pics of their engine? I am looking for behind the blower on the passenger side (near the firewall). There is this canister type "solenoid" device hanging off or near the rear of the blower on the passenger side.

Hey Smelly,

Sounds like you're describing the ERG module. Here's a couple of pics of mine:

DSC00384.jpg

DSC00386.jpg

Best of luck,

DaFreak

How many mile do you have?

Can anyone else do a visual and tell me if your ERG is a rusty pumpkin? I have 7500 miles and it's the nastiest looking piece in the engine. Maybe this will explain the part that is leaking and causing my farting sounds (see other thread) above.

Thanks,

Tom

Hi Tom,

Only 1K on mine so far so maybe this is in my future too?

DaFreakb

Mine was when I bought it because it's untreated metal. I just got some rust stop and used a brush to apply it and now it's black.

Hi,

Archived