TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Pre-Grabberfest Track Day at PIR

cluscher

Club Lotus Northwest is hosting a track day on Friday, May 28, at PIR. I'm planning to attend the track day and then be at Grabber's bright and early Saturday morning to clean up the beast and kick off the festivities. Anybody in? Here's the link for details:

http://clnw.org/trackday-info

I spoke to the event organizer, Mark Viskov, about a month ago. You do need a track day under your belt to run with the intermediate group, and there will not be a novice group. You have to call Mark to register. When I spoke to him he planned to open registration for the event at the beginning of this month, and he said they typically have quite a bit of room for newcomers. I told him there may very well be a handful of us Shelby guys there, and he thought that would be cool. That said, I'm hoping to get at least a few of us. I plan to call tomorrow to register. Should be an outstanding day.

-Chris

Club Lotus Northwest is hosting a track day on Friday, May 28, at PIR. I'm planning to attend the track day and then be at Grabber's bright and early Saturday morning to clean up the beast and kick off the festivities. Anybody in? Here's the link for details:

http://clnw.org/trackday-info

I spoke to the event organizer, Mark Viskov, about a month ago. You do need a track day under your belt to run with the intermediate group, and there will not be a novice group. You have to call Mark to register. When I spoke to him he planned to open registration for the event at the beginning of this month, and he said they typically have quite a bit of room for newcomers. I told him there may very well be a handful of us Shelby guys there, and he thought that would be cool. That said, I'm hoping to get at least a few of us. I plan to call tomorrow to register. Should be an outstanding day.

-Chris

Lots of lookers (27 views) no other replies?? Hopeful some others are thinking about it.. I believe JSauers has also signed up.

I would love to but I have other commitments that day, you and Jim have fun be safe, see you on the 29th

Lots of lookers (27 views) no other replies?? Hopeful some others are thinking about it.. I believe JSauers has also signed up.

I would love to but I have other commitments that day, you and Jim have fun be safe, see you on the 29th

Surprised no definite takers yet? Hopefully that will change. I'm all set to go and hope some of my Shelby brothers will be there to show what great track cars the Shelbys are. I've gotta say my car has gotten quite a bit of attention at the few events I've attended. Guys are shocked at how fast it is in the straights and they they can't catch me in the corners. Too much fun!!

Surprised no definite takers yet? Hopefully that will change. I'm all set to go and hope some of my Shelby brothers will be there to show what great track cars the Shelbys are. I've gotta say my car has gotten quite a bit of attention at the few events I've attended. Guys are shocked at how fast it is in the straights and they they can't catch me in the corners. Too much fun!!

Well hopefully we can meet up at the track another time- here's a list of events I plan on attending:

June 20th / Sunday - Tri-Club Track Day / Portland, OR

http://www.motorsportreg.com/index.cfm/event/calendar

July 15th / Thursday - Mustangs NW / Pacific Raceway

http://www.mustangsnorthwest.com/page15828.asp

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Well hopefully we can meet up at the track another time- here's a list of events I plan on attending:

June 20th / Sunday - Tri-Club Track Day / Portland, OR

http://www.motorsportreg.com/index.cfm/event/calendar

July 15th / Thursday - Mustangs NW / Pacific Raceway

http://www.mustangsnorthwest.com/page15828.asp

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

We'll be out there together on July 15 for sure. Looking forward to it.

Bueller.........Bueller :headscratch: Come on guys.......very disappointing :cry:

:hysterical:

I wish I could join you out there Chris, I'd love to treat you to the sound of your old exhaust on headers. :redcard:

However, my leg is still a ways from being healed enough to do any track events. Short cruises is all I have strength for yet. I'll definitely be at Rob's, I haven't heard where the cruise is planned for this year.

:hysterical:

I wish I could join you out there Chris, I'd love to treat you to the sound of your old exhaust on headers. :redcard:

However, my leg is still a ways from being healed enough to do any track events. Short cruises is all I have strength for yet. I'll definitely be at Rob's, I haven't heard where the cruise is planned for this year.

Didn't know you're laid up? Looking forward to catching up and hearing how those mufflers sounds with your LTs.

Yeah, had a little mishap on the ski slopes at the end of January. Fractured my left tibia rather badly. Fortunately I didn't require any surgery and didn't tear any ligaments. Made for a long recovery, but it will be a complete recovery with no limitations. Eventually... I just started driving a clutch again less than a week ago!

Yeah, had a little mishap on the ski slopes at the end of January. Fractured my left tibia rather badly. Fortunately I didn't require any surgery and didn't tear any ligaments. Made for a long recovery, but it will be a complete recovery with no limitations. Eventually... I just started driving a clutch again less than a week ago!

Ugh, we have more in common than I thought. i have a bone sticking out of my chest from a ski accident a couple years ago. We'll have lots to talk about on the 29th.

Archived