TEAM SHELBY FORUM

2011 Pricing

I am ready to order a 2011 Vert and spoke with a few local dealers with allocations.

For the lucky guys on here who have ordered 2011's what discount did you get under MSRP?

Got my fully loaded vert for about 1600 under. 5 minutes after I made my deal I was given an offer for 2K under. the next day 2500 under....but ended up stuck in my 1600 under deal.

Depends on if they have the allocation....my dealer had an allocation....but they are not getting it pulled until 6 weeks after I ordered it which means I probably wont see it until late June.

Got my fully loaded vert for about 1600 under. 5 minutes after I made my deal I was given an offer for 2K under. the next day 2500 under....but ended up stuck in my 1600 under deal.

Depends on if they have the allocation....my dealer had an allocation....but they are not getting it pulled until 6 weeks after I ordered it which means I probably wont see it until late June.

Thanks using Kelly BB for invoice pricing http://www.kbb.com/new-cars/ford/mustang/2011/price-with-options?id=263894&category=convertible

This allocation game is a pain, I have one dealer I trust and his next allocation is June.

I am ready to order a 2011 Vert and spoke with a few local dealers with allocations.

For the lucky guys on here who have ordered 2011's what discount did you get under MSRP?

Timing, timing :)

When I made my deal in February, we basically split the difference between MSRP and Invoice - which I thought was a pretty awesome deal for then (every other dealer in this area wanted MSRP + minimum $5K ADM *and* a hefty chunk of cash to lock me in). My MSRP was $55,705 and I am paying $53,225 (around $2,500 under MSRP with a $500 deposit (on a CC - mama didn't raise no fool!)).

Given that it is months later and these things are finally starting to roll in, you should do at least as well or better. Unless Ford suddenly announces they aren't producing anymore etc., the price should only come down.

Good luck!

Timing, timing :)

When I made my deal in February, we basically split the difference between MSRP and Invoice - which I thought was a pretty awesome deal for then (every other dealer in this area wanted MSRP + minimum $5K ADM *and* a hefty chunk of cash to lock me in). My MSRP was $55,705 and I am paying $53,225 (around $2,500 under MSRP with a $500 deposit (on a CC - mama didn't raise no fool!)).

Given that it is months later and these things are finally starting to roll in, you should do at least as well or better. Unless Ford suddenly announces they aren't producing anymore etc., the price should only come down.

Good luck!

Local dealers in south Florida were all over the place from list to big discounts and some even wanted

over MSRP :hysterical3: (Miami of course)

Came down to 2 competing dealers, if possible always work directly with the GSM., got over $3K off MSRP. Now the waiting game.

My gosh, you guys are getting some good deals. I just ordered a coupe from Mangold Ford (Eureka, ILL). I got basically $500 under MSRP. I did order mine without any 'frills'. No options and stripe delete. Maybe that had something to do with my price?

My guess is that by the time the car is allocated, built, and delivered, it'll be August.

Would like an update on pricing please. We had ordered a triple black vert jan 29th....ETA is june 1. 500 down, but the trade we had planned with them fell through since their offer for our Bimmer was 5 under trade-in value.

MSRP on our car is 54, 495. We sold the bimmer on our own, so now instead of a trade and saving some $ on taxes, we have to rethink..................At the time and if we would have taken their offer, it would have saved us 1500 in taxes and the dealer was going to "give us part of his profit" 1500.............So what is everyone paying now, that some cars are being finally delivered.

Would like an update on pricing please. We had ordered a triple black vert jan 29th....ETA is june 1. 500 down, but the trade we had planned with them fell through since their offer for our Bimmer was 5 under trade-in value.

MSRP on our car is 54, 495. We sold the bimmer on our own, so now instead of a trade and saving some $ on taxes, we have to rethink..................At the time and if we would have taken their offer, it would have saved us 1500 in taxes and the dealer was going to "give us part of his profit" 1500.............So what is everyone paying now, that some cars are being finally delivered.

$1500 of is a good deal. Try to squeeze him for a little more due to the trade falling through if you can.

$500 down isn't that much but it's going to be hard to get a car in June for more than 2K off MSRP.

Well just got back from there.......................ok, car eta is june first, they are tracking it ..........they came down 2595 off the msrp of $54,495.............so with tax out the door 54500, no extra fees etc.........

Ezareth, you think demand is going to go up ? and they will be holding tight onto the prices?

Well just got back from there.......................ok, car eta is june first, they are tracking it ..........they came down 2595 off the msrp of $54,495.............so with tax out the door 54500, no extra fees etc.........

Ezareth, you think demand is going to go up ? and they will be holding tight onto the prices?

No demand probably won't go up, and the price will come down once the winter months set it. Until then you'll be hard pressed to find anything local for $2500 off MSRP on a car with no options.

that will make my wife happy that it was a good transaction,,,,,,,,,,,,,,she was not sure.

interestingly the GM showed us his papework and it showed an invoice of 49,800..........................but next to it was boxes labelled plan A-D and E-F....with corresponding prices of 48000 and 48800 etc................he said that has something to do with Ford employee prices or something.........

I was under the impression invoice including delivery was 49200...................but that is for the consumer to know, and not necessarely the real dealer cost, holdback, incentives etc etc.

that will make my wife happy that it was a good transaction,,,,,,,,,,,,,,she was not sure.

interestingly the GM showed us his papework and it showed an invoice of 49,800..........................but next to it was boxes labelled plan A-D and E-F....with corresponding prices of 48000 and 48800 etc................he said that has something to do with Ford employee prices or something.........

I was under the impression invoice including delivery was 49200...................but that is for the consumer to know, and not necessarely the real dealer cost, holdback, incentives etc etc.

Sometimes I pay invoice or less so there are always holdbacks, incentives etc.

Congrats! You got a Very good price now Get in the Waiting Line :waiting:

No demand probably won't go up, and the price will come down once the winter months set it. Until then you'll be hard pressed to find anything local for $2500 off MSRP on a car with no options.

---------------------------

Pretty true. Around the Holidays(Thanksgiving, XMAS) may get you some cheaper deals. That's my timeframe. Then again, inre demand, it's a tough call. It will depend on the economy, I think, as well as what kind of quarter mile times the 2011 gets.

---------------------------

Pretty true. Around the Holidays(Thanksgiving, XMAS) may get you some cheaper deals. That's my timeframe. Then again, inre demand, it's a tough call. It will depend on the economy, I think, as well as what kind of quarter mile times the 2011 gets.

Vegas, I was wanting to hold out in about the same time frame (turkey day/Xmas) but I'm curious when production is truely done for the 2011 GT500's. In other words would you and I be able to walk into a Ford dealer that still has allocations and ORDER a car just the way we want it??? Maybe Blue might have some productions numbers from last year to give us an idea of when they stopped new production. I've only ever purchased 1 new car in my life and that was quite a while ago.

Sometimes I pay invoice or less so there are always holdbacks, incentives etc.

Congrats! You got a Very good price now Get in the Waiting Line :waiting:

Not much waiting here, I got a chance to look at the ETA, it is june 1, it has already left the factory and is in on a train, they did show me the shipment tracking....

Who knows what thanksgiving/christmas would bring............The dealers are not so sure that with the new 5.0 GT, demand would be much less for the Shelby, since the GT is a performer and much less expensive........so much so, that if fiscally responsible, Ford may let Shelby build Shelbys or end production and Ford would concentrate on high production/profitable models..........But again sales people talk alot.

Not much waiting here, I got a chance to look at the ETA, it is june 1, it has already left the factory and is in on a train, they did show me the shipment tracking....

Who knows what thanksgiving/christmas would bring............The dealers are not so sure that with the new 5.0 GT, demand would be much less for the Shelby, since the GT is a performer and much less expensive........so much so, that if fiscally responsible, Ford may let Shelby build Shelbys or end production and Ford would concentrate on high production/profitable models..........But again sales people talk alot.

I keep thinking that as well. A 5.0 GT with the 3.73 ratio is probably a 12 second car. All for 15-20 grand less than a GT500.

Vegas, I was wanting to hold out in about the same time frame (turkey day/Xmas) but I'm curious when production is truely done for the 2011 GT500's. In other words would you and I be able to walk into a Ford dealer that still has allocations and ORDER a car just the way we want it??? Maybe Blue might have some productions numbers from last year to give us an idea of when they stopped new production. I've only ever purchased 1 new car in my life and that was quite a while ago.

I wish I knew when production was done. I doubt Ford really knows for sure either. I'd order one as well most likely since most of the ones I've seen thus far are coming with that electronics package option that I have no use for. I don't own a cell phone or an ipod or mp3 player or blackberry or any of that stuff. I don't even need the radio. I'm one of those old timers that just wants a steering wheel and some pedals.

I keep thinking that as well. A 5.0 GT with the 3.73 ratio is probably a 12 second car. All for 15-20 grand less than a GT500.

The GM was invited to Detroit to test drive the GT, he said it was impressive, compared to last years...................supercharged, it would be interesting.............many enthusiasts like you will say the same thing, it is pretty good performance for a bunch less.................they had a black coupe with supercharger, brakes etc, all roush...........he said once the new GTs are on the ground he would have a problem selling it..........the dealership has a sale sign on it for 37.....................it has 13K worth of roush parts on it......my wife said too bad it was not a vert......

So I can see how a company may have to do away with low production specialty models to fiscally be solvent.............but again, who knows.

There are 3 other Shelby coupes in my area. Again, all are coming with the electronics package option which adds $2340 to the sticker for a total of $55,705. And here in Las Vegas we pay 8.1% sales tax which adds ANOTHER $4500 bucks to the price, effectively giving you a $60,000 car. Ouch. However, the sales tax can be deducted from tax returns in Nevada. But still....

There are 3 other Shelby coupes in my area. Again, all are coming with the electronics package option which adds $2340 to the sticker for a total of $55,705. And here in Las Vegas we pay 8.1% sales tax which adds ANOTHER $4500 bucks to the price, effectively giving you a $60,000 car. Ouch. However, the sales tax can be deducted from tax returns in Nevada. But still....

This is what is killing me. Worse, in NY we pay 8.625% sales tax because the greedy :censored: politicians need to give our money to other people to get elected.

I would love to find a 2010 convertible with zero options, perhaps get the car under $50,000. For a mustang. :banghead:

Archived