TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Can we replace Headrests

Are there any aftermarket headrests that people are using for our seats? With a helmet on the headrest tends to push you forward too much. I dont want to replace my seats yet...

Turn it around.

Phill

I tried at the track to remove them but I will try again at home. There is probably a lever to release them like my other cars. I will check.

M.

I haven't tried with the Mustang but on both of my other cars you can pull them all the way up and push in the button that lets them go down, but pull up and they come out.

I'll try it on the Mustang later today and see what happens. There *has* to be a way to get them out for service. I'm just not sure what it is, yet.

Phill

I haven't tried with the Mustang but on both of my other cars you can pull them all the way up and push in the button that lets them go down, but pull up and they come out.

I'll try it on the Mustang later today and see what happens. There *has* to be a way to get them out for service. I'm just not sure what it is, yet.

Phill

From my experience with Mustang headrests the release is down in the guiding hole a bit....you usually need a thin screwdriver or tool to hit the release.

• 2 weeks later...

There's a small hole on the outside of the pole towards the center. Place a small nail or paper clip in the hole while pressing in push the button and pull up. Tilt the seat back so you have clearance room. CC

Just tried mine and on the 2010 there is another button on the inside base opposite side post of the adjuster button it is flush you just push it in and also push the adjuster button in and pull up it comes right out.

Just tried mine and on the 2010 there is another button on the inside base opposite side post of the adjuster button it is flush you just push it in and also push the adjuster button in and pull up it comes right out.

Yep! got it.

Thanks everyone.. Much more comfy for head in helmet now.

Archived