TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Auto hauler ideas?

Hi Everyone-

Instead of renting another UHaul thinking of buying flatbed auto hauler.. Any suggestions or brands I should be looking at? I dont think I need an enclosed unit. Looking for something that is REAL easy to load car on...had some issues with the Uhaul and the ramps, etc. Not the easiest thing to do....

Thanks,

Mike

Hi Everyone-

Instead of renting another UHaul thinking of buying flatbed auto hauler.. Any suggestions or brands I should be looking at? I dont think I need an enclosed unit. Looking for something that is REAL easy to load car on...had some issues with the Uhaul and the ramps, etc. Not the easiest thing to do....

Thanks,

Mike

I have had a number of trailers over the years and i ended up with an enclosed car trailer. If going for an open trailer I would reccomend one with a complete deck and an auto tilt set up so you do not have to mess with ramps. It shoukld also have removeable fenders so you don't gack the doors. I still prefer my enclosed tariler as it takes the same space to store and has on several occasions acted as an extra garage space when the necessity arises. Besides, you always get new friends when you get a trailer. I have mine insured through Haggerty insurance with my collectors car policy. Just my 2 cents.....

enclosed is the way to go.If not, dont cover the car because the cover will wear the paint off the edges>im sure you know you need a big vehicle, like an SUV--the tow vehicel needs to weigh more then the tarilered vehicle to prvent swaying

enclosed is the way to go.If not, dont cover the car because the cover will wear the paint off the edges>im sure you know you need a big vehicle, like an SUV--the tow vehicel needs to weigh more then the tarilered vehicle to prvent swaying

http://www.fthr.com/car-trailer/

Real nice trailer for the money.

Archived