TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Cabela's in Buda, Tx Saturday the 8th

SVOC

Was looking at wanding down to Cabela's this saturday to hang out with all the other local cruisers from Austin and surrounding areas, didn't know if anyone else was looking for something to do Saturday evening about 6pm, we could go and eat at Chili's right next door, and then walk back over to the cruise in.

I know of someone that just got a new-to-them GT that would probably want to come out if his Kitchen Pass is still valid.

Usually 75-100 cars, trucks, rat rods, classics, and latemodels show up.

Jeff

While I would love to come out, my kitchen pass has been revoked, cancelled, steped on, torn into little pieces, lit on fire and then burried in a hole in the yard.

Plus the "new" GT is not really uh, "show" quality at the moment. Although I do think the rims look great!

Let me think about how comforable the sofa is then I'll decide whether I want to ask permission. hysterical.gif

Didnt realize it had gotten that big.......we're going

Cool we'll see you there, BTW, I'm not bringing the truck we'll be in my white 85' LX.

Cool we'll see you there, BTW, I'm not bringing the truck we'll be in my white 85' LX.

Or I might be in Reaper since the little girls may need my doors again for their mirror and I can confuse people with my license plate. :headscratch: Calls in to Emilio to bring out his GT500 and Ed to bring the Shelby GT. Also made some calls to our other Mustang fanatics!

We can show the Camaro group how to back up a car without hitting the curb. And they even have beepy thingies to let them know they are about to hit something. :doh:

And we'll be there about 7ish. Can't do the Chili's thing this go round but maybe next time. Bring chairs!!!

Or I might be in Reaper since the little girls may need my doors again for their mirror and I can confuse people with my license plate. :headscratch: Calls in to Emilio to bring out his GT500 and Ed to bring the Shelby GT. Also made some calls to our other Mustang fanatics!

We can show the Camaro group how to back up a car without hitting the curb. And they even have beepy thingies to let them know they are about to hit something. :doh:

And we'll be there about 7ish. Can't do the Chili's thing this go round but maybe next time. Bring chairs!!!

I will try to make it out tonite , but not in the GT500 (broke the drive shaft Monday night) . Still wating on new one to show up . If I show up it will be on the motorcycle .

Emilio

Here's a link to rush_junkie's pics from last night.

http://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=1249159061&ref=profile#!/album.php?aid=7970&id=100000849225754&ref=mf

Smaller than normal crowd but I think the scattered rain around Austin scared off some folks. However, some cool cars were out.

Warren, I did make one guy really sad. We saw this black w/red stripes GT500 vert driving around and at first we thought it was you. But the guy parked next to us (RVRSNK on Aggie plates) and I told him that we had a friend with a similar car. He was like black w/red stripes vert? I said yes and that his father has one just like it. I am thinking he thought he was the only one out there, he looked so down after that...lol.

Here's a link to rush_junkie's pics from last night.

http://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=1249159061&ref=profile#!/album.php?aid=7970&id=100000849225754&ref=mf

Smaller than normal crowd but I think the scattered rain around Austin scared off some folks. However, some cool cars were out.

Warren, I did make one guy really sad. We saw this black w/red stripes GT500 vert driving around and at first we thought it was you. But the guy parked next to us (RVRSNK on Aggie plates) and I told him that we had a friend with a similar car. He was like black w/red stripes vert? I said yes and that his father has one just like it. I am thinking he thought he was the only one out there, he looked so down after that...lol.

Here are the same pix in case you're not on facebook: "http://s63.photobucket.com/albums/h154/rush_junky/Mustangs/Cabelas 05-08-10"

Weather is supposed to suck for this weekend - although we can use the rain.

I was trying to get the San Antonio people together, but they keep wussing out.

In other news, I dont have oxidized paint on the hood anymore - found one on craigslist for $80. much better paint and I now have an extra hood.

• 4 weeks later...

Got my little girl's first recital tonight, so I cant make it...plus, I think Mid America and a trip to Vegas in the next month or 6 weeks will use up all of my me time for a while.

• 4 weeks later...

Was looking at wanding down to Cabela's this saturday to hang out with all the other local cruisers from Austin and surrounding areas, didn't know if anyone else was looking for something to do Saturday evening about 6pm, we could go and eat at Chili's right next door, and then walk back over to the cruise in.

I know of someone that just got a new-to-them GT that would probably want to come out if his Kitchen Pass is still valid.

Usually 75-100 cars, trucks, rat rods, classics, and latemodels show up.

Jeff

hey dubs, juanita1 here. We are excited about the next trip to the hill country. we love all you guys and are too far away to get to your local events but we are wanting to go to the next hill country ride. keep us in mind when you schedule the next one. hope to see you in grandbury, that one is close to us and we are anxious to see all you wonderful san antonio people.

Thank you! That made my day!!! I am working on something for us for next spring. Doing these kinds of things down here in Texas is kind of the reverse of the rest of the country...they have to store their cars during the winter, and we have to store them during the summer! LOL

In all seriousness, though, our next cruise will be a bit further east I think, but closer for everyone overall. I also want to do a split on the driving and have an overnight. This will give us a little more downtime to hang out and enjoy each other's company more.

I've got SO many things Im working on now, as Team Shelby has now put some legitimacy behind all these local and regional get togethers, and we are working on getting that up and running right now in fact. I will be at Granbury for sure, and of course the week before is our big event in Terlingua, which you can get more info on in the Terlingua section of the forum. That will tie up the whole month of September for me getting things ready, and October will be pretty full after two week long events, and then we try to leave the holidays alone for family time. January is Vegas for Shelby tracktime, and then we have about a two month window in March/April to run our local thing. Next year we will move it up to March I think, because weather is a little more stable. One week after our hill country drive, we got 6 inches of rain out there, and many of the bridges and low water crossings completely washed out. We got lucky.

That said, we do try to get together at the local level every 6-8 weeks to kick around here at either a cars and coffee or a little 2 hour cruise and lunch. As soon as I get the GT350, Im gonna want some seat time to break her in Im sure! And Sean is working out the final details of something you ALL will find very interesting!!! :censored: :happy feet: :dance:

:lurk::drool::mail:

That said, we do try to get together at the local level every 6-8 weeks to kick around here at either a cars and coffee or a little 2 hour cruise and lunch. As soon as I get the GT350, Im gonna want some seat time to break her in Im sure! And Sean is working out the final details of something you ALL will find very interesting!!! censored.gifhappy feet.gifdance.gif

lurk.gifdrool.gifmail.gif

I am??? Oh, yeah, I am!!! hysterical.gif

• 2 weeks later...

Archived