TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Some people just make my blood boil

bpmurr

I went out this morning and some jerk had spit all over my car. Who does something like that? People just have no respect for other peoples property. Probably a Camaro5 poster!

• Replies 96
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I went out this morning and some jerk had spit all over my car. Who does something like that? People just have no respect for other peoples property. Probably a Camaro5 poster!

Hey Mike-

Sorry to read about this. It is a bummer to experience something like this...personal attack on your property. Time for video camera?

What can you do even if you catch the person? other than confront them...

M.

Probably a cyclist. Here they hate cars, and especially "non=enviornmental" ones, and are confrontational.

Grown Men wearing spandex, like the are in the Tour D France, judging people in cars....something wrong with that.

I actually caught some punk kid spitting on the steering wheel of my Saleen at a Chipotle a couple of years ago. I grabbed him and slammed him against a wall, had my wife hand him my terry cloth and told him he'd better clean it like he owned it.

I leaned on his POS Honda ricer and watched as he cleaned it off. Afterwards I threw the cloth in his car told him he is lucky he didn't get his head split open and if I saw him near my car again he was a dead man.

The sad thing is that wasn't the first time someone had spat on my car either. I caught someone at a Denny's throwing a cigarette butt in my car too. The problem is there are too many jealous kids who weren't properly raised out there. You just can't park a nice car in a public place and not watch it these days. I can think of no property violation more infuriating than messing with a man's car.

Luckily I haven't run into anything like that.

I suppose it could have definitely been worse. Good this it wasn't baloney or something to that effect; anything that would have caused some real damage. If I remember correctly, there was a TS member maybe in the LA area that had his entire car spray painted. :nonono:

Probably a cyclist. Here they hate cars, and especially "non=enviornmental" ones, and are confrontational.

Grown Men wearing spandex, like the are in the Tour D France, judging people in cars....something wrong with that.

Don't mean to jump on you, but some people enjoy cycling AND cars (that would be me)! Just suggesting you be careful not to make assumptions about people or lump them into categories.

Besides, spandex is a great material for car covers too! :hysterical:

Some people just have to respect for others let alone the things they work hard for. Most likely some loser who can't and will never be able to afford a nice car like you have so he's bitter. Sorry to hear about your car bro, and hopefully you can put the Shelby back in the garage once you get the fuel smell issue taken care of.

my last GT vert was a 90---used to leave the top down when i parked, till someone threw a cup of ckoe into my white leatherd seat car.Tops up,but unlocked--dont want a ripped top, and thyell get in if they want to---bob

I live in a condo so the car was out in the lot. As far as I know I'm fine with all the neighbors as I'm on the associations board. I'm glad it was only spit. Had it been more and I saw the guy I might be in jail at the moment.

This is a shame man!!

But, at least they did not scratched it...

I live in a condo so the car was out in the lot. As far as I know I'm fine with all the neighbors as I'm on the associations board. I'm glad it was only spit. Had it been more and I saw the guy I might be in jail at the moment.

Is there a Parking Limit in that Complex?

I know my friend lives in one with 24hr only parking, and I always see the same 3 or 4 cars in those 24 hour spots every day when I have to park blocks away. Boils the blood, but I wouldn't mess with a vehicle.

Yeah but when you see it is just some piece of human waste doing it, and think of the consequences of going too far coupled with the fact they or their friends could do it worse next time, a rational course is always the best course. Just part of life, dealing with human waste. Only thing to do is stay out of the "Bathrooms" of America if you can.

Now if I lived in Alaska or some unpopulated region of Canada......some vandalizer would have probably dissapeared and been written off as a grizzly-victim or something. :angry22:

I actually caught some punk kid spitting on the steering wheel of my Saleen at a Chipotle a couple of years ago. I grabbed him and slammed him against a wall, had my wife hand him my terry cloth and told him he'd better clean it like he owned it.

I leaned on his POS Honda ricer and watched as he cleaned it off. Afterwards I threw the cloth in his car told him he is lucky he didn't get his head split open and if I saw him near my car again he was a dead man.

The sad thing is that wasn't the first time someone had spat on my car either. I caught someone at a Denny's throwing a cigarette butt in my car too. The problem is there are too many jealous kids who weren't properly raised out there. You just can't park a nice car in a public place and not watch it these days. I can think of no property violation more infuriating than messing with a man's car.

That's one reason I believe that the U.S. needs to reinstate the draft. If the little $#!+'s don't learn respect and disipline at home, they will sure learn it from a 22" necked, red faced, you would sware that his eyes were going to pop out of his head, screaming drill instructor!

WARNING!!! STRONG ADULT LANUGAGE AND RACIAL COMMENTS IN FOLLOWING VIDEO...

http://www.break.com...tor-508132.html

(But you got to love a U.S. Marine DI) salute.gifhysterical.gif

As far as I know I'm fine with all the neighbors as I'm on the associations board.

You just said a mouthfull.

HOA Board members are "the bad guys".

My neice was the President of a *small* community and she got her tires slashed. She was a "Hitler" when it came to violations so I'm sure that played a big part.

I'm a Officer (Treasurer) on our BoD and we have 536 single family homes in our community. If there's any *one* person on a Board that's the bad guy, it's the Treasurer (I'm the one that makes the budget and raises dues!). Yet, I'm in pretty good standing with my home owners.

I think! lol'

So far, no firebombs thrown at my house, no damage to my vehicles, no hate mail or calls.

But I also have a "open door policy" for ALL home owners and welcome them to either call me (I publish my number) or come by and knock on my door...

It's all about how you treat your constituants. Give respect and you'll get respect.

But don't *ever* fool yourself into thinking you're "good" with *all* of the residents. Some fool will think you're a POS just because you are "the man" (i.e. Board member).

Having said that, it was probably the kid (i.e. a resident) of one of your condo owners that didn't even know you're on the BoD.

I have friends that have video cameras hooked up to their computers and can play back a days worth of video to see who came to their door. You can always do that <?shrug?>

Off of my soap box,

Phill Pollard - Soaring Eagles HOA

That's one reason I believe that the U.S. needs to reinstate the draft. If the little $#!+'s don't learn respect and disipline at home, they will sure learn it from a 22" necked, red faced, you would sware that his eyes were going to pop out of his head, screaming drill instructor!

Of course, there is a good chance that many of those snot nosed little buggers won't learn from the experience, remain complete douches and go home with advanced weapon training.

Of course, there is a good chance that many of those snot nosed little buggers won't learn from the experience, remain complete douches and go home with advanced weapon training.

In today's armed forces that is definately true. They don't make drill instructors like they used to.....or they don't give them the power they need to do their job....much like teachers in our schools.

We have that problem here in Colorado Springs.

Ft. Carson is a large army base (boot camp) that trains you to kill.

Then when they get back, they don't 'untrain' them.

We've had a HUGE influx of murders traced to homecoming troops here in CoS. They kill with no remorse. They kill for the thrill of killing.

The Army is working on it with new Psych evals for homecoming troops.

We shall see.....

Phill

We have that problem here in Colorado Springs.

Ft. Carson is a large army base (boot camp) that trains you to kill.

Then when they get back, they don't 'untrain' them.

We've had a HUGE influx of murders traced to homecoming troops here in CoS. They kill with no remorse. They kill for the thrill of killing.

The Army is working on it with new Psych evals for homecoming troops.

We shall see.....

Phill

That has always been a problem with soldiers....even in the time of Rome. It is a social cost we pay for protecting our society and culture from invaders.

Best thing to do is keep the soldiers active.....maybe part of the problem is we've been increasing the number of "Reserve" troops.

Guess we could always start another war. Wouldn't mind giving Iran a shot ( =

Bummer. At least the person didn't place their purse on the hood of your car at the mall and let it slide down to the front of the grill leaving a nice scratch trail. Good thing it wasn't the Shelby bad thing it was my other car. :doh:

Archived