TEAM SHELBY FORUM

GT 500 V 2011 GT

Has anyone else seen the first the first results of the new 5.0 on Motor trend and Stang TV . ? 12.7 and 12.8 for bone stock in 1/4 . 0-60 time of 4.3 .

Evo Performance even got theirs down to a 12.04 at 117 mph ( some tunning ,MT ET Streets and exhaust work on that run ) .

You gotta wonder what the ne 2011 GT 500,s are going to do to keep ahead . Sure looks like a good time for Muscle cars . New V6 Stang even covers 1/4 in 13.8 !!!

What I'm trying to determine is does the GT have Iron Sleeves or does it also use the PWTA coating technology? From what I see in these articles the block is also all aluminum.

I think the 5.0 is Teflon coated and the GT 500's use Spray Bore liners , but again , i'm not sure . Maybe someone else will chime in .

I think the 5.0 is Teflon coated and the GT 500's use Spray Bore liners , but again , i'm not sure . Maybe someone else will chime in .

After researching it appears they use cast-iron sleeves.

Sleeves

What I want to know is, if our PWTA process is so much better and cheaper....why didn't they roll it out to the 5.0 GTs as well? I'm starting to feel like a ginea pig!

After researching it appears they use cast-iron sleeves.

Sleeves

What I want to know is, if our PWTA process is so much better and cheaper....why didn't they roll it out to the 5.0 GTs as well? I'm starting to feel like a ginea pig!

Who said it was cheaper? Also, the PWTA process wasn't available for the Ford GT then. I also think they wanted to move away from the iron sleeves because some individuals were having difficulty with the iron sleeves in the aluminum 5.4. "walking" was the term I was told from a local tuning shop when referring to the GT's iron sleeves.

Who said it was cheaper? Also, the PWTA process wasn't available for the Ford GT then. I also think they wanted to move away from the iron sleeves because some individuals were having difficulty with the iron sleeves in the aluminum 5.4. "walking" was the term I was told from a local tuning shop when referring to the GT's iron sleeves.

Most of the writeups I've seen on the PWTA process have noted that it is cheaper than using iron sleeves.

I'm talking about the 2011 Mustang GT, not the Ford GT BTW.

That's a really good question in my book, only Ford really knows, perhaps someone who has SVT on the line while they are asking about delivery of their 2011 GT500 could ask?

My guess is it comes down to numbers, last year if I remember Blue's numbers they made a shade under 4,500 GT500's and in 2010 Ford made 92,000 some Mustang GT's according to what I could find on Google. Perhaps Ford just doesn't have facilities nor does Flame-Spray to make blocks for 90,000+ motors.

That's a reall good question in my book, only Ford really knows, perhaps someone who has SVT is on the line while they are asking about delivery of their 2011 GT500 could ask?

My guess is it comes down to numbers, last year if I remember Blue's numbers they made a shade under 4,500 GT500's and in 2010 Ford made 92,000 some Mustang GT's according to what I could find on Google. Perhaps Ford just doesn't have facilities nor does Flame-Spray to make blocks for 90,000+ motors.

That's what I'm thinking (and hoping is the case).

They're only doing GT500's because if they have to recall the engines it will only be 5000 cars.

Just kidding guys, the cars will be great, cant wait to see them!

They're only doing GT500's because if they have to recall the engines it will only be 5000 cars.

Just kidding guys, the cars will be great, cant wait to see them!

Gotta wonder how much boost the STOCK 5.0 will be able to handle .

]

From what I've seen for the stock 5.0 the compression ratio is pretty high so I'd think there would have to be a little massaging going on to add boost but I'm certainly not a pro tuner only a Mustang addict :confused:

The new GT350 is rumoured to have 550 HP with around 5 psi of boost .

If Roush does something with the new 5.0 like , lower the CR ratio and stuff 10psi of boost to it , just think of what can be done !!!

Archived