TEAM SHELBY FORUM

2007 Shelby GT500 Reunion

robertlane

Click here to view the updated information.

NEW: The addition on a driving school is open to the first 30 registrants.

NOTICE: The hotel is already 1/2 full. If you coming book now. Southern Hills Marriott, Tulsa. 918.493.7000. Mention you are part of Mid-America for a big discount. You should be charged $89.00 per night.

Looking over the materials fron the MidAmerica event, I thought it odd that a SAAC sponsored event would classify the new Shelbys as "06 to Current SVT Cobra" for the car show on Sunday. These are NOT SVT Cobras. If that is not the class they are intended to go into, then there is not one appropriate as the Shelby classes end at 1970.

Me thinks they need to revise the category list if this is supposed to be a Shelby Reunion.

Looking over the materials fron the MidAmerica event, I thought it odd that a SAAC sponsored event would classify the new Shelbys as "06 to Current SVT Cobra" for the car show on Sunday. These are NOT SVT Cobras. If that is not the class they are intended to go into, then there is not one appropriate as the Shelby classes end at 1970.

Me thinks they need to revise the category list if this is supposed to be a Shelby Reunion.

Good point. I will address this issue with them.

Good point. I will address this issue with them.

Hey thanks. The SAAC group in Tulsa really does put on a terriffic event every year. Just thought it would be nice to get the car show class right for my new Shelby's first trip there. I am signed up for the driving school, hallet on thurs and car show on sunday. Will go to the drags to watch but I am not a drag racer. Any idea who is speaking Sat night at the banquet?

Hey thanks. The SAAC group in Tulsa really does put on a terriffic event every year. Just thought it would be nice to get the car show class right for my new Shelby's first trip there. I am signed up for the driving school, hallet on thurs and car show on sunday. Will go to the drags to watch but I am not a drag racer. Any idea who is speaking Sat night at the banquet?

They had several speakers last year, one was Bob Adams (Ford) and John Alguire (Marketing Boss, GT500, Shelby GT). I don't know who will be there this year...yet.

How is the parking at the hotel? Are you going to leave your car parked outside overnight? I was wondering because this is one of the things stopping me from comming to the event.

How is the parking at the hotel? Are you going to leave your car parked outside overnight? I was wondering because this is one of the things stopping me from comming to the event.

There will be literally dozens of cars far more valuable than yours in the parking lot over night. They arrange full time security and the parking lot at the hotel is full of attendees round the clock. Your car will never be 'alone' or 'unattended' You can also meet up with folks you know and part together. Been going to this event for 15 years and you have nothing to worry about. If original AC Cobras, Panteras, GT40s and Concours Shelby's can park in the lot, so can you.

You are welcome to park with our group as well if you wish. We will have a motorhome in the lot with someone in it all night near the cars if that makes you feel any better. And I am not the only one.

There will be literally dozens of cars far more valuable than yours in the parking lot over night. They arrange full time security and the parking lot at the hotel is full of attendees round the clock. Your car will never be 'alone' or 'unattended' You can also meet up with folks you know and part together. Been going to this event for 15 years and you have nothing to worry about. If original AC Cobras, Panteras, GT40s and Concours Shelby's can park in the lot, so can you.

You are welcome to park with our group as well if you wish. We will have a motorhome in the lot with someone in it all night near the cars if that makes you feel any better. And I am not the only one.

Just knowing that the parking lot is mostly car people is good enough for me. Thanks for the offer, if I decide to go...I will give you a shout.

Sorry to ask such a silly question but the last time I showed up at a car show, I was parked beside a GT40 and we had to finally put barricades around the GT40 and the Shelby. I guess its kind of different up here...as only 200 2007 Shelby's came into Canada, so everyone wants find out what the hype is all about. Thanks again.

Just knowing that the parking lot is mostly car people is good enough for me. Thanks for the offer, if I decide to go...I will give you a shout.

Sorry to ask such a silly question but the last time I showed up at a car show, I was parked beside a GT40 and we had to finally put barricades around the GT40 and the Shelby. I guess its kind of different up here...as only 200 2007 Shelby's came into Canada, so everyone wants find out what the hype is all about. Thanks again.

There will be 405 -2007 Shelbys coming to Canada, each S.V.T dealer gets 15 cars

Usually Carroll attends & of coarse will be one of the speakers for sure.They are having a Shelby Employee reunion. SAAC-32 will run for 4 days Thursday to Sunday.All cars parked inthe show area will receive a

SAAC-32 commemorative medallion.

Usually Carroll attends & of coarse will be one of the speakers for sure.They are having a Shelby Employee reunion. SAAC-32 will run for 4 days Thursday to Sunday.All cars parked inthe show area will receive a

SAAC-32 commemorative medallion.

Funny, I've been attending for 15 years although I have missed about 3. Heard Coletti, Hau, Saleen (ugh) and many other Ford and Ford related speakers but have NEVER seen Carroll attend or speak. Have I just been missing him all these years? His team has been there the last few years, but not Carroll.

NOTICE: The hotel is already 1/2 full. If you coming book now. Southern Hills Marriott, Tulsa. 918.493.7000. Mention you are part of Mid-America for a big discount. You should be charged $89.00 per night.

Robert,

Is the hotel deal an agreement between Marriott & Mid-America? They are quoting me $99 for Wed & Thur but $169 for Fri & Sat !!! Said they've "met their quota for that price-point".

I'm thinking we might have to stay at the Hilton a mile down the street......$78 for all nights.

Thanks.

Robert,

Is the hotel deal an agreement between Marriott & Mid-America? They are quoting me $99 for Wed & Thur but $169 for Fri & Sat !!! Said they've "met their quota for that price-point".

I'm thinking we might have to stay at the Hilton a mile down the street......$78 for all nights.

Thanks.

I will have to check on this on either Saturday or Monday and reply. I was told that $89.00 was for the entire show schedule.

Robert,

Thanks.

I just called the hotel at 918-493-7000 worldwide reservations. I talked to Jackie and she said that there are still rooms for 89 dollars. She said there are two different kinds of rooms one with a view to the parking lot and one with no view. The one with no view is 89 dollars. I stayed at the Hilton last year it is very close.

I just called the hotel at 918-493-7000 worldwide reservations. I talked to Jackie and she said that there are still rooms for 89 dollars. She said there are two different kinds of rooms one with a view to the parking lot and one with no view. The one with no view is 89 dollars. I stayed at the Hilton last year it is very close.

Thanks for the clarification. I'll check with the wife to see which room was reserved. It may well be the "view" issue. We currently have reservations at both hotels pending resolution of the rates.

Thanks again for your time.

edit: Done, but had to go through Customer Service to get the advertised rate...

Funny, I've been attending for 15 years although I have missed about 3. Heard Coletti, Hau, Saleen (ugh) and many other Ford and Ford related speakers but have NEVER seen Carroll attend or speak. Have I just been missing him all these years? His team has been there the last few years, but not Carroll.

He missed last year as he was ill & maybe a couple others but normally he attends as many as he can. I spoke with him at Michgan in 2000 & he said he makes every effort to attend as he enjoys meeting all the Shelby owners & families.

The category will be revised - it will not be the Cobra, but the GT500.

Archived