TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Bleeding procedure

08svt

Anyone know if there is a special bleed procedure if you open the brake system, mainly replacing brake hoses on front? Any help is great, thanks

You may want to find a vaccume bleeder. There are some simple manual types made by Motive, but they take a long time for a complete change. I invested in a peumaticly operated vaccume system (Mityac) which is a faster and less work. Makes it alot easier and it can be done by just you. These can cost $150-$200, but like any tool, you get what you pay for.

While you at it, you might consider a complete fluid change and use Motul RFB600 or 660 fluid or one of the other high temp brake fluids.

Anyone know if there is a special bleed procedure if you open the brake system, mainly replacing brake hoses on front? Any help is great, thanks

When you disconnect the line at the bracket attached to the wheel well, just cap off the hard line. You need a couple of those little rubber caps the size of the hardline. This will give you time to attach the new line without loosing much fluid or introducing much air. Here is the shop manual procedure for bleeding. Just do the front if that is all you change. Passenger side first, then drivers side. http://iihs.net/fsm/...%20Bleeding.pdf

Bleeding procedure? Here's how it goes. First, you start with something simple, dash plaque, sequential tail lights, trunk lid kit....you know, just a little trickle. Then you move up to cai, tune, mufflers and it's a spurt. Next thing you know, it's a new blower, suspension kit, brakes and it's gushing..........oh wait, not THAT kind of bleeding.....never mind!

Bleeding procedure? Here's how it goes. First, you start with something simple, dash plaque, sequential tail lights, trunk lid kit....you know, just a little trickle. Then you move up to cai, tune, mufflers and it's a spurt. Next thing you know, it's a new blower, suspension kit, brakes and it's gushing..........oh wait, not THAT kind of bleeding.....never mind!

I think you've got a gusher wheelman, no saving you now... LOL

I just did mine the old fashioned way and it worked fine...an old oil can, a rubber hose, a guy in the car pumping the brakes....

I have recently, however, installed speed bleeders which work well. http://www.speedbleeder.com/

If your car is a couple yeras old i'd bleed all four and flush all the old fluid out. It gets contaminated over time and should be replaced. This is esp. important with ABS as it can cause valves to stick in the module. When in doubt flush it out. You can get

paper test strips at your local auto parts store to test its condition. My rule of thumb is when it turns dark in color it's time for replacement. As far as bleeding goes the proper sequence is RR,LR,RF,LF.

I just did mine the old fashioned way and it worked fine...an old oil can, a rubber hose, a guy in the car pumping the brakes....

I have recently, however, installed speed bleeders which work well. http://www.speedbleeder.com/

Thanks never seen these before and I need to bleed my system, have to give these a try.

Thanks never seen these before and I need to bleed my system, have to give these a try.

They're easy to install; just remove the old zerk fittings and install the speed bleeders. No need to pump, close, pump, close because these bleeders have a one-way valve. Just loosen, pump until no bubbles or until fresh fluid seen then close.

Also, on the fronts with the Brembo's and Baer's you need to bleed the inside one first, then the outside one, and then the inside one again. :shift:

+1 Baer also recommend you tap the caliper with a rubber hammer a few times to free up any trapped air. Then bleed it one more time.

Archived