TEAM SHELBY FORUM

no anniverasy package for me anymore.

shelbyGT500

Ok heres the deal. I was totally sold on the idea of getting the 40th anniversay package put on my 500. After much research into the "politics" of what is really going on here with the package being just badging and a doing some mild performance upgrades. Heres the way I feel.

The new gt500 was supposed to be this great limited production car (and it is) . Ford AND shelby still wont come clean on how many are going to be made, or how long for sure.I do not believe they dont know.I believe both are just keeping quiet to keep the ADMs as high as a kite and to keep them selling like hot cakes to people like me who wanted something different than everybody else.By the time they are done selling, there will probally be 30k cars out there and wont be so special anymore. Then shelby wants you to think that if you get a 40th package your car will be sooooooo special but the truth is,They are probally going to offer similar and more packages every year. making your car probally even more outdated.I see through the fog now.Its all about $$, I should have known better to pay $18k over sticker for the car.Im really thinking now what an idiot i was going to spend another $12k on the 40th package and another $3k for shipping and the car will still have wheel hop!!!! I regret buying the car now and wish i would have waited til at least 08s to be out.The ONLY ONLY ONLY reason i paid 18k over sticker was that i didnt think they would make a ton of them.Boy i am wrong.... That was my initial plan anyway but shelby and ford are keeping the #s so quiet, they want you to believe there will be none available so you better act now!! LOL I mean really, Nobody has told us the truth yet.Shelby and Ford are both playing the game!!!

I decided today that I will now build this car MY way and save a TON of cash.I could care less if its numbered or not.Im not filling shelby's pockets with $6000 worth of profit in order to have a numbered dash plaque.........Specially to a company who is keeping the same secrets as ford.I think they will lose alot of business to people like me who finally realize neither co. cares about you, only the $$.

If they did, they would be open and honest to the public on how lmited these cars are.Is the car alone worth the screwing i took? Yes and no. Yes for $61k it is a decent deal on a 500 HP car. It would have been a much better deal at MSRP if ford and shelby were truthful to us. No its not worth that kind of money for a car with BAD wheel hop and clutch chatter which is " NORMAL" .My lightning has over 500hp and it doesnt have wheel hop!!!;)I will buy a few trim peices that i like form shelby co but ill be damned if i spend my wheel and suspension money there.Im going to evolution for the suspension. Heres the worst part, Shelbys package probally wont even address the wheel hop parts,I believe all it is is a lowing kit and sway bars.Thos are NOT the parts that are a failure..........

Sorry so negatve I do love the car but the truth should have been know to potential buyers by now.Were 1/2 way through production on year one. Dont worry, there will be more years to come;)

In a less negative way I agree with you. I don't regret buying my car at 8-10K over but I am probably half of that on mods. I love the thing and am having a ball with it as a hobby....I needed something to get me out of just working all the time.

As for the Shelby package. Outside of the shipping ordeal it's not horrible. I like the looks but am concerned about the report on the quality that was on here a few days ago. I just want my car to be mine and not one of the SA "Kits" so to speak. I can't blame them or Ford for wanting to make money - hell if i made something that was selling like crazy I'd keep making it too. The problem is that I everyone takes "limited edition" to mean low numbers...a tarus is a limited edition, just with a much higher limit.

I already have some trim around my lights from SA and really like it a lot - I was pretty set on the razors but the issue I have is they don't support a wider tire...I'm not even sure they support the stock rear tires so I am still looking around there. I don't know enough about the suspention to say yes or no yet but Evolution is actually slightly changing their system as we speak and getting their own parts made because they decided the BMR stuff had a little too much flex in it....or I should say they thought they could make something with less flex.

I'll have to do something about the susp. and I suspect it will be something that will be tested for performance not just a lowering set up. I am wondering if this place won't have a cool set up before long: http://www.airride.com/wizard/results.asp

SA doesn't lose a sale with me because I never really wanted the package, but I agree it would be nice if they are really going to limit the production of something to be open about what the limit is...infact it may make it more in demand if they said 6K limited and they only had 3K orders because people would then want the special edition. As for the car itself I guess the same concept applies but unfortunately Ford needs the $ and I suspect that the limiting factor may be parts availablity more than anything.

I'm glad i didn't wait any longer for mine...I am shocked the ADM is still holding at around 10K but now it's gotten to be the norm and I don't think dealers will sell them for MSRP - they would rather sit them on the floor and let them collect traffic to the store. I suppose in time this will change - but i have no guess as to when that will be.

Even though I don't have my car yet and I am still looking for a deal that I can afford, I understand exactly what you are talking about. I love this car for what it is. A bad ass Mustang. Nothing more, nothing less. I'm not in the financial situation to be able to afford 60 grand for a car then 15 grand worth of "upgrades". Even if I was, it doesn't make sense to me to spend that kind of money on a Mustang. I'm not one of those that wants one to make money on it in the future. I don't think that is a smart way to realize financial gain. I think that those people wishing that production numbers stay low are just wanting to make money off of the car. I want to drive it, enjoy it and know that even if 30,000 of them are made, I still have one of the meanest cars out on the street. Not to mention that the majority of people that want or have this car love it for the fun of having it.

Ok heres the deal. I was totally sold on the idea of getting the 40th anniversay package put on my 500. After much research into the "politics" of what is really going on here with the package being just badging and a doing some mild performance upgrades. Heres the way I feel.

The new gt500 was supposed to be this great limited production car (and it is) . Ford AND shelby still wont come clean on how many are going to be made, or how long for sure.I do not believe they dont know.I believe both are just keeping quiet to keep the ADMs as high as a kite and to keep them selling like hot cakes to people like me who wanted something different than everybody else.By the time they are done selling, there will probally be 30k cars out there and wont be so special anymore. Then shelby wants you to think that if you get a 40th package your car will be sooooooo special but the truth is,They are probally going to offer similar and more packages every year. making your car probally even more outdated.I see through the fog now.Its all about $$, I should have known better to pay $18k over sticker for the car.Im really thinking now what an idiot i was going to spend another $12k on the 40th package and another $3k for shipping and the car will still have wheel hop!!!! I regret buying the car now and wish i would have waited til at least 08s to be out.The ONLY ONLY ONLY reason i paid 18k over sticker was that i didnt think they would make a ton of them.Boy i am wrong.... That was my initial plan anyway but shelby and ford are keeping the #s so quiet, they want you to believe there will be none available so you better act now!! LOL I mean really, Nobody has told us the truth yet.Shelby and Ford are both playing the game!!!

From the get go the assumption was 7000 cars a year for a minimum of two years. I knew that from the start so its not an issue for me.

I got my 07 shelby for the same price I was going to pay for an 06 Saleen SC. I talked to two people who have the new Parnelli Jones Saleen and both stated they paid way over the 60K sticker on it. I am very happy and don't feel I've been screwed or lied to in any way.

As far as the 40th, its common knowledge that other projects are in the works and not one car has been done yet so there is no surprise there either.

I am on the list and will probably do it, but if I do it or not I will not feel screwed since what the package consists of is pretty clear in the PDF file on the Shelby site.

I decided today that I will now build this car MY way and save a TON of cash.I could care less if its numbered or not.Im not filling shelby's pockets with $6000 worth of profit in order to have a numbered dash plaque.........Specially to a company who is keeping the same secrets as ford.I think they will lose alot of business to people like me who finally realize neither co. cares about you, only the $$.

If they did, they would be open and honest to the public on how lmited these cars are.Is the car alone worth the screwing i took? Yes and no. Yes for $61k it is a decent deal on a 500 HP car. It would have been a much better deal at MSRP if ford and shelby were truthful to us. No its not worth that kind of money for a car with BAD wheel hop and clutch chatter which is " NORMAL" .My lightning has over 500hp and it doesnt have wheel hop!!!;)I will buy a few trim peices that i like form shelby co but ill be damned if i spend my wheel and suspension money there.Im going to evolution for the suspension. Heres the worst part, Shelbys package probally wont even address the wheel hop parts,I believe all it is is a lowing kit and sway bars.Thos are NOT the parts that are a failure..........

Sorry so negatve I do love the car but the truth should have been know to potential buyers by now.Were 1/2 way through production on year one. Dont worry, there will be more years to come;)

I remember hearing Carroll Shelby telling 10,000 plus people who were crammed into and around the Ford tent that "We have agreed to build 50,000 Shelby GT500's. This will take place over a two to three year period." :hysterical2:

The next question Carroll was asked was "What happened to the 80,000 that was earlier reported?" :headscratch:

Carroll replied "50,000 Cars, thats it!" :yup:

This took place at Airventure 2005, in the Ford Area. I waited three hours in line to get his autograph only to have the line stopped in front of me do to this "Major Announcement from Ford and Carroll Shelby"

When I got home I started what was the first "List" for a GT500. :poke:

Unfortunately that Dealership was not an SVT Dealership. I ended up going somewhere else. :happy feet:

As far as the 40th Package, some items are really cool. :banvictory:

The new gt500 was supposed to be this great limited production car (and it is) . Ford AND shelby still wont come clean on how many are going to be made, or how long for sure.I do not believe they dont know.I believe both are just keeping quiet to keep the ADMs as high as a kite and to keep them selling like hot cakes to people like me who wanted something different than everybody else.By the time they are done selling, there will probally be 30k cars out there and wont be so special anymore. Then shelby wants you to think that if you get a 40th package your car will be sooooooo special but the truth is,They are probally going to offer similar and more packages every year. making your car probally even more outdated.I see through the fog now.Its all about $, I should have known better to pay $18k over sticker for the car.Im really thinking now what an idiot i was going to spend another $12k on the 40th package and another $3k for shipping and the car will still have wheel hop!!!! I regret buying the car now and wish i would have waited til at least 08s to be out.The ONLY ONLY ONLY reason i paid 18k over sticker was that i didnt think they would make a ton of them.Boy i am wrong.... That was my initial plan anyway but shelby and ford are keeping the #s so quiet, they want you to believe there will be none available so you better act now!! LOL I mean really, Nobody has told us the truth yet.Shelby and Ford are both playing the game!!!

I decided today that I will now build this car MY way and save a TON of cash.I could care less if its numbered or not.Im not filling shelby's pockets with $6000 worth of profit in order to have a numbered dash plaque.........Specially to a company who is keeping the same secrets as ford.I think they will lose alot of business to people like me who finally realize neither co. cares about you, only the $.

I agree completly. I hope somebody that can make a difference reads this post. I wonder how many car sales these dealership ADM's have cost Ford? I know the High ADM I paid, helped me to decide to buy from brand X on my last two cars. It's very important to remember it's only a car, lots of way more important things to worry about.

ShelbyGT500,

First of all welcome to the site. What a 1st post you have made. sorry to hear you are so upset. No comment from me on the ADM's, it is what it is.

The Gt500 run is 2 years with a chance of a third. 5000 +/- made so far. Most likely hit 8000 for 2007. That is no secret.

Another 8-10K 2008's will be built.

2009 is unknown.

Your 2007 is a limited car - The numbers are low and prove that.

The 40th Pkg is no biggie, I opted out too.

Enjoy your car.

Hope you feel better. :shift:

I don't think any of this comes as a surprise.

From the beginning, Ford has said it will produce as many as drivers want.

From the beginning, it has been obvious that Ford and Shelby will produce additional "special edition" models.

From the beginning, I think most have understood that the newer special edition models will likely trump the older ones (...that's how it always goes...new products tend to be better than old products...). I have always expected that the 2008 GT500 will be improved over the 2007. And I have always expected that there will be better models after that.

Nevertheless, a lot of folks think the car will be worth more in the future and that ADM will not decrease. And they may be right...only time will tell. I thought ADMs would be less than they are by this stage in the game. Even now, I think ADM will decrease over time and that the car will depreciate for a variety of reasons that have been discussed on this board over and over again.

Back to topic: To imply that Ford and Shelby have been dishonest about this process is a stretch of the imagination. Though specific numbers might not have been released, it has been clear and obvious from the start that there will be many many many GT500s on the street and there will be many more "special" models in the future...labeled as Shelby, Boss, Bullitt, etc.

And yes...it IS all about the money. Thank god. That's what brings these great products to market...outfits like Ford and Shelby recognize they can make a lot of money doing it.

For me it just does not matter what the value of the car does in the future - that will be my Kids problem after I am long gone.

I love this car, I knew when the new style mustangs came out that I needed to wait for Shelby to get in the game, my friends bought up their GT's and are happy with them and I sat and oogled over the cool new throw back look but I waited, I watched Rousch and Saleen come up with their versions but waited again. This is the car I wanted and waited for and I have no intention of ever selling it so who really cares how many they build or how much the value depreciates or appreciates on the market - MINE IS NOT FOR SALE.

As for the special anniversery addition - I think it may actually prove to be worth something to some collector 40 years from now becuase I doubt more than 1,000 or so of those jobs will be done, but a collector is going to be looking for a low mileage stock vehicle with only those Shelby Mods and well that's not where I want to go either. I want to drive the rear tires off the car, take her down to the track and braket race a little, maybe even out to a NASA HPDE or two, add some Mods of my own and take her to a few car shows and put 100,000 miles on her before I am done.

Thanks, guys.I know im not perfect and we all might not agree on everything but its nice not to have my head taken off for what i said.I agree it was a little EVIL :) Just my opinions though. I never heard that they were making so many so i guess thats my fault.

I cannot drive it.Its nothing but salts all over the roads up here in NH. Im glad for one thing. It smartened me up on "only wanting to put very very litttle miles on it" so I wouldnt decrease its value. I will drive the hell out of it now and probally enjoy it 10 times more than looking at it in my garage like i was going to do.

Im glad for one thing. It smartened me up on "only wanting to put very very litttle miles on it" so I wouldnt decrease its value. I will drive the hell out of it now and probally enjoy it 10 times more than looking at it in my garage like i was going to do.

Yes! This car was meant to be driven...and driven hard. Shelbys get depressed when locked in the garage. :baby:

Thanks, guys.I know im not perfect and we all might not agree on everything but its nice not to have my head taken off for what i said.I agree it was a little EVIL :) Just my opinions though. I never heard that they were making so many so i guess thats my fault.

I cannot drive it.Its nothing but salts all over the roads up here in NH. Im glad for one thing. It smartened me up on "only wanting to put very very litttle miles on it" so I wouldnt decrease its value. I will drive the hell out of it now and probally enjoy it 10 times more than looking at it in my garage like i was going to do.

Now that's the spirit. We all have our bad moments. Glad to see you have cheered up a bit. Now enjoy that car of yours and share your experiences here with us and learn some stuff while your here. We are glad to have you as a member. Can you start a thread and show us a photo or 2 of your ride?

Ladies and gents, the geekster's 2 cents:

• some of the items on the 40th anniversary package should have been part of the OEM offering for the Shelby GT500. For example, it absolutely blows my mind, that the Shelby Mustang GTs are being modified on site at SA AND getting the dash plaques. What the hell is this about?! I would think it would be the other way around; GT500 owners get it, while Shely GT folks have to pay for theirs. Hell, as much as these cars are going for we should ALL be getting them! And yes, I've seen the thread where rumor has it that existing GT500 owners will be getting some tokens as part of the Shelby program. However, I really doubt a dash plaque is one given the fact that they're selling them on the SA web. Surely they would know if these were going to be "thrown in" as part of buying a GT500.
  • I love my GT500...but damn you to hell wheel hop! I recently participated in an performance driving event and had to pull out early because I was afraid I was going to break something. Just my opinion, but I can't imagine that the pre-production models were sporting the same crap that has come with the production versions. It's very clear in some of the StreetFire/Youtube videos where the press is flogging the cars that the crazy shuttering from the wheel hop is not apparent. I think these suspensions are part of the "track pack" that is supposed to come out this year. Again, something that should have been part of the production model. If the "general public" couldn't handle a sport ride, then the GT500 just wouldn't have been for them. Interesting that the dampning rates on the 08 will be different...Hmmm, what a coincidence that the one major sucking point is being "refreshed".

Ladies and gents, the geekster's 2 cents:
  • some of the items on the 40th anniversary package should have been part of the OEM offering for the Shelby GT500. For example, it absolutely blows my mind, that the Shelby Mustang GTs are being modified on site at SA AND getting the dash plaques. What the hell is this about?! I would think it would be the other way around; GT500 owners get it, while Shely GT folks have to pay for theirs. Hell, as much as these cars are going for we should ALL be getting them! And yes, I've seen the thread where rumor has it that existing GT500 owners will be getting some tokens as part of the Shelby program. However, I really doubt a dash plaque is one given the fact that they're selling them on the SA web. Surely they would know if these were going to be "thrown in" as part of buying a GT500.

• I love my GT500...but damn you to hell wheel hop! I recently participated in an performance driving event and had to pull out early because I was afraid I was going to break something. Just my opinion, but I can't imagine that the pre-production models were sporting the same crap that has come with the production versions. It's very clear in some of the StreetFire/Youtube videos where the press is flogging the cars that the crazy shuttering from the wheel hop is not apparent. I think these suspensions are part of the "track pack" that is supposed to come out this year. Again, something that should have been part of the production model. If the "general public" couldn't handle a sport ride, then the GT500 just wouldn't have been for them. Interesting that the dampning rates on the 08 will be different...Hmmm, what a coincidence that the one major sucking point is being "refreshed".

Well said Geeker, I couldn't agree with you more.

The Shelby GT 500 is a great car. I'll be in the old folks home before it becomes a high dollar collector item. The only value to Ford is the press the car generates, the amount of money they make on these cars is peanuts. I for one am glad we are lucky enough to get our hands on one and just like every Mustang before it, a little tweaking is in order for us enthusiasts.

So snivel if you like, I am getting out there and performing and profiling :banana piano:

The Shelby GT 500 is a great car. I'll be in the old folks home before it becomes a high dollar collector item. The only value to Ford is the press the car generates, the amount of money they make on these cars is peanuts. I for one am glad we are lucky enough to get our hands on one and just like every Mustang before it, a little tweaking is in order for us enthusiasts.

So snivel if you like, I am getting out there and performing and profiling :banana piano:

+1 Mr. Peanut. I mean Carnut. :hysterical:

I am also not interest in the 40th kit. Looks to be alot of trim options and only some performance upgrades. The car is a SVT-Ford-Shelby creation. I do not like the idea of replaces the SVT door sills with Shelby door sills. Seem like the 40th kit is an attempt to remove some, if not all the other branding from the car. The 12k price seems a way high as well.

Archived