TEAM SHELBY FORUM

We lost a good member today - Hisssss Killed by a IED

Grabber

• Replies 270
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Got mine in the mail today...it looks awesome! Thank you for the opportunity to help!!!

Got mine in the mail today too....and yes thank you for the opportunity to help.

I was a little surprised to see the sticky side be the back?

I was expecting it to have a sticky front like all other car club stickers for attachment to the inside of the window not the outside.

Got ours in the mail yesterday afternoon.

Couldn't figure out what the envelope was and then when I opened it...It was sadness once again.

Our best to the family,

John and Debbie.

I got mine too. I think the outside of the window is the way to go. One, a lot of people have tint so you might not be able to see it on the inside. Not to mention it could possibly mess up the tint when/if you go to take it off.

Also an update on the T-Shirts. I got them on Monday and some of the printing on a lot of the shirts was subpar. Not too sure what happened, but they are going to reprint them for us. I should have the new shirts by Tuesday June 8th, and will get them out in the mail to everyone as soon as possible. I appreciate everyone's patience.

Here's what they looked like.

dsc06581l.jpg

I will have the shirts at Grabber's event for those that ordered them, so no worries.

Rob, as I mentioned to you privately, there are some "behind the scenes" TS members who are aware of Mark's death, and want to make direct donations to his wife/family, but don't want to buy a decal or bid on the auction items. They have asked me to find out the best way they can make a direct donation to Barbie and then have that information posted in this forum.

Could you please post the best/approprate way to send Barbie donations directly? For privacy, she may not want her home address posted in a public forum, is there a bank donation account in Mark's name that money could be sent to instead?

Please let me/us know as soon as possible.

Thank you my friend.

Rob, as I mentioned to you privately, there are some "behind the scenes" TS members who are aware of Mark's death, and want to make direct donations to his wife/family, but don't want to buy a decal or bid on the auction items. They have asked me to find out the best way they can make a direct donation to Barbie and then have that information posted in this forum.

Could you please post the best/approprate way to send Barbie donations directly? For privacy, she may not want her home address posted in a public forum, is there a bank donation account in Mark's name that money could be sent to instead?

Please let me/us know as soon as possible.

Thank you my friend.

It's OK to send blessings direct to Barbie. Her addy was posted in post #28.

Here is again:

Barbie Coleman

15029 Lindsay LP SE

Yelm WA 98597

Special thanks to your friend and other silent members. :salute:

Mark is in this video at the 1 minute point.

Nice tribute! One of our local boys, Austin Benson from Hellertown PA, was on there also. May they rest well knowing that they died to keep us safe and free. God Bless you one and all.

Grabber ~

Was contacted by StormRacer a week or so ago with an idea for contributing to the memorial for MSgt Mark Coleman. He asked if I could make some contacts about an opportune flyover of a military aircraft.... As a Special Operator myself, I have worked with the 1st Special Forces Group (SFG) before, so it wasn't very hard to get a name and number.

Spent the last week coordinating with the 1st SFG air ops folks to see what was possible. Can't say I have good news, as most aviation units aren't conducting ops over the holiday weekend, but it's not a definite No either. Did put a request in with McChord AFB to see if an inbound C-17 might consider a short detour. Nothing guaranteed. So, if you happen to get a random aircraft overhead, it's meant as a tribute to MSgt Coleman and his family.

Also, I took the liberty of letting the 1st SFG guys know about the Meet-n-Greet, and told them I was sure they'd be welcome to stop by. You might have some unannounced visitors as well. Hope you don't mind.

Have a great event and thanks for your efforts to honor MSgt Coleman.

Keith

Just got back from a trip with not internet, when is the memorial? There is a good chance that I could bring a Hawk to things like this, but I would need a little more lead time for coordination.

It's actually an informal event at Grabber's Meet n Greet today.

• 3 years later...

It has been 4 years now since we lost our good friend Mark. I have been staying in contact with Marks wife Barbie. She still has Marks Shelby in the garage and says that she could never sell it. She told me last month that the car is a very strong connection to Mark that she enjoys having it. She also enjoys driving it a lot too. Say a prayer for Barbie today.

I remember this well, Grabber.

I never felt so saddened by the the loss of someone I never actually met, only knowing him through his posts on Team Shelby. As I recall, he was supposed to be back home right around the Fourth of July. He usually comes to mind while we set watching the fireworks, and I am thinking about the cost of the Freedom that we are celebrating......and those who gave their all to protect it.

Z-man

fallen-soldier1.jpg

I have just learned that Mark (Hisssss) was killed today by a IED in Afghanistan. Mark is married to Barbie and has a 14 year old daughter Jessica and a 19 year old son Mark that is in the service too. Mark has been in the Army and stationed out of Fort Lewis for many years and was due to come home in July after serving a year tour in Afghanistan. I think Mark only needed 4 more years in the Army to get to his retirement. Mark has come to the last 2 Pacific NW Meet and Greets at my house and if you know Mark, you know how much he loved his Shelby and a need for speed. Mark signed his wife and daughter up this year to attend the Meet and Greet even know he could not attend. Mark wanted his family to have fun in his car and he wanted us to all be able to see all the mods that he had done to it. I have just learned that Barbie and Jessica will be coming to the meet and greet because that is what Mark would of wanted. We are going to be doing a special tribute at the Meet and Greet in Honor of Mark (Hisssss).

Please keep Marks family in your thoughts and prayers. The coming days and weeks and months are going to be very hard on them.

Edit: Here is the fundraiser thread

http://www.teamshelby.com/forums/index.php?/topic/56508-lets-raise-some-cah-for-hissssss-widow/page__view__getnewpost__fromsearch__1

soldier.jpg

Marks GT500 at the 2009 Meet & Greet.

th_PacificNWMeetandGreet2009098.jpg

Yea I hate when I see these when good men are killed!

I have buddies that spent 5 and 6 tours from Iraq to Afgan. that made it and now retired and my long time childhood friend a 25 yr Navy SEAL still on active duty and still worry about him.

He served his country like an honest man and I'm sure was a great father so lets remember that and never forget

Archived