TEAM SHELBY FORUM

We lost a good member today - Hisssss Killed by a IED

Grabber

Regarding the decal, I vote for style "A" too, but would like to see the basic circumstances of his death added to it.

What I mean by that is this...

"KIA Kandahar, IED, 5/2/10" (not sure of the exact date).

In small type, nothing obtrusive to the rest of the text. I just believe that the citizens of our country need to be made more aware of the circumstances when a soldier is killed in combat. I see many, many, tribute decals on the back of people's cars and often wonder what happened to the person being honored. Illness? Auto accident? What happened to them?

Just my 2 cents.

I can try to add that, but we're running out of room. The decal is only 5 x 3.5", and John is already working with the latest image I added.

Edit: Just playing with the image, there really isn't room for anything else.....

• Replies 270
  • Created
  • Last Reply

thank you guys for your support you all do more than you think im going to try and make it down for the 29th for the show but we all know when the army tells you to be somewhere you better be there. dad was happy to call all of you friends and the ideas for the decal are great i am actually getting a tattoo of the sf emblem with the wings. i thought that was a great idea and a very true statement. as you all may already know the funeral is on the 15th i dont have a time yet but i will forward that to you as soon as i can

thank you

Brett

Rob, can you get a picture of Mark for us? Something that we can post here in his memory?

Here's one of Mark

coleman_mark_w_lg.jpg

Army Master Sgt. Mark W. Coleman

Died May 02, 2010 serving during Operation Enduring Freedom

40, of Centerville, Wash.; assigned to the 2nd Battalion, 1st Special Forces Group, Joint Base Lewis-McChord, Wash.; died May 2 at Khakrez, Afghanistan, of wounds sustained when enemy forces attacked his unit with an improvised explosive device.

http://militarytimes.com/valor/army-master-sgt-mark-w-coleman/4615585/

coleman_mark_w_lg.jpg

salute.gifsalute.gifsalute.gifsalute.gif

God Bless you Mark.

coleman_mark_w_lg.jpg

God Bless you Mark.

and thank you God for blessing us with the warrior and protector Mark has been for all of us!

:salute::salute::salute:

Brett,

Your Dad recently contacted me about having a cartoon done for his car similiar to my signature pic. I would like to see that through with your help

and have it made and sent to you. I will use the picture of your Dad's car from his signature.....if you have any other pictures of the car that would be better, just pm me to let me know

And thank you for your updates in what must be a very difficult for your family.

Michael

Hey everyone I thought I would provide an update.

Brian and I have been working to get everything set up. We discussed this and decided that this effort was a worthwhile cause that others could benefit from as well. Therefore I have established the site www.fallenheros.us as a site that can be used to collect donations for families of fallen soldiers. This site will not only be used to collect donations for Mark's family but is also dedicated to Mark Coleman as a lasting testiment to Mark and as a thank you for a job well done.

On the site homepage look at the bottom and you will find Mark's name is the first name on a list of fallen heros. Click on his name to go to a page specifically for Mark, where you donate in a variety of ways. If all goes well all donations collected to date will be presented at Grabbers event. All proceeds will go to the family with the exception of the cost of the shirts, decals and mailing expenses.

There are several options regarding donations. You have the option of a flexible donation which you can donate any amount you want, or a $20 donation. Decals will be provided to everyone that donates $20 or more. If you want more than one decal then donate twice. We also have 30 shirts that are available for $30 but due to the limited number those will probably go fast. Order them while you can.

I would appreciate your feedback and please let me know if you have any issues. You can send me a PM.

Also please wait until tomorrow to post this on other forums to give us a chance to gather feedback from TS members and correct any payment issues that may arise. After tomorrow I would encourage everyone to post up elsewhere.

Once again you can visit the website at www.fallenheros.us

Thanks

MrFarmdog Out!

Hi,

I went to the website and donated 2x for the decals and purchased a shirt in large size. But I wanted to purchase a shirt for my wife, and she needs a small. I did not see small available. Will they be?

Thanks

Hi,

I went to the website and donated 2x for the decals and purchased a shirt in large size. But I wanted to purchase a shirt for my wife, and she needs a small. I did not see small available. Will they be?

Thanks

Brian is the one in charge of shirts. If there is still time to change the order then we can do that. We honestly did not expect to get any orders for smalls. I am sure he will see this thread soon and can answer.

Hey everyone I thought I would provide an update.

Brian and I have been working to get everything set up. We discussed this and decided that this effort was a worthwhile cause that others could benefit from as well. Therefore I have established the site www.fallenheros.us as a site that can be used to collect donations for families of fallen soldiers. This site will not only be used to collect donations for Mark's family but is also dedicated to Mark Coleman as a lasting testiment to Mark and as a thank you for a job well done.

On the site homepage look at the bottom and you will find Mark's name is the first name on a list of fallen heros. Click on his name to go to a page specifically for Mark, where you donate in a variety of ways. If all goes well all donations collected to date will be presented at Grabbers event. All proceeds will go to the family with the exception of the cost of the shirts, decals and mailing expenses.

There are several options regarding donations. You have the option of a flexible donation which you can donate any amount you want, or a $20 donation. Decals will be provided to everyone that donates $20 or more. If you want more than one decal then donate twice. We also have 30 shirts that are available for $30 but due to the limited number those will probably go fast. Order them while you can.

I would appreciate your feedback and please let me know if you have any issues. You can send me a PM.

Also please wait until tomorrow to post this on other forums to give us a chance to gather feedback from TS members and correct any payment issues that may arise. After tomorrow I would encourage everyone to post up elsewhere.

Once again you can visit the website at www.fallenheros.us

Thanks

MrFarmdog Out!

Excellent idea and great job!! Way to go. I ordered my t-shirt and it worked great. I will also be making a donation. Thanks for doing this FarmDog and Brian!

Brian is the one in charge of shirts. If there is still time to change the order then we can do that. We honestly did not expect to get any orders for smalls. I am sure he will see this thread soon and can answer.

Thanks! Just trying to help as much as I can! Just nice to have one for my wife also. Since I have been "dragging" her to all the car shows, she has stated to me that "we are a team". I made the mistake of not purchasing her a t-shirt at one of the shows when she informed of that being a team. Gotta Love her, a sweetheart. :dance:

Our Governor orders flags to be flown at half-staff here in Washington on Tuesday to honor Mark Colman.

http://www.governor.wa.gov/news/news-view.asp?pressRelease=1489&newsType=1

Thanks for posting this. I also posted it at the bottom of Mark's page on the website.

Hi,

Thanks

Hey Rich, thanks for placing your order, and yeah we can still get her a small. I'm placing my order first thing Monday morning. Go ahead and order it and make sure you specify in the comments area that this is for a small.

Hey Rich, thanks for placing your order, and yeah we can still get her a small. I'm placing my order first thing Monday morning. Go ahead and order it and make sure you specify in the comments area that this is for a small.

Done Brian! Thanks for that!

This is a copy of the PM that went out to all 52 people that have RSVP'd to the PNWM&G party.

I'm looking forward to seeing you all this year and having some fun. If for some reason you can't make it, please let me know ASAP so we can make adjustments to the food being purchased for lunch. Food for over 100 people is being purchased.

Some of you need my address for your GPS.

Rob & Tana

*****, WA

My cell phone number is (***) ***-****

Home number is (***) ***-****

I need to remind everyone to bring a foldable chair so they have something to sit on. I only have a handful of chairs. When you arrive, make sure you have gas in your car for a cruise later. It's hard for a group like this to stop and get gas. When you arrive at my house, my son and I will help you park in the field group circles. At that time we will collect $8 for each person to cover each meal. A lunch ticket will be given to each person at that time. This will help keep the food line more efficient so they do not have to play cashier. I will also collect $1 for each car to pay for the porta potty. Try to have exact change when you arrive. Bring your sun screen too.

Some of you may not be aware that Hisssss (Mark) got killed while on active duty last Sunday. Please read the attached thread for details.

http://www.teamshelb...__fromsearch__1

Marks wife and family are driving his car to the event to be with us. We will be doing a special tribute on Marks behalf. Stickers and shirts in memory of Mark are being made to raise some money for Marks wife. I encourage you to buy one of each to help us with this good cause. Here is a link to view the T-shirt and stickers and place your order. Mark was a hero and a family man that deserves our support.

http://www.fallenher...MarkColeman.asp

See you all on May 29th.

Rob / Grabber

Brian,

Just saw Rich & your posts after I ordered.

My wife would also like a small.

I will order the second shirt and note that it is for a small.

Thanks!

Larry

Excellent idea and great job!! Way to go. I ordered my t-shirt and it worked great. I will also be making a donation. Thanks for doing this FarmDog and Brian!

Farmdog and Brian,

I ordered two decals and two shirts from the site. I ordered a large and a 2x large. any chance of getting a 3x instead of 2x?

Missy

Just got the word tonight about Mark. I am so saddend by this news. Mark and Barbie were very friendly and nice. We had several opportunities to chat. I just cannot imagine Hissssss is gone. I will definately be attending the service, so Brett, please keep the info coming.

We truly did lose a good member and hero and Mark will be missed. He and Barbie were very kind to me, the only girl with a 500.

If there is anything I can do to help in any way please let me know.

My dad and I will miss him dearly.

Dennice the Menace and Mustang Missy

Thank you to those who were the first to donate and test out the donation and purchasing process. Things appear to be going well! I have also added the options for MEDIUM and SMALL for the shirts so going forward you will be able to select those. The shirts have to be ordered soon though so we encourage everyone to please make your shirt purchase as soon as possible. Brian will need to post us a deadline for orders on the shirts.

Thus far we have had 11 shirts purchased and an additional 9 donations! Please help us spread the word.

Archived