TEAM SHELBY FORUM

We lost a good member today - Hisssss Killed by a IED

Grabber

• Replies 270
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I was so saddened when I read this last night. There are no words that can adequately express my sorrow and gratitude for his sacrifice. I pray that we never forget and that we always strive to be worthy. May light eternal shine upon Mark and all of our fallen.

I wish I had the honour to have met him and shook his hand to tell him thank you.

So thank you, Mark, thank you for your time, your duty, and your life, it was not in vain.

You will be missed but you will not be forgotten.

I know Mark hung out a bit over on the GT500 forum of svtperformance.com. I just let them know over there as well.

http://www.svtperformance.com/forums/shelby-gt500-150/693809-we-lost-good-member-today-hissssss-killed-ied.html

Here is another link that I added to slabo's, for the member that dont go in the gt500 area. Just in case Marks wife ever see this thread My link

Rest in Peace Mark...you have served your country well.

My condolences to Barbie and her (and Mark's) daughter.

This was shocking when I read it. This forum truely has that family feeling even though I don't post much.

That's a great idea. Mark has many local Shelby friends that he would meet up with and cruise with. Many of them have not seen this thread as of yet. lets see if someone local to Marks home town chimes in.

If anyone wants to send a card or blessings to Marks wife Barbie.....here's the address:

Barbie Coleman

15029 Lindsay Rd SE

Yelm WA 98597

PS

It sounds like the service will be this week end in Goldendale , then a memorual service at Fort Lewis. I will post the details when I get them on the time and address.

correction lindsay lp se ( lp= loop)

he has a son who in the service too 19 yr I believe

It is because of men and women like Mark who stand between us and evil, that we are able to sleep in peace at night. Although I never had the privilege to meet Mark, I felt that I knew him through this Forum. My prayers and best wishes to his family. He will be missed. Mark God bless you and God speed.

Mike

I am FULLY on board with setting up a collection for them. I dont think I ever met Mark face to face, but we have crossed posts here many times, and our group lost an important assett, an enthusiast, a guardian of everything we hold dear, and an oustanding American! My thoughts and prayers go out to Barbie and the kids, and I hope we can honor his memory within our daily lives in our own ways.

Maybe we can have somebody make up a small decal we can all put on our windshields for the rest of this year, and dedicate all TS events to rememberance of him for this year as well. :salute:

Goodbye my friend. God Speed, and God Bless.

I am FULLY on board with setting up a collection for them. I dont think I ever met Mark face to face, but we have crossed posts here many times, and our group lost an important assett, an enthusiast, a guardian of everything we hold dear, and an oustanding American! My thoughts and prayers go out to Barbie and the kids, and I hope we can honor his memory within our daily lives in our own ways.

Maybe we can have somebody make up a small decal we can all put on our windshields for the rest of this year, and dedicate all TS events to rememberance of him for this year as well. :salute:

count me in...

wow too sad my heart and condolences to the family.

I would be more than happy to pay for a windshield decal with proceeds going to the family.

My condolances go out to his friends and family!!!!! I prey that for those that are not in the military things like this will open their eyes that freedom is the most exspensive thing our country can ever pay for. From one military member to another THANK YOU for your sacrifice!!!!!

I met Mark 2 years ago at my first Grabberville Experience, one of the Good Guys! ....I remember the posts about getting his long tube's on....

A dedicated Shelby Fanatic.

His dedication to his Family and Country , (not to mention this Forum) will never be forgotten.

Mark - thanks for you service our country - men like you make possible to pray to the God of our choice and sleep w/out fear. :salute:

May God be with you and your family you will be in our prayers

Chuck & Bev

R I P Mark, you have completed your tour honorably. My thoughts and prayers go out to Barbie and your daughter.

As a brother of a wounded warrior, I can only hope for a safe and speedy return home for the rest of our soldiers over there.

Dan

Words seem lacking...

Mark paid the ultimate price for our freedom which we must never forget

Our deepest sympathy to Mark's wife, children and family

Rob, perhaps the NW Meet & Greet event should be named in memory of Mark

I'm new to this team shelby family ,but it stills hurts to hear that one of our solidiers has fallen. Even though I didn't know him, he's still a hero and a great american to me. Prayers go out to all his friends and family.

hello guys my name is brett im his son and yes he was killed by an IED 2 days ago. i figured id get on here to create and account and see what has been said about my father and write you all a mass message considering he spent a lot of his time on here talking to his car brothers. thank you for all the support its a hard thing to deal with but as a family me my sister and my mother are staying together with the rest of the family behind us for support. i know he was very passionate about his car and the meets he attended. i was pulled from ft richardson alaska to attend the service and will keep in touch as to what details are told from here on out. he IS a great man because he IS still with us.

thank you all

Brett

ill be checking every few hours this week to keep you all informed on whats going on.

A Soldier's Prayer...

The soldier stood and faced his God Which must always come to pass...

He hoped his shoes were shining Just as brightly as his brass.

"Step forward now, you soldier, How shall I deal with you?

Have you always turned the other cheek? To My Church have you been true?"

The soldier squared his shoulders and Said,"No, Lord, I guess I ain't...

Because those of us who carry guns Can't always be a saint.

I've had to work most Sundays And at times my talk was tough,

And sometimes I've been violent, Because the streets are awfully tough.

But, I never took a penny That wasn't mine to keep...

Though I worked a lot of overtime When the bills got just too steep,

And I never passed a cry for help, Though at times I shook with fear,

And sometimes, God forgive me, I've wept unmanly tears.

I know I don't deserve a place Among the people here...

They never wanted me around Except to calm their fears.

If you've a place for me here, Lord, It needn't be so grand,

I never expected or had too much, But if you don't, I'll understand."

There was a silence all around the throne Where the saints had often trod...

As the soldier waited quietly, For the judgment of his God,

"Step forward now you soldier,

Walk peacefully on Heaven's streets,

You've done your time in Hell."

Dedicated To All That Serve... God Bless America!

RIP brother in arms.........................

Archived