TEAM SHELBY FORUM

2007 GTH TIRE REPLACEMENT QUESTION

Hello, I am going to replace the tires on my 2007 GTH convertible. I am going with the factory size. Any info on what tire you guys like for a replacement? I am not brand loyal, I just want a good street tire- this car is a "driver" so I do not have to have the original manuf. tires. Are there any tires just as good for less $ ? Also, 3 of my wheels have severe curb rash and I am purchasing new factory wheels. Are the wheels date-coded?

Hello, I am going to replace the tires on my 2007 GTH convertible. I am going with the factory size. Any info on what tire you guys like for a replacement? I am not brand loyal, I just want a good street tire- this car is a "driver" so I do not have to have the original manuf. tires. Are there any tires just as good for less $ ? Also, 3 of my wheels have severe curb rash and I am purchasing new factory wheels. Are the wheels date-coded?

GTH363--I cant help you on tire suggestions but I would have your rims repaired at a specialty rim shop. Wheel rash can be fixed rather easily and its better to keep everything original. Let me know what you find out about tires, I am only at 16K so I have a while but would like to buy a set of original tires if possible. Thanks #418

I went through the same time tire were inside out and a couple of the rims had road rash on them. For the tire I went to Tirerack and pick the BF Goodrich G-Force T/A KDW2. I found the rims on E-Bay Items Number is M-1007-S1885B 18" Black Bullitt

I went through the same time tire were inside out and a couple of the rims had road rash on them. For the tire I went to Tirerack and pick the BF Goodrich G-Force T/A KDW2. I found the rims on E-Bay Items Number is M-1007-S1885B 18" Black Bullitt

Just went to www.Fordracing.com Performance Parts Wheels 18" M-1007-S1885B 170.00 each

• 1 month later...

I keep seeing the Good Year Eagles off of the GT500's for sale at a decent price....has anyone looked at them?

The oem tires BFGoodrich are a good buy as they fit many different makes of cars.I found a set of 4 wheels and tires that were take offs from 2007 shelby GT on E-Bay and bought them.

07H350

In regard to the curb rash, I had 2 of my wheels repaired and I have to tell you that it was well worth the $150(ea) and they look perfect. I dont know if it matters unless you sell the car some day and keeping 100% original including the wheels may be a good selling point. Maybe SAI can inform you if the wheels were coded somehow.

• 1 month later...

Archived