TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Andrew is heading South!

SGT/SC2873

Just spoke to Andrew and he is s/b on 75 just past Cincinnati. Should get home around 8pm tonight. I won't steal any of his thunder but he sounded good to be back in the seat of a SGT!

I will tell you one thing and then I'll let Andrew fill you in w/ all the other details and pics, of course. He never said it openly, but I could tell he wanted to say, damn these white cars are fast! :hysterical:

Hopefully, he won't be too tired tonight when he gets home and can post up some info for all. :happy feet: oh, and be sure to ask him about how he "AUTHENTICATED" this car as a real Shelby...it's a hoot~ :hysterical: Craig

With a white Shelby, he should be home in no time :) Happy, safe motoring!

Sherri, you hit the nail on the head. I just got off the phone w/ him and he just crossed into NC....only 80 miles to go. I told him white was faster! :hysterical: Said he has had great weather all the way so far. Did tell him it might get a little nasty about 50 miles out. He's got his coffee and a full tank so he is good to go. Craig

Craig

Thanks for posting. All went really well, I left the house at 4:30 am headed to the Asheville airport and landed in Columbus at 9:00 am. The car was what I thought it was and it took an hour for the wire transfer to go through so we had lunch and I hit the road at noon. I was able to average 75 mph (would have gone faster if I had a legit tag not the one off the old Shelby) and made it Asheville at 6:30 pm 475 miles later. one stop for coffee, gas and the restroom.

web.jpg

web.jpg

web.jpg

web.jpg

web.jpg

Henry and the new Shelby, aka the innocent one

web.jpg

Well when I pulled up my wife said "Oh here is "Shelby's" innocent twin ! " She said this one is quieter and likes it better already, hmmmmm

As Craig said I was able to authenticate with 2 visual inspections:

Bubbly rust under the hood pin plates and Vinyl stripe damage on the hood scoop. The guy thought it was hilarious when I told him that is how I knew doe for sure it was real and that no one would "clone" though 2 problems.

I am extremely happy to have stayed in the Shelby family

Take Care

Andrew

I wouldn't even let that kid near this one.................or let him touch it :hysterical: , just kidding, congrats on the new baby!

Now mod your brains out!!!!

I wouldn't even let that kid near this one.................or let him touch it :hysterical: , just kidding, congrats on the new baby!

Now mod your brains out!!!!

I actually let him drive ME around the block last night, he was a little nervous but did just fine !

The mods will start soon, but the first priority is to get the old one stripped, sorted and parts listed.

Thanks

Andrew

Too good to pass on 1,900 miles one owner $26,000 out the door

Andrew

That is a good price, even for a slower white one. I had a similar experience after

my SGT was off-loaded from the car carrier and I got my first look at it in person.

Saw the hood scoop and wrinkle in the stripe and thought, "Yep, it's legit."

-Tom

Craig

Thanks for posting. All went really well, I left the house at 4:30 am headed to the Asheville airport and landed in Columbus at 9:00 am. The car was what I thought it was and it took an hour for the wire transfer to go through so we had lunch and I hit the road at noon. I was able to average 75 mph (would have gone faster if I had a legit tag not the one off the old Shelby) and made it Asheville at 6:30 pm 475 miles later. one stop for coffee, gas and the restroom.

web.jpg

web.jpg

web.jpg

web.jpg

web.jpg

Henry and the new Shelby, aka the innocent one

web.jpg

Well when I pulled up my wife said "Oh here is "Shelby's" innocent twin ! " She said this one is quieter and likes it better already, hmmmmm

As Craig said I was able to authenticate with 2 visual inspections:

Bubbly rust under the hood pin plates and Vinyl stripe damage on the hood scoop. The guy thought it was hilarious when I told him that is how I knew doe for sure it was real and that no one would "clone" though 2 problems.

I am extremely happy to have stayed in the Shelby family

Take Care

Andrew

Great choice and great pictures. Luxury of being by yourself to snap a few pictures of the countryside from the car. We did not get those views as we were tooling to Greenville SC on May 1, 2010. All we had was that rain that swamped Nashville until we got to the I40 area. My wife was not inclined to let me play with the camera while driving.

Sure would have been nice to be able to visit you in the Ashville area. Sure looked nice as we drove out of the area on Thursday morning. Clearly need a trip back to the area.

Trip was 2013 miles and 24.7 mpg for entire trip. Not bad considering we did put 400 miles on driving around Charleston at 10 - 30 mph. It was a great vacation.

Sure like the the looks of your car. Looks like you got a good deal and lots of ability to swap Mods out from the old car. Enjoy the car.

Tom

Congrats Andrew! I'm sure glad to see you in a Shelby and not a Roush! :)

Looking forward to see what you've got planned for this one buddy.

Thanks Ken,

The insurance company made the decision an easy one and when I found this one with 1,900 miles for $26,000 it was a done deal.

The first step is to get the title than register it ans get her insured, It takes 7-10 days to get the electronic title in Ohio.

So for now she is in the garage and I am busy selling parts !

I am glad to see you are almost done with your engine build.

Take Care

Andrew

Archived