TEAM SHELBY FORUM

3.6 LC

sure looks like it, 800hp SS

http://www.kennebell.net/

I have been reading about this set-up and am impressed. The 4.2L is the same demensions as the 3.6L except it is 1/2" longer and both fit under the SS hood, Nice!!

I am excited to read about these big KB's. There were two recent Mustang magazine tests, and this blower looks as good as the 2.8 Polished, and then kicks it up a notch, a large notch.......

Time for a "New" STB design Reg, one to fit over the KB LC's.................

R

I am constantly impressed by KB and how much blower displacement they are able to fit under the hood. And believe me I do not Knock anone who wants more HP...... But ..... Let me play devil's advocate here....

It seems to me that with the 2.8KB there is more power than this setup can handle by far. many of us have modded to get more of the power to the ground but still we are not even close to harnessing the power of the 2.8 and delivering it fully to the ground!

if you change lower and upper pulley and tune the "stock" SS you can approach 900-1000HP with the 2.8KB at the crank. Hell, all I have is 3" pulley and tune and make about 830 at the crank.

For those of you considering the bigger blowers for your SS... How you gonna get that power to work for you? Seems like alot of cost and trouble for no real performance return (because the weak link in the system is always gonna be traction)?

Ron

I am constantly impressed by KB and how much blower displacement they are able to fit under the hood. And believe me I do not Knock anone who wants more HP...... But ..... Let me play devil's advocate here....

It seems to me that with the 2.8KB there is more power than this setup can handle by far. many of us have modded to get more of the power to the ground but still we are not even close to harnessing the power of the 2.8 and delivering it fully to the ground!

if you change lower and upper pulley and tune the "stock" SS you can approach 900-1000HP with the 2.8KB at the crank. Hell, all I have is 3" pulley and tune and make about 830 at the crank.

For those of you considering the bigger blowers for your SS... How you gonna get that power to work for you? Seems like alot of cost and trouble for no real performance return (because the weak link in the system is always gonna be traction)?

Ron

------------------------------------------------------------

Bigger Shiny Blower..................Bigger Shiny Blower......................

At some point the car will get traction, and when it does, that extra h.p. will give an even bigger thrill!!

Bigger Shiny Blower................

My only real concern is the Super Snake logo's. Currently if I want to buy a replacement KB for my car from SPP, it does not come with a Super Snake logo'ed pulley or the Super Snake logo'ed inlet. These are items that are exclusive to the Super Snake build..................So, if I choose to buy an upgrade KB for my 2008 Super Snake, will I be able to buy one with Super Snake logo's or at least the inlet logo as shown in those pictures?

R

------------------------------------------------------------

Bigger Shiny Blower..................Bigger Shiny Blower......................

At some point the car will get traction, and when it does, that extra h.p. will give an even bigger thrill!!

Bigger Shiny Blower................

My only real concern is the Super Snake logo's. Currently if I want to buy a replacement KB for my car from SPP, it does not come with a Super Snake logo'ed pulley or the Super Snake logo'ed inlet. These are items that are exclusive to the Super Snake build..................So, if I choose to buy an upgrade KB for my 2008 Super Snake, will I be able to buy one with Super Snake logo's or at least the inlet logo as shown in those pictures?

R

Robert, I agree with you about the SS badging. I want this upgrade bad on my SS. Not so much for the added HP(although I'll take it :) ). But a I'll wait until they work out the badging details as I think the will when SA gets the 3.6LC production going on the SS's. I am really interested in the cooler temps. I think it will help with reliability during track days over time. The S/C gets VERY HOT during a 25 minute session and doesn't cool off alot before the next time to go out. I have the Van cooling system so the overall temps are good. But, I can't believe the S/C can take that kind of heat long term.

I agree that hooking up is a huge issue w/these cars. I've widened my wheels and gone to 305's on the street which helps alot, still an issue though. Going even wider on my next set of tires. I haven't been able to go wider on the track yet. Waiting to put the full Griggs in and then get wheels w/the correct offset F&R to go as wide as possible. So Bone Doc has a valid point.

But, think off this as a reliability upgrade with benefits.

BJ

BJ

This could get exciting!!..................

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

SHELBY GT 500 UPGRADE KIT (2.8L TO 3.6LC)

UPGRADES 2.8L. ALL PARTS INCLUDED FOR DIRECT REPLACEMENT

** TS1000-SHUPGD KIT 4399.00 3.6LC POLISHED UPGRADE KIT SHELBY GT500 (2.8L TO 3.6LC) INCLUDES INLET & DISCHARGE MANIFOLDS LIQUID HOSE KIT, WIRE LOOM BRACKET,

PULLEY (YOUR CHOICE), 60MM IDLER, BELT (FOR STOCK 7.1" CRANK PULLEY), BOLTS, 3/8" HOSE AND 3/8" 90°.

DOES NOT INCLUDE BAP, FLASH TUNER, THROTTLE BODY, MAF, MAFIA FILTER, TUBE. FUEL RAIL SPACERS ARE AVAILABLE FOR LARGER 80LB INJECTORS

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

R

SHELBY GT 500 UPGRADE KIT (2.8L TO 3.6LC)

UPGRADES 2.8L. ALL PARTS INCLUDED FOR DIRECT REPLACEMENT

** TS1000-SHUPGD KIT 4399.00 3.6LC POLISHED UPGRADE KIT SHELBY GT500 (2.8L TO 3.6LC) INCLUDES INLET & DISCHARGE MANIFOLDS LIQUID HOSE KIT, WIRE LOOM BRACKET,

PULLEY (YOUR CHOICE), 60MM IDLER, BELT (FOR STOCK 7.1" CRANK PULLEY), BOLTS, 3/8" HOSE AND 3/8" 90°.

DOES NOT INCLUDE BAP, FLASH TUNER, THROTTLE BODY, MAF, MAFIA FILTER, TUBE. FUEL RAIL SPACERS ARE AVAILABLE FOR LARGER 80LB INJECTORS

R

Very Interesting!!! :drool:

R

Yes, it could.

Now if they would rethink their stripe color options they may get a new SS customer.

I searched high and low for a Kona Blue car with WHITE stripes on it. Not black, WHITE.

I think the Kona/Black SS looks terrible but I think a Kona/White SS would be PERFECT.

I talked to SAI about it and they won't budge. Hey, it's their $40K loss!

I'm wondering if the demise of Amy may change their mind on giving options to the SS buyers. After all, it is MY money I'm spending....hence, I should be able to get it MY way (IMO).

Phill

Yes, it could.

Now if they would rethink their stripe color options they may get a new SS customer.

I searched high and low for a Kona Blue car with WHITE stripes on it. Not black, WHITE.

I think the Kona/Black SS looks terrible but I think a Kona/White SS would be PERFECT.

I'm wondering if the demise of Amy may change their mind on giving options to the SS buyers. After all, it is MY money I'm spending....hence, I should be able to get it MY way (IMO).

Phill

Phill,

I don't know if Amy was the sole person to create the Super Snake package, so I don't know that her presents at SA (or not) will dictate stripe color on the SS package. With the many, many buyers who are willing to step up and pay their money for the Super Snake as it is currently offered, "their" (SA's) thoughts "may" be...................."After all, it is OUR package we are offering to the public, hence, the buyers will get the package the way WE offer it". <<<Just a thought.

If you have one of the other authorized modification centers (not the L.V. Mod Shop) do your GT500, you may be able to have the car built and accepted as a Super Snake, then have the stripes removed and have your choice of any color re-applied. I believe that we saw this recently presented as a "1 of 1" on eBay, a White w/Blue striped Super Snake., I believe "unicorn" was also used to describe this SS. I must admit, the White w/Blue did look good on a Super Snake, IMHO, but this was also revealed to be an "owners choice", added/changed after the approved SS conversion.

I can say that when I see a GT500 with Flat Black stripes, Alcoa's and a Super Snake hood, it begs for a closer look much more than a GT500 with any other color stripes, Alcoa's and a Super Snake hood. The Flat Black stripes say "unique", because there are not many owners who are going to choose Flat Black as a stripe choice in today's world, that is unless they have exclusive Super Snake interests.

I wonder, was Amy's Grabber Orange 605 horse Super Snake, that appeared in the magazine features, a company car?

R

Yes, it could.

Phill

Phil:

I have to say that I asked the question too when I decided to Super Snake my Vista Blue coupe. I ordered it from the factory with performance white stripes and really like the combo. However, now that I have it, I love it! The flat black stripes really set it aside!! Now if you have your heart set on white stripes on a Super Snake, you can do it. However, your white stripes would be an owner modification. No problem, it is your car. Gary, another Team Shelby owner with a Vista Blue SS did just that and his car. To each their own. Don't let the stripes stop you!

Cheers

Brett

Ron

I do not think the 3.6 option has anything to do with "need" or even rational thought. Its all about having the baddest of the bad! Knowing that my sissy little 725hp SS now has a bigger badder brother might make me want to swap to the big one even though it makes absolutly no logical since to do it. I can not put my foot all the way in my car now till I am over 100mph! Another 75 hp would be just plain rediculous! But BRING ON MORE POWER BABY!

I would like to complement SAI for the totally unrational, unlogical, rediculous decision to have a 800hp option!! They understand the SS audience well because that exactly what we crazy people want!!

I do not think the 3.6 option has anything to do with "need" or even rational thought. Its all about having the baddest of the bad! Knowing that my sissy little 725hp SS now has a bigger badder brother might make me want to swap to the big one even though it makes absolutly no logical since to do it. I can not put my foot all the way in my car now till I am over 100mph! Another 75 hp would be just plain rediculous! But BRING ON MORE POWER BABY!

I would like to complement SAI for the totally unrational, unlogical, rediculous decision to have a 800hp option!! They understand the SS audience well because that exactly what we crazy people want!!

Bigger Shiny Blower, Bigger Shiny Blower, Bigger Shiny Blower....................

I contacted Ken at KB when I noticed a "2.8LC" listed in the price sheet. He says that the Liquid Cooled (LC) has also been added to the 2.8 level..............

R

Archived