TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Front end done...

i8acobra

Got it back from the shop on Wednesday. The Shelby bumper is extremely thick and heavy. They had a hard time getting it fit correctly. It's off a little, but I'm going to try to tweak it a little. Also, the grille insert was sent to the shop pre-assembled and it wasn't done very well. I'll have to take it apart and try to fix it.

I also swapped out my tinted stock lights for clear front and rear bumper lights with LED's and a clear 3rd brake light with LED's.

Oh, so I got the car back Wednesday afternoon and Thursday night, some kid made a double lane change into my passenger's rear quarter. So, now I'll be getting the Shelby side scoops to go with the front end along with a new rim and tire. I'm also pulling the GT/CS stripes off the side and going withe the CS8 stripes.

Pics:

cs81.jpg

cs82.jpg

cs84.jpg

cs85.jpg

cs83.jpg

Got it back from the shop on Wednesday. The Shelby bumper is extremely thick and heavy. They had a hard time getting it fit correctly. It's off a little, but I'm going to try to tweak it a little. Also, the grille insert was sent to the shop pre-assembled and it wasn't done very well. I'll have to take it apart and try to fix it.

I also swapped out my tinted stock lights for clear front and rear bumper lights with LED's and a clear 3rd brake light with LED's.

Oh, so I got the car back Wednesday afternoon and Thursday night, some kid made a double lane change into my passenger's rear quarter. So, now I'll be getting the Shelby side scoops to go with the front end along with a new rim and tire. I'm also pulling the GT/CS stripes off the side and going withe the CS8 stripes.

Pics:

cs81.jpg

cs82.jpg

cs84.jpg

cs85.jpg

cs83.jpg

I agree, you can tell it is all just a little off. Good luck getting it to fit properly and adjusting the letters.

PS. sorry to hear about the wreck. Hope it all ends up perfect.

Your new front end looks really good. The only suggestion I would make is to paint the white radiator support bracket that can be seen straight through the grill.

here's a picture of my old 2005 GT that I did a front end swap on. you can see the middle portion of it that I painted black so it would blend in

BEFORE

front-donebutunpainted.jpg

AFTER

frontend-donepainted.jpg

Already planning on doing that. I have to pull the front end off, try to get the bumper lights to fit a little better, straighten the "SHELBY", and see about getting Shelby to give me a new grille. The passenger's side vertical edge was cut crooked. The PIAA lights also need to be aimed better. One points at the ground.

Archived