TEAM SHELBY FORUM

New Front Grille :)

rush_junky

The lower black lip on the grille mount had been peeling. It looked pretty bad, so I took it to the local Ford dealer to see if it could be replaced under warranty.

Shelby sent them a brand new grille with the new mount !! What's even better is that the new mount is not the Mustang GT grille with cutouts. It's the standalone mount that makes the front grille look much better without the obstruction right behind it.

http://www.shelbystore.com/product-p/p8s3z-8200-h.htm

http://www.shelbystore.com/product-p/p8s3z-8200-kit.htm

I had not expected a new grille; only a new mount !! The new grille even had the pony emblem already included ! I am very happy !! :happy feet: Thank you Shelby American !!

I just hope it doesn't de-value the car since it's not the original mount. But then again, it was just a Mustang GT grille with cuts so I don't think so. I guess the 08 SGT came with the standalone mount :)

I almost tried the warranty on mine, but decided I wanted to keep the orig. one... mine wasn't peeling, just wavy/warped around the edges. The new shell is tons better than the factory peice though!

I wanted to ask if anyone else as noticed a difference in how the 07 and the 08 look from the front. What I mean is I was at a car show parked next to an 08 and when looking at the cars head on you could, between the grill, see back into the radiator on the 08 while my car was just black and I thought look much better. This was because the old GT grill behind the SGT overlay grill provided just enough to keep the front looking mean. I've gone back and forth on buying the housing but I can't get that image out of my mind.

If it matters to you, you might want to take a close look at that new grille and you may want your old grille instead. I ordered a grille from Shelby to replace the orginal on my GT-H. The construction was completely different and it used threaded hooks instead of studs screwed into the grille for mounting. The part I really didn't like was that the new grille only has 12 horizontal polished bars and the original grille has 13. It has a slightly different look as a result. So you may want to get your old grille back and just use the new housing.

I counted tonight... my "new" black grill has 13 bars too, same as the stock polished one.

I just confirmed that my "new" billet grill also has 13 bars.

I like mine w/ the new shell better, but I went black at the same time... I should have tried it with the billet one too...

Where'd you get the black top grille? I don't see one at the Shelby Store.

Nevermind; I found it :)

• 2 weeks later...

I bought it here:

black grill

the lower black grills are currently on back order, not sure about the status of the uppers, I bought mine around christmas I think....

Tried to order a black upper grille today; still unavailable :(

I wanted to ask if anyone else as noticed a difference in how the 07 and the 08 look from the front. What I mean is I was at a car show parked next to an 08 and when looking at the cars head on you could, between the grill, see back into the radiator on the 08 while my car was just black and I thought look much better. This was because the old GT grill behind the SGT overlay grill provided just enough to keep the front looking mean. I've gone back and forth on buying the housing but I can't get that image out of my mind.

I noticed the same thing at a show last year. I prefer the look of my polished grill with the original GT grill being cut out so you don't see all the way in to the radiator. Also, I think it provides a little protection for the radiator from bugs, etc. The warping does not bother me that much as I think it speaks to the originallity of my car.

I'm waiting for the lower too...

The upper black grilles are back in stock....ordered mine yesterday :happy feet:

I would imagine the lower ones would be back too ! Good Luck !!

Archived