TEAM SHELBY FORUM

2011 GT350

Thanks for your feedback but a $10-$12,000 is not in the works.

"Well over 100" could mean 500. Many factors here you are not aware of. Tough to get real totals as deposts, cars ordered, in build, in the order bank are not one in the same. We have cars arriving with no orders and following up with dealers daily.

Roger

your welcome.

here's to "could" turning into "is"! :beerchug: :happy feet:

wishing you all the success the world has to offer friend.

I wish $10-12K..... but you can't get a body kit, suspension, brakes, supercharger, graphics, exhaust, CS signature, etc for that kind of $.

To understand then value of the GT 350, think of it more like a Super Snake package.

Needless to say, I am glad I am in the que and I can't effin' wait until it's ready!

I'm with you Michael! The closer it gets, the longer it takes...sheeesh.

But on a more serious note, and I hate to bring this up, but at the Embassy Suites for Bash 2011, are we going to have a special row like the Terlinguas did? :hysterical:

I'm sorry, really, the devil made me do it!!!:devil:

John

Just recouping tooling cost on a limited run vehicle would price any car with the same exterior "Dress" package would price the vehicle over the $10,000 threshold. Then guess what happens:

You dilute the brand image of performance. You are now no different than a what is being offered by the competition. Not what we are about.

You have everyone complaining on the above as depreciating or devaluing the image of the GT350

Then the threads start with it should have could have been and then add the content of what the car is and expect it for $10-$12,000. What about wheels, the tires are trash, the handling is not to what we expected, and the list goes on.

We believe we have a GREAT vehicle here.

It will become very clear when the testing results are released and the Media gets their hands on it.

Bet they sell out before the 2012 model run is even announced. And I'm not a betting man.

Just sayin!

Roger

All of that is very true, you made an incredible car....thats seems to be a concensus......however, that is only one part of the mission the way I see it ......

part one: build a great car

done.

part two: if its so expensive that it is not a sales success, you failed on both points regardless of fulfulling part one......

so part two is that it MUST be priced moderately enough to generate a LARGE early order log in order to cover

start up costs for your one off items, etc and insure the success of the financial model. In my eyes your car is too much

part one and not enough part two.

I hope you are right and I am wrong, but I think 27k misses the mark on part 2 IMO.

And yes, I feel this way cause I cant afford the car.......but also because Im a business man.

I continue to wish Shelby American all the success in the world.

Just recouping tooling cost on a limited run vehicle would price any car with the same exterior "Dress" package would price the vehicle over the $10,000 threshold. Then guess what happens:

Roger

maybe the emphasis should have more on "go" and less on "show" then.............

Shelby wants to build less vehicles than the the market actually demands. Under the "One Shelby" theme, part of the company's philosophy was to structure in order to be able to do this. The good thing about a post-title GT350 is that the dealer's price point is more or less set no matter how many SAI decides to build.

Finally, don't look at production numbers for the GT350 in general terms - instead, read into what Roger and other people from SAI have been hinting to. . . ;)

All of that is very true, you made an incredible car....thats seems to be a concensus......however, that is only one part of the mission the way I see it ......

part one: build a great car

done.

part two: if its so expensive that it is not a sales success, you failed on both points regardless of fulfulling part one......

so part two is that it MUST be priced moderately enough to generate a LARGE early order log in order to cover

start up costs for your one off items, etc and insure the success of the financial model. In my eyes your car is too much

part one and not enough part two.

I hope you are right and I am wrong, but I think 27k misses the mark on part 2 IMO.

And yes, I feel this way cause I cant afford the car.......but also because Im a business man.

I continue to wish Shelby American all the success in the world.

wow.....first and foremost I just want to appologize for opening a can of worms..

secondly,...I dont want to be labeled a stirer , or antaganizer(sp?), because thats not what im about. The last thing I want is to be banned. I too wish Shelby all the success in the world

but if EVERYTHING was hinging on 1 particular project, and that project doesnt quite seem to be selling like hotcakes, id be :censored: in my pants..

Now, im sure there are things going on like Roger said, things we dont know about..And if Roger, Robert , and MM, and the rest of the Shelby gang sleep peacefully at night, then I will try too also..LOL

Again, my posting was not ment to "create a scene", or anything of the sort...........i appologize..........and if my worrying gets out of hand in the future, feel free to slap me around like this........ :slapfight:

Greg

wow.....first and foremost I just want to appologize for opening a can of worms..

secondly,...I dont want to be labeled a stirer , or antaganizer(sp?), because thats not what im about. The last thing I want is to be banned. I too wish Shelby all the success in the world

but if EVERYTHING was hinging on 1 particular project, and that project doesnt quite seem to be selling like hotcakes, id be :censored: in my pants..

Now, im sure there are things going on like Roger said, things we dont know about..And if Roger, Robert , and MM, and the rest of the Shelby gang sleep peacefully at night, then I will try too also..LOL

Again, my posting was not ment to "create a scene", or anything of the sort...........i appologize..........and if my worrying gets out of hand in the future, feel free to slap me around like this........ :slapfight:

Greg

Greg, questions are good from enthusiasts. Obviously we read them and take them under consideration. Read my post above yours and it will clarify some.

Not everything is hinging on ONE product and I am not sure where this comes from? I wish we could talk more about future products - but we can neither conform nor deny :hysterical: - we know the competition reads these boards too.

Don't confuse "we don’t have a new product on the drawing board" with what's already been approved as it wouldn't be "new" to us. :drool:

Greg, questions are good from enthusiasts. Obviously we read them and take them under consideration. Read my post above yours and it will clarify some.

Not everything is hinging on ONE product and I am not sure where this comes from? I wish we could talk more about future products - but we can neither conform nor deny :hysterical: - we know the competition reads these boards too.

Don't confuse "we don’t have a new product on the drawing board" with what's already been approved as it wouldn't be "new" to us. :drool:

Robert, I believe what you are trying to tell me is that the GT350 isnt the only iron in the fire so to speak, and there are other projects to fall back on, or in conjunction with the GT350, and judging from Mr. Luft's interview, it could be a combination of any of the 3 that were mentioned............ :dance:

Michael,

I could never afford the original GT350s and GT500s....when I was old enough to drive, I didnt have 40-50k, then when I had 40-50k, they were 100-200k, and that has gone on and on in those cases.

If not for the current line up of cars, I would still be dreaming of owning a Shelby instead of owning one, no, make that soon to be two. I mean, I feel for those not able to own the GT350...I have someone very close to me and would give anything if he could afford it....but frankly, at this point, he cant even afford a Terlingua or SGT. But, that said, it doesnt necessarily mean they are over priced. If you are talking strictly pricing vehicles out of the market, well, on the one hand there are plenty of buyers for a Ford GT at 150k. But on the other hand, a 70k mustang seems like a lot for a mustang. But I thought the same about a Super snake or even the base GT500 until I drove them. Only the market can be the final judge though....this new 5.0 sure seems to be one heck of an exciting car. Already seeing drag numbers in the 10s, and I am sure the SC version will be around 11 seconds as well....Pretty impressive!

A car is only worth what someone is willing to pay. The economy is steady at worst and may be getting a little better for some folks. No matter what the price is you will always have people willing to pay for exclusivity (Ron Pratt for example). This car looks so much better in person. It really is hard to fathom how different it looks. I think that as they make their way into the world, demand will increase substantially. Right now, people are waiting and watching and when they see one in person I think priorities will suddenly shift.

I would love for Shelby to sell 2200 of them, I'm not sure they will, but I really think orders will increase dramatically when they hit the streets.

I'm with you Michael! The closer it gets, the longer it takes...sheeesh.

But on a more serious note, and I hate to bring this up, but at the Embassy Suites for Bash 2011, are we going to have a special row like the Terlinguas did? :hysterical:

I'm sorry, really, the devil made me do it!!!:devil:

John

John

counting you, their will be at least four there. The photo ops will be numerous!

Michael

I just spent half the night rolling in bed sleepless thinking about what my 350 is gonna be like!

I don't know how long I can put myself through that!

(come on Warren, just be a little less enthusiastic, you can do it!)

This was always my dream to have one of these!

I know Roger is taking care of me tho best he can! Thanks bud!

Just talked to Roger

He said they are going to build them in alphabetical order starting with first names!! WOW! Warren you are in TROUBLE!!!!! LOL

MM

Cool, my given name is actually Anthony Michael McGuirk. I will be over to pick my car up on Friday!

• 2 weeks later...

I think you wont know till 2020 Hell, its 2010 and they still dont have accurate numbers for 2007-2008

What would you like to know. We have every car built in 2006-2007-2008-2009

Please contact Stevet@shelbyamerican.com and he will give you your answers.

Roger

Archived