TEAM SHELBY FORUM

2011 GT350

Michael Morris has sold at least 15 alone. That is just one dealer, albit one that a lot uf us will probably use.

If I remember correctly it was going to be capped at about 2000 for a two year run (2011 & 2012). I think first year was capped at 500.

I dont think they will build 500, but I think they are selling fairly well. And once people start seeing them in person I think they will really start to sell then.

The difference in pictures and in person is night and day.

Pony88, none of the cars are at Shelby yet, so nothing they can update us on....but soon.

If you sold it, try pulling up the build and see if it has a railcars yet.

The answer to the first original question is, I heard they have deposits for at least 100 already. But I don't know if those people are sitting on their allocation, or if they went ahead and ordered a base gt to convert. I could be wrong on what I heard though, it wouldn't be the first time. :hysterical:

Warren

Talked to Roger this weekend and were pretty sure yours will be the first car on the ground! Still waiting on parts and stuff, but at least they will have a car to play with for alittle while!!!! I heard Patterson wants to drive it for a month and break the motor in RIGHT for you!!!

MM

Warren

I heard Patterson wants to drive it for a month and break the motor RIGHT for you!!!

MM

Fixt.

Pony88, none of the cars are at Shelby yet, so nothing they can update us on....but soon.

If you sold it, try pulling up the build and see if it has a railcars yet.

The answer to the first original question is, I heard they have deposits for at least 100 already. But I don't know if those people are sitting on their allocation, or if they went ahead and ordered a base gt to convert. I could be wrong on what I heard though, it wouldn't be the first time. :hysterical:

sorry, i ment as in shelby hasnt updated me as far as the build goes. i have already tracked the GT body. the body and everything was

built on 4/17/10 and transported to rail car on april 25th. ill post more info soon as i can guys.

• 3 weeks later...

As of Monday, SAI told me that there will be 2,400 made over 2 years. I wouldn't be surprised it that gets extended, esp. once people start seeing them. Who knows it's happened in the past. As long as they keep making them till the point I can get one, I'm not complaining. As for how many are sold so far, they couldn't tell me. He's didn't know.

It's unlikely that anyone is ever going to get an accurate number until the last car is done.

Roger, on another post you told us you had sold 289 cars.., and now 100..?? :headscratch:

just wondering..?

Roger stated that the base car for CSM #289 had arrived. When picking a CSM #, you did not have to take the # sequentially.

I think 289 was a cool CSM to pick.

Roger, on another post you told us you had sold 289 cars.., and now 100..?? :headscratch:

just wondering..?

weluv2fish4bass, on 13 May 2010 - 01:20 PM, said:

Roger, now that the 350's are begining to roll in, can you tell us how many people have put deposits down on cars..? This would include all models( N/A, automatic, etc...?). This was brought up before when you were on vacation, and I dont think it was ever answered....Thanks again, and we hope to see LOTS of pics...

Greg

Changes daily but we have just received #289.

CSM #289 arrived. Not 289 cars. We also have CSM 888 and 889 sold.

Roger

Roger, now that the 350's are begining to roll in, can you tell us how many people have put deposits down on cars..? This would include all models( N/A, automatic, etc...?). This was brought up before when you were on vacation, and I dont think it was ever answered....Thanks again, and we hope to see LOTS of pics...

Greg

Roger

WOW...and I thought 289 cars was a low amount and now come to find out theres barely 100 sold... :unsure:

I thought demand would have picked up by now.

I just hope Shelby has a plan on how to sell the remaining 2100 cars......Im just concerned thats all, specially after Mr. Luft made this comment...

"At this time, we don’t have a new product on the drawing board. We have focused all of our design and engineering efforts toward the development and launch of the GT350."

WOW...and I thought 289 cars was a low amount and now come to find out theres barely 100 sold... :unsure:

I just hope Shelby has a plan on how to sell the remaining 2100 cars......Im just concerned thats all, specially after Mr. Luft made this comment...

"At this time, we don’t have a new product on the drawing board. We have focused all of our design and engineering efforts toward the development and launch of the GT350."

No concern well over 100! :)

That 2,100 figure is for all GT350s.

Read the Luft article again and you'll find an interesting thing or two.

I think you are correct. Now that vehicles are arriving on site, they are beginning to attract a great deal of attention from the camera carrying public.

It is quite a sight when the haulers roll in full of Performance White 5.0's!

Roger

Both time the car has been featured the phones have started up again. First time was BJ. The next few days the phone was crazy!!! Then after the race in Vegas the phones went again!!

I think the same thing will happen when SA starts building them and they get on the road

MM

Greg

Roger

considering the question and the answer given, you can understand the confusion with us thinking it was stated that 289 cars were ordered.

Amy had posted the deposits were in excess of 200 weeks prior to that.

Only 100 deposits, that must be disappointing considering the weight of the topic.....and the months that have passed since it was "revealed".

Maybe a more reasonable package in the 10-12k range would have had more "mass" appeal...........

imo that package would have scooped up more of the money out there.......but what do I know!~ :baby:

Thanks for your feedback but a $10-$12,000 is not in the works.

"Well over 100" could mean 500. Many factors here you are not aware of. Tough to get real totals as deposts, cars ordered, in build, in the order bank are not one in the same. We have cars arriving with no orders and following up with dealers daily.

Roger

considering the question and the answer given, you can understand the confusion with us thinking it was stated that 289 cars were ordered.

Amy had posted the deposits were in excess of 200 weeks prior to that.

Only 100 deposits, that must be disappointing considering the weight of the topic.....and the months that have passed since it was "revealed".

Maybe a more reasonable package in the 10-12k range would have had more "mass" appeal...........

imo that package would have scooped up more of the money out there.......but what do I know!~ :baby:

I wish $10-12K..... but you can't get a body kit, suspension, brakes, supercharger, graphics, exhaust, CS signature, etc for that kind of $.

To understand then value of the GT 350, think of it more like a Super Snake package.

Needless to say, I am glad I am in the que and I can't effin' wait until it's ready!

I wish $10-12K..... but you can't get a body kit, suspension, brakes, supercharger, graphics, exhaust, CS signature, etc for that kind of $.

To understand then value of the GT 350, think of it more like a Super Snake package.

Needless to say, I am glad I am in the que and I can't effin' wait until it's ready!

obviously the package would be configured differently for the lower price......

and its not about understanding the value, its about understanding your market.

Congrats for being in the que Mike, I hope it all comes thru for you.

Archived