TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Roof Question

cal66

I remember seeing a topic somewhere that addressed the speed of opening and closing the convertible roof. I haven't been able to find it. Does anyone have any information about this topic? I have had my 07 GTH for 1800 miles and I love every second I am in the car! The snails pace of opening and closing the roof and the fact that you must be completely stopped to operate the roof drives me nuts. Help please!

I remember seeing a topic somewhere that addressed the speed of opening and closing the convertible roof. I haven't been able to find it. Does anyone have any information about this topic? I have had my 07 GTH for 1800 miles and I love every second I am in the car! The snails pace of opening and closing the roof and the fact that you must be completely stopped to operate the roof drives me nuts. Help please!

Mine goes up and down slowly too.....compared to my 2000GT which is fast. Having to be stopped is a safety feature and is on most new convertibles I know of so the obvious doesnt happen - the top flys off while moving. :-) Casey

Mine goes up and down slowly too.....compared to my 2000GT which is fast. Having to be stopped is a safety feature and is on most new convertibles I know of so the obvious doesnt happen - the top flys off while moving. :-) Casey

The point of it being a safety issue makes sense but if that is the case, why does the new Mercedes convertible advertise the speed of raising and lowering the soft top in "20 seconds" and that it can be raised or lowered when the car is moving at up to 25 MPH?

I was on the freeway last week and I saw a Crysler Sebring try to raise the top while driving. it bent the hell out of it, he had to pull over. Im glad you have to stop. I do wish it went up faster.

I'm glad I'm not the only one looking for a faster open/close time. I think the Crysler person must not have used his squash before trying to raise that top at speed on a freeway! That will cost a few greenbacks. Lucky he wasn't hurt.

Suprise! Mustang Forums came up with the answer. Webelectric.com For about $50.00 and an hour or two of electrical work you can get your top up or down in about 10 seconds. Anyone heard of it? Reliable?

Archived