TEAM SHELBY FORUM

SS Camaro Challenging my KR

shelbypt

Alright guys, I left a car show today and an SS Camaro began to follow, revving his camed engine with a pretty loud after market exhaust system on it. He kept jumping on it, trying to get my attention. Across the front of the windshield was written Corvette Doctor! Obviously, a local shop that works on Corvettes and Camaros built this car to be a bit faster. So, we made our way to the highway and I let him come up beside me at about 40 mph. He stomped on it first! and wow his car was pretty loud! Well, waiting for this opportunity for quite some time, I felt the need to defend the Ford/Shelby team; so, I laid on the accelerator as well. I wasn't sure what would happen against this Camaro that sounded pretty bad _ss. I haven't heard cams like this in some time! But, I pulled on him rather well,, with a big grin on my face. We slowed up one more time just to make sure it wasn't a fluke, and we jumped on it at the same time this time. Again, I pulled this worked on Camaro. I felt bad for the guy. Obviously he had just put a lot of money into his engine and was trying to hunt down a Mustang and eat it, but what he got was a clear view of my KR's rearend! :hysterical:happy%20feet.gif

So, I really don't feel bad for him. I just fed him to the Shelby Team:dance:

Thanks Ford and Shelby! I love my KR

You know it's funny. I take my KR out for 2-3 laps around 2 miles as much as I can. Thats basically how I drive this car. I currently have 135 miles on her. I do however wait at lights and try to catch a race here and there. I just can't seem to find anyone game anymore. I grew up racing my fox body up & down Central ave in Yonkers. And you could catch a race at almost every light. I just can't seem to line up anyone anymore or they are always riding on the opposite side as me. I did pull up to a Camaro recently and he wanted no part of me....I wish he did.

Alright guys, I left a car show today and an SS Camaro began to follow, revving his camed engine with a pretty loud after market exhaust system on it. He kept jumping on it, trying to get my attention. Across the front of the windshield was written Corvette Doctor! Obviously, a local shop that works on Corvettes and Camaros built this car to be a bit faster. So, we made our way to the highway and I let him come up beside me at about 40 mph. He stomped on it first! and wow his car was pretty loud! Well, waiting for this opportunity for quite some time, I felt the need to defend the Ford/Shelby team; so, I laid on the accelerator as well. I wasn't sure what would happen against this Camaro that sounded pretty bad _ss. I haven't heard cams like this in some time! But, I pulled on him rather well,, with a big grin on my face. We slowed up one more time just to make sure it wasn't a fluke, and we jumped on it at the same time this time. Again, I pulled this worked on Camaro. I felt bad for the guy. Obviously he had just put a lot of money into his engine and was trying to hunt down a Mustang and eat it, but what he got was a clear view of my KR's rearend! :hysterical:happy%20feet.gif

So, I really don't feel bad for him. I just fed him to the Shelby Team:dance:

Thanks Ford and Shelby! I love my KR

We have great cars just imagine what they would do if they were lighter as I would love to be able to run with a Z06.

Long live Shelby's

You know it's funny. I take my KR out for 2-3 laps around 2 miles as much as I can. Thats basically how I drive this car. I currently have 135 miles on her. I do however wait at lights and try to catch a race here and there. I just can't seem to find anyone game anymore. I grew up racing my fox body up & down Central ave in Yonkers. And you could catch a race at almost every light. I just can't seem to line up anyone anymore or they are always riding on the opposite side as me. I did pull up to a Camaro recently and he wanted no part of me....I wish he did.

135 miles, damn son drive that beauty

135miles! Wow, drive more and I'm sure you'll find an abundance of prey while hunting the streets.

He didn't have a chance. :car:

Mustang Scotty, nice emoticon !!! I love it...

I hope to see him this week at the car show and listen in to what his new plans are to beat that damn Shelby. I'd prefer to keep mine pretty much stock.

Archived