TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Functional Side Sccop

• 2 weeks later...

Sounds good Ken. I found a wrecked SGT in the yard, and was able to closely inspect the attaching points of the scoop. I am considering using the parts off that car, modifiying them and coming up with some type of hose setup. That's the tricky part, I think- getting the air routed.

• 2 weeks later...

Going to order a set of these, PN 6R3Z-63424A62 in case you wanted to know.

http://www.bangastang.com/_e/Exterior/product/6R3Z-63424A62-AA/Mustang_California_Special_Side_Scoops_05_09.htm

Sorry guys , I keep getting side tracked at work. Promise will call Heath on Monday and let you know

Andrew

• 1 month later...

Socal, you make any headway with this lately? Sorry I missed your messages, I took an extended leave from TS to tend to school and work. I haven't had any time to think about this for months, but I'm still very interested in making something work.

Oh i've got a few tools...:hysterical: I can bring them to Grabbers, he has a compressor....Maybe a 220 outlet and we can use some heat and have some plasma fun....kinda bubbles paint at the edge though :confused:

Ya know Ken, given a factory part I could get a Carbon Fiber mat or regular FG part made from a friend in the marine business. So I needed one cowl made for a boat I used to own that had 4 total I gave a good one to my friend and he made me 4 for the boat out of CF mat and clear epoxy resin. I know he could make the SGT/CS side scoops out of resin and mat by making a mold like he did for me, for that matter you or I could do that. Its not hard. Just takes time.

Or mod a factory part like our hood scoops are modded maybe with some welded rod supports inside ?? I am not sure whats inside the CS side scoop...

I am serious I will do the cutting and fabbing for anyone who wants to go there, I would like to do my car but I am REAL hesitant to cut a hole in the body. So I would like to see someone else do it first.:hysterical:

Part of the reason was at one point there was some threads on the forum about some very high HP 500's getting 1/4 panel waves after some serious drag racing or so it was speculated...not sure I bought that idea but thats what some said....

A good compromise we saw at the bash was the guy with the rear window NASA intakes and the ducts running through the rear package tray, I thought that looked cool. But when he popped the trunk he did not complete the brake end yet at that time...remember the car with the fender flares parked next to mine for awhile, it was very cool.

Cheers!

Archived