TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Which Lowering Springs?

bandit67

I'm going to add a set of lowering springs and the Steeda 3rd link. For now, that's the only suspension mod. New shocks may eventually happen, but not for a while.

Should I go with the FRPP SVT Lowering Springs or the Steeda Sport Lowering Springs? What is the difference?

Steedas were recommended, and I saw their lowering springs in action at an autocross event last year on a car that was set up the same way I'm about to set mine up (springs & 3rd link only - very impressive), but I found the FRPP lowering springs for $80 less for the set.

I went with the Steeda springs because they were the only company that had "vert" specific springs, and they have worked flawlessly. I've used Steeda products for decades and never had a complaint.

FRPP makes a great spring as well. I don't think you can go wrong with either spring. I think they lower the car about the same.

I did add BMR LCAs and adjustable pan hard bar when I lowered it. The LCAs address the wheel hop issue and eliminate it. The panhard is a must when lowering it to keep the rearend centered left and right, and again, back in 06 BMR was one of the only companies making the parts for the GT500.

Good luck and let's see some pics when you get them done!

Shelby-0308-New-Wheels.jpg

Shelby-0308-Front-Wheel.jpg

Grabberized-BMR-LCA-and-Pan.jpg

OK, well since this thread is starting to veer a little off course from my original question, I'll make a decision.

The reason for my original post was that I already have a set of the Steedas on order, but they were backordered for a few weeks. In the mean time, I found a set of the FRPP springs for $80 less available sooner.

Hence the question regarding which of the 2 that I should go with. Since I know the Steedas are a good product, I guess I'll just pay the extra $80 and keep my order open. Are they $80 better than the FRPP? I don't know. But I know a lot of "particular" car nuts that swear by the Steeda springs.

Yes I do swear by Steeda products. Have used them for decades. Can't attest to the value ($80 more) other than when I purchase something from them, I'm confident I won't have to be pulling it off anytime soon.

The others on here are right as well. FRPP and Eibach makes a great spring as well. I think it's mostly personal preference. Some guys go exclusively with all FRPP parts, nothing at all wrong with that. For me it was a no brainer to go with Steeda back early on.

I don't think you can go wrong with either spring, from what I have seen both sets lower the car about the same, I don't have spring rate info or I would share it.

And either I'm sure have a good adjustable pan hard bar.

I second the KR motion. As delivered to my doorstep from Buyfordracing for $373.00, an absolute steal.

post-23237-127266297772_thumb.jpg

Just note the difference, for example in rear springs. Stock on left, KR on right...

post-23237-127266306918_thumb.jpg

My '09 with the "as delivered" Skyjacker suspension...

post-23237-127266299142_thumb.jpg

Same vehicle, not long after I completed the installation...

post-23237-127266300859_thumb.jpg

I don't have to worry about hitting a penny with the front spoiler either.

Tob

post-23237-127266297772_thumb.jpg

post-23237-127266299142_thumb.jpg

post-23237-127266300859_thumb.jpg

post-23237-127266306918_thumb.jpg

Archived