TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Taking your car to the next level

Found this on another web site. Is this a good deal, and would you do this to your '07 SGT?

From Fordracingpartsdirect.com I found a 2005-2010 Mustang GT 400hp top end package.

On sale for $3,699.99 with free shipping - list is $4,275.95

Also, assuming I go this direction what would you think a good mechanic would charge to install this package?

My use would be street only - no track. My existing mods are in my signature.

I don't know how to give you a link to this. I just went to the above listed site and searched top end power package.

Thanks guys.

Found this on another web site. Is this a good deal, and would you do this to your '07 SGT?

From Fordracingpartsdirect.com I found a 2005-2010 Mustang GT 400hp top end package.

Also, assuming I go this direction what would you think a good mechanic would charge to install this package?

I don't know how to give you a link to this. I just went to the above listed site and searched top end power package.

Thanks guys.

here's the link

http://www.fordracingpartsdirect.com/Ford_Racing_2005_2010_Mustang_GT_Top_End_Package_p/m-fr4-s197.htm

It's all a question of how you want to go about it. This goes a little deeper into the engine than I want to go at this point. (Price looks good, but don't forget to add labor costs for install unless your DIY)

For my money, a supercharger will do just fine. Essentially, just bolt it on and your done!

Sam

I looked at some engine mods for my car originally, but ending up with the SC package. You'll have close to $5,500 to $6,000 in that package with installation labor.

If you're on a budget of $5,000 or $6,000, a Procharger supercharger would be close to the same price range with installation and have more bang for the buck. I believe the 550 HP Whipple kits can be purchased for around $7,500 installed.

I think I would stick with the Whipple on a Shelby car...if I had a standard Mustang, I might consider the E-Force or something else, but Whipple or Paxton seems to be the Shelby approved models, so I would stick with those...

The Head, Cam, Intake, TB and valve covers deal is not bad for someone who can do it themselves and has access to custom tuning....I'm capable of doing it myself, but the tuning becomes a whole nother issue out here in West Texas...

I have the whipple 550 and keeps your engine warrenty if ford or Shelby does it. It's what I did and love it and still full warrenty with 550 hp!

Did you do a local Phoenix install or to keep the warranty does it have to go to Vegas?

For those that have suggested the Whipple - thanks, I'm leaning that way.

I like the heads/cam setup myself, mainly because it fits in with the retro-style and flavor approach I am taking with my SGT.

That personal preference aside.....can anybody shed more light on something I think I heard or read some time ago, namely that this N/A combination is often tricky to get past emissions standards?

I am in the Peoples' Republic of New York where emissions standards are high and I don't want any hassles.

Any factual info from the brotherhood?

Kevin

Thanks guys.

I personally like this idea more than adding a blower. I favor the N/A setup and I think your engine will be much better off in the long run. Also, since these are Ford products and if you have a Ford dealer install them, you should retain warranty coverage. Thanks for finding this!!!

Yes, but the 550 REALLY wakes this car up! (We don't need no stinking warrenty!)

AZspeed, nice CSM #!!!

Yep, my CSM could spark another thread. It's one of the first, and it made the showroom floor the day I walked in.

I was making a sales call in the area on a blistering hot day. The Ford dealership was the only retail type business in the area. I went in with hopes of scoring a bottle of water...I got one - for $42,000.00

Take a closer look at the warranty, as long as it's installed by an authorized dealer, the whipple 400 & 475 are warranteed, however, so long as it's installed within 3/36k and it now changes your drivetrain to a 12/12k!

Edelbrock provides 3/36k warranty add on protection for drivetrain at a minimal cost. While at ShelbyFest, spoke to a Wnenn who had an Edelbrock installed on his SGT. Wnenn brought to my attention the Edelbrock warranty (seems the best drivetrain warranty).

I had mine dealer installed at bell ford in phoenix, they said it keeps the warrenty but it changes it, they pay for parts and you pay for labor, and it does cover drive train with the 550, just not labor. I just called and that was their response for the full 36.

• 3 weeks later...

Initially, I thought this would be a waste of money, and I should just keep saving for a blower, but I'm kinda thinking about doing this now.... I would have to finger out getting it tuned obviously, but does anybody know if any special tools are required to do this swap? or if this kit comes with head gaskets and/or any other needed installation items?

I kept looking at it...

needs 08+ coil packs (about $240 new)

08+ plugs (about $67 new for stock plugs)

head gaskets/bolts (about $90)

So now I'm already at almost $4100 for just parts...

The entry level Paxton makes more power for less it seems... oh well.

Archived