TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Shelby GT 350 Confirmed?

:devil: ;-)

Hi Chris, goin' to Dearborn event?? Hope so ;) Just got into RSVP ...great group of folks!

Geez, Dan, I got a disinvite!!! :hysterical:

They don't want you pumping me for info! :hysterical:

Seriously, I don't think so, I am pretty busy these days. One day I will make it there! Kind of like a pilgrimage to Mecca! ;)

Geez, Dan, I got a disinvite!!! :hysterical:

They don't want you pumping me for info! :hysterical:

Seriously, I don't think so, I am pretty busy these days. One day I will make it there! Kind of like a pilgrimage to Mecca! ;)

:hysterical:

Glad you're busy and still havin' fun!! ;-)

• 2 months later...
coupe/vert it doesn't matter, just give us some 18" wheel options. you don't want this to look like the SS :peelout:

I agree, it must have it's own identity. The Super Snake is the ultimate muscle car. The GT350 should be the corner carver.

You want 18" wheels? May I ask (specifically) why?

I agree, it must have it's own identity. The Super Snake is the ultimate muscle car. The GT350 should be the corner carver.

You want 18" wheels? May I ask (specifically) why?

specifically-Performance

18" wheels are better for a corner carver, less wheel more rubber. Look at the current Mustang track cars, A47,Griggs, and FR500's all sport 18" wheels. Hell look what the new KR's can do with 18"s and less HP vs the Super Snake with 20's. Even those with the SS change their rear wheels to 18's to get a better track time. Here's a link to the Ford FR500's all sporting 18" wheels. http://www.fordracingparts.com/mustang/com...ionhomepage.asp

Oh, I agree with that.

For me, I wanted to know how you were thinking. Some guys just like the aesthetics. For me, it's all about function over form, so I agree that 18" would perform much better.

That is the specific reason I like the 18s, and for you, it's the same.

What? You don't want the TRX suspension on this? :hysterical:

Sorry, I was a BIG fan of the TRX. I had an 84 Mustang (GT350, one of 936) convertible with the TRX. If you don't know it, the tires were a specific ratio to the suspension. I know some guys who switched tires to standard size (to save $$$), but they were never happy after that.

Sure the tires cost a bundle, but that car handled really nicely! The diameter of these rims was 15.4", so you got soaked every time you needed tires.

I still miss it...

Chris

Archived