TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Shelby GT 350 Confirmed?

See :rockon: Amy Boylan's comment :rockon: here:

http://forum.shelbyautos.com/index.php?showtopic=619

So, the Shelby GT350 is coming!!! :drool: :beerchug: But when?!?!?

Will there be a 'vert??????

Edit: confirmed as "on the table", but not even in the planning stages yet. :wacko: :cry:

That engine that Robert featured would sure fit the bill. There's a 400HP NA 5.0 modular at FRP for $14995 (not the manracer motor) -- same price for as for the GT500 motor ;-)

That engine that Robert featured would sure fit the bill. There's a 400HP NA 5.0 modular at FRP for $14995 (not the manracer motor) -- same price for as for the GT500 motor ;-)

Funny you should say that. I started milling a Titanium block myself. Block weighs 12 pounds and can handle 7,800 HP :o .

The problem is that I used tin pistons, so I cannot exceed 42 HP currently. Maybe I should start over again... :hysterical:

Seriously......you & me think alike when it comes to the Boss/GT350 lines....I sure hope Ford is listening. They could have 2 winners on their hands. But what do we know? :shrug: :beerchug:

Now, we just need some sort of "announcement".....

Now, we just need some sort of "announcement".....

Robert knows more on the Bullitt... you'll have to put bamboo shoots under his nails while making him watch the video of the guy whose kid put his '500 thru the garage door... over and over and over ...untill he tells all :hysterical:

It is already here! Check out the pics...

Actually this car is only a V6. It is at Bickford ford in Washington. Same dealership that has all the gt500s. I think they had two like this. Posers.

Anyone can put G.T 350 stripes on .

Anyone can put G.T 350 stripes on .

I actually have a spare set that I have been considering putting on my lawn tractor, but I am afraid it might go a little too fast.... :hysterical:

Robert knows more on the Bullitt... you'll have to put bamboo shoots under his nails while making him watch the video of the guy whose kid put his '500 thru the garage door... over and over and over ...untill he tells all :hysterical:

I did pick up some Bamboo shoots to stuff under Robert's nails...just in case. Thanks for the tip! :hysterical2:

Yeah, I have that video on my laptop :stats: juuuuust in case....

It is already here! Check out the pics...

Actually this car is only a V6. It is at Bickford ford in Washington. Same dealership that has all the gt500s. I think they had two like this. Posers.

The door ding strip on the side looks out of place :doh: IMO.

• 1 month later...
Chris, GT350 or Bullitt?

-Dan

GT350. I just don't feel that this is coming any time soon, from all indicators. I believe the Bullitt will be announced by year's end as an '08. Don't even ask me why. I really don't know why...

Does that make me a visionary, or just crazy? :shrug: I think the latter...

GT350. I just don't feel that this is coming any time soon, from all indicators. I believe the Bullitt will be announced by year's end as an '08. Don't even ask me why. I really don't know why...

Does that make me a visionary, or just crazy? :shrug: I think the latter...

<lol> thanks, Chris... aren't we all! ;)

Will be interesting to see how Ford treats the GT350, because it started out as a true racer, but 5 years later it still MSRP'd essentially the same(!) but was more just a low-end of the gentrified Ford-Shelby (no dis intended).

I suspect the CS6 was SA's intended GT350 -- before the marketing agreement with Ford de-railed putting the to-be-scrapped 4.0L on a hi-po pedistal.

Still, maybe the GT350 could be the Shelby-spun version of the li'l Boss? I think that would work nicely, but who knows?

Will be interesting to see how Ford treats the GT350, because it started out as a true racer, but 5 years later it still MSRP'd essentially the same(!) but was more just a low-end of the gentrified Ford-Shelby (no dis intended).

I suspect the CS6 was SA's intended GT350 -- before the marketing agreement with Ford de-railed putting the to-be-scrapped 4.0L on a hi-po pedistal.

Still, maybe the GT350 could be the Shelby-spun version of the li'l Boss? I think that would work nicely, but who knows?

In my mind, they could serve a similar purpose...but I keep asking "why" would Ford introduce these 2 so close together.

For the fan bases of each? Probably

Or introducing the GT350 as a gentrified Shelby (like '67) and leaving the true road-racing nature for the Boss? Probably

Who knows what they are thinking. I thought the Shelby GT (with S/C) was the near-perfect fit as a GT350 (comfy, 500 lbs lighter than the '500), but who am I?

Maybe they are waiting to drop the 4.6 S/C terminator motor in the Shelby GT (would be absolutely perfect, my dream, IMO, if they keep the weight the same-ish). I don't truly know what the deal is here anymore!!!

Rant over! :hysterical:

I need a sedative... :wacko:

Yeah, it's strange... since the '65 GT350s were serious track-cars -- too serious for the average buyer back then. And it was 2005 (40th anniv) when SA first offered the GT350CS6 <lol>

:ohsnap: Sure hope they don't wait for the 50th!

Of course the one thing everyone seems to agree on is lighter

• 2 weeks later...
Yeah, it's strange... since the '65 GT350s were serious track-cars -- too serious for the average buyer back then. And it was 2005 (40th anniv) when SA first offered the GT350CS6 <lol>

:ohsnap: Sure hope they don't wait for the 50th!

Of course the one thing everyone seems to agree on is lighter

Lighter for Boss and lighter for the '350. I don't think we'll have to wait too long for these, maybe a year or two max?

• 8 months later...

well...been watching this thread for damn near a year now and still nothing (news wise)...the gt350 excites me far more then the gt500 especially with the weight difference..hopefully shelby gets the gt350 in production soon...i cannnot stand the looks of the gtcs or the shelby gt..i just dont get shelby gt...1 thing i want the old chicken farmer to fix is to get rid of that worthless fake gas cap..that is the dumbest piece of crap i have seen in a long long time.(if dodge can figure it out why cant ford?)..let us please have the fuel filler cap where it belongs-on the bass end..

well...been watching this thread for damn near a year now and still nothing (news wise)...the gt350 excites me far more then the gt500 especially with the weight difference..hopefully shelby gets the gt350 in production soon...i cannnot stand the looks of the gtcs or the shelby gt..i just dont get shelby gt...1 thing i want the old chicken farmer to fix is to get rid of that worthless fake gas cap..that is the dumbest piece of crap i have seen in a long long time.(if dodge can figure it out why cant ford?)..let us please have the fuel filler cap where it belongs-on the bass end..

Sorry, but are you saying that there is a late model Dodge that has a functioning, rear mounted, fuel filler port? Not the Viper; because it's fuel port is on it's right rear fender. I could be wrong, but I don't think that there are any late model cars in the world that have a rear mounted, functioning fuel filler port since the D.O.T. and the T.U.G. banned them about 25 years ago. If I recall, it had something to do with Pintos exploding after being rear ended.

The GT350 will debut in 2010, but don't expect the body style of the refreshed Stang to be radically different in appearance than the current body style.

But if you don't mind me asking, besides the fake gas cap, what else don't you like or get about the GTCS or the SGT? What do you think of the GT500?

Curious... what don't you like about the looks of the S-GT and its siblings (besides the faux filler which isn't likely going to change sine the gas tank just isn't back there)?

Dan

i like all mustangs and have for 30 years..no i dont like the shelby gt (the jc whitney hood scoop is a big negative for me) or the california special...i am also not a huge fan of the new gt500 either..when gt 500 were around and not covered up in a museum i rode in em..buddies had gt 500's and big block cobra jet mach 1's..i have always loved the 65 and 66 gt 350's..they handled well (far far better then the straight line gt500) and had more then enuff horsepower for me and surely wish shelby would give us a modern version that looks like a gt350 of yore...i liked the clone prototype in a subsequent thread and sure wish shelby would give us a gt350 like the clone prototype..as state elsewhere the fake gas cap in the bass end has to go as well...i would seriously consider a shelby gt350 if the chicken farmer builds 1 and gives me the chance to buy 1..i never liked challengers so that is out...however the new camero has some potential....i had a 70 boss so if ford does the new boss right (if ever) i would probably part with some mullah on the new boss..alas..shelby gt350 would be my first choice..........

Boss likely 1H'09 as a '10MY on the refresh'd mustang with a serious motor, imo. We shall see...

The GT350 will almost certainly (my take) be built off a similar base (remember, SAI doesn't biuld 'em from scratch) that Ford will run down the line as a special option so SAI can build off it with less take-offs. Just my take, but I think the writing is on the wall (literally, at SAI <lol>).

Now about that vintage GT350... that has the funkiest scoup on planet earth! ...and I liked it's race-ruggedness -- but the S-GT and CS clearly emulate it (rivets vs screws, your choice <lol>).

For me, the BOSS is the most anticipated modern Mustang -- I love the GT500, but the BOSS touches all my curve-carving craves, whether I can afford one or not. ;-)

The chicken farmer is moving a little slower these days so he's been havin' some of "the boys" help with the chores :P

Dan

im with you 100% on the boss...lets hope it happens...also want a a gt350..no matter the outcome..i most assuradly will not bash any shelby gt, california specil or gt 500 owners..the new ones are just fine and glad to see shelbys on the street again after 30 years of nothing..

i like all mustangs and have for 30 years..no i dont like the shelby gt (the jc whitney hood scoop is a big negative for me) or the california special...i am also not a huge fan of the new gt500 either..when gt 500 were around and not covered up in a museum i rode in em..buddies had gt 500's and big block cobra jet mach 1's..i have always loved the 65 and 66 gt 350's..they handled well (far far better then the straight line gt500) and had more then enuff horsepower for me and surely wish shelby would give us a modern version that looks like a gt350 of yore...i liked the clone prototype in a subsequent thread and sure wish shelby would give us a gt350 like the clone prototype..as state elsewhere the fake gas cap in the bass end has to go as well...i would seriously consider a shelby gt350 if the chicken farmer builds 1 and gives me the chance to buy 1..i never liked challengers so that is out...however the new camero has some potential....i had a 70 boss so if ford does the new boss right (if ever) i would probably part with some mullah on the new boss..alas..shelby gt350 would be my first choice..........

PLEASE show some respect to Mr. Shelby & STOP calling him chicken farmer, he has earned the respect & right to be called better then that.

• 6 months later...

The Boss would no doubt be cool, Dan!

For me, if the GT350 came out with either a '65 scoop (molded into the hood, 1 piece) or a '67 hood (2 scoops, centered), or even a '69 hood (1 ram air- centered, 4 vents) would be cool. Without killing the bank account, lightweight wheels would be a plus to keep unsprung weight to a minimum, too!

To me, it's not exactly about the styling as the function. I would actually like the bodywork to be basic, with more emphasis placed on the performance, weight distribution, function over form and overall mechanics of the car-- much like the '65 was.

You know, the K.I.S.S. principal (keep it simple, stupid).

Just my .02

The Boss would no doubt be cool, Dan!

For me, if the GT350 came out with either a '65 scoop (molded into the hood, 1 piece) or a '67 hood (2 scoops, centered), or even a '69 hood (1 ram air- centered, 4 vents) would be cool. Without killing the bank account, lightweight wheels would be a plus to keep unsprung weight to a minimum, too!

To me, it's not exactly about the styling as the function. I would actually like the bodywork to be basic, with more emphasis placed on the performance, weight distribution, function over form and overall mechanics of the car-- much like the '65 was.

You know, the K.I.S.S. principal (keep it simple, stupid).

Just my .02

+1

+2

OK, let's play connect the dots! ;-)

Latest rumors: '10MY 'stang with early '09 J1, BOSS to follow in summer with 5.0L revised modular (longer sleeves, beefed alloy block, revised DOHC heads, b/s 3.63x3.65). GDI and GTDI versions rumored in development (NA might replace 4.6 in GT in summer?), with GTDI a very real possibility for the BOSS (I heard: "if any car gets [the GTDI 5.0] mustang will be first."). In fact, some claim to have seen a 5.0TT at SAI (I find that hard to believe, but I was told that by two individuals) ...maybe a Ford prototype(?) ...dunno. All of that has to be considered rumor, but sources (plural) are credible, imo.

I mention this because I'd be surprised if the BOSS and GT350 are not based off a related core build.

Here's another item that might have potential intersect: CTM is studying revising the already-updated and available S197 version of the classic Arning/T5 Mustang IRS to hold 600HP for an upcoming Saleen specialty mustang. I can't help but see potential for a BOSS and/or GT350 option/upfit there (my speculation only) ...if not, maybe there should be.

Would it not be an historic 'back-to-the-future' to see the original Ford-designed mustang IRS (developed for the Shelby racers but shelved in '64 because track-times were no better and mustang sales were at max production capacity anyway) under a new BOSS and/or G350 mustang even as an option? Who knows, 35 years earlier the '65 mustang also got an early-ship and was shown at NYIAS (4/17/64?) ;-) >

There is some exciting and sales-generating potential in all of this, eh? :spiteful: Even with high gas prices a BOSS that gets better milage than the present GT (due to GDI/VVT/revised heads, etc) would be a big hit, imo ...besides, not that many would likely be daily-drivers anyway.

Maybe I just wonder too much. :hysterical: ;-)

Dan

Archived