TEAM SHELBY FORUM

40th Anniversary car at Barrett-Jackson

txlaw

There was a 40th GT500 there for a raffle and any one could examine it closely. I spent some time and this is my honest opinion. First the wheels on this car did not even clear the front calipers. There were wear marks where thy rubbed the calipers. The gauge cluster did not fit the dash very well and really took away from the car. The gauges would be nice but not like this. The one thing that was absolutely awesome was the sill plates. They said 40th anniversary on them and they were gorgeous. It would really be great if Shelby would sell these separately but they probably won't. I believe MGW could make some similar and sell a bunch. It was absolutely the best thing on the car. As soon as I got home I went to the Shelby site to look at the sill plate that they are going to sell with the dash plate and they aren't even close to the 40th Ann. on this car. I wish I could have taken a picture to show you guys how nice they are. But as far as the rest of the appearance goodies I'll pass.

It was a coupe and I think it was blue with white stripes. Also the mirror covers didn't add anything positive to the appearance other than being different. It did not have the brake cooling ducts in the grill which I also think are ugly. I wanted to like the car but other than the sill plates I like mine better.

This is the raffle car that is being offered through Shelby Automotive, claims to be Shelby’s. I have a GO vert due in the beginning of March and considering the upgrade. I can tell you this did not have the full upgrade package as advertised. For instance, none of the “Shelby Caps” found under the hood were intact. The front brake ducks were on, did not notice the rears. It did have a prototype look and the fit and trim would not be acceptable, in my case for 12k+. The car looked a little worn. None-the-less, a vert with this package does look seriously mean……

I sure hope they can do better work when production of the package starts. Post #1 gets me to begin to second guess, then I see Rob is still considering the package and says its cool on a vert. I'm still in 100% but it's begining to give me a head rush thinking about it. Nice sill plates!

Chris

This is the raffle car that is being offered through Shelby Automotive, claims to be Shelby’s. I have a GO vert due in the beginning of March and considering the upgrade. I can tell you this did not have the full upgrade package as advertised. For instance, none of the “Shelby Caps” found under the hood were intact. The front brake ducks were on, did not notice the rears. It did have a prototype look and the fit and trim would not be acceptable, in my case for 12k+. The car looked a little worn. None-the-less, a vert with this package does look seriously mean……

Personally, those 'Shelby Caps' are the fugliest things going. Bulky and cheap looking. Again, my opinion.

I dont see anything special about those, I prefer the SVT sill plates.

SVT built the car afterall

Or any of the Shelby Autos' $12K pimp my ride cosmetic mods on the GT500.

No wonder Ford has remained silent on the so called 40th Anniversary edition rather than cashing in on it.

Archived