TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Track Day- tow bracket & hook

Labor and material cost have now been tabulated- the price of $160 will include shipping to the lower 48 states, and all paypal fees will be waved.. The FRPP tow hooks have been ordered and the first run of 15 Tow Hook Brackets designed for the Shelby GT will begin later this week-

To reserve a Tow Hook Kit send a $50 deposit along with your screen name and ship to address / PAYPAL account: gosho89@yahoo.com / PM me if you would like to send a check and I'll provide an address.

A deduction will be made for shipping if you elect to pick up your kit at the Grabber event (May 29th)

I will keep a running list on this thread for those that have sent deposits and/or paid in full-

FordFan SGT Tow Hook Kit will include the following:

1) FordFan hook loop bracket for Shelby GT or CS

2) Detailed installation instructions

3) Grade 8 mounting hardware

4) M-17954-A FRPP tow hook loop

Thank you-

TS Members deposit received:

andrewnagle1964

pottydr

Brian Campbell (no screen name provided)

Sgt/sc 2873

tpow96

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 256
  • Created
  • Last Reply

SGT Tow hook kits will be shipped the week of May 17th -

Residual payments will be accepted this week unless you plan on picking up at Grabbers (July 29th)- let me know

DEPOSITS RECIEVED:

tpow96

PAID:

andrewnagle1964 - PAID IN FULL

f m sheffield - PAID IN FULL

Sgt/sc 2873 - PAID IN FULL

Matthew Huon (no screen name provided) - PAID IN FULL

pottydr - PAID IN FULL

BCampbell - PAID IN FULL

Thank you-

My installation is complete, the toughest part was drilling the fn bumper support-

Warning!!! That thing is a drill bit eater must be made from titanium... :headscratch:

It takes some sharp drill bits, a powerful drill and some serious muscle to penetrate it..

P5151444.jpg

P5151446.jpg

P5161493.jpg

MY BUDDY STOP BY TO SHOW OFF HIS NEW TRAILER RAMPS, ALSO TO SHOW HOW HE USES HIS TOW HOOK AND WINCH TO LOAD HIS CAR IN HIS TRAILER.

P5151453.jpg

P5151451.jpg

KITS WILL BE SHIPPED ON MONDAY :happy feet:

I probably need to get one of these. Interesting trailer setup. Did he do that just to be able to work underneath the car in the trailer ?

Yes they are 13" high, it also allows clearance to open the car doors over the in board trailer fenders.

The ramps are removeable and can be used on any flat surface.

Yes they are 13" high, it also allows clearance to open the car doors over the in board trailer fenders.

The ramps are removeable and can be used on any flat surface.

I guess this is getting off topic but since you posted it lol....I measured the clearance from the door to the ground and it's about 8.5 inches. All the enclosed trailers I've seen including the one I just bought should be plenty of clearance over the fender boxes which are only like 6 or 7 inches tall. Even so it still doesn't look like enough clearance to open the door and get out from that pic. Sorry for getting off topic, but it was just an observation.

Even so it still doesn't look like enough clearance to open the door and get out from that pic. Sorry for getting off topic, but it was just an observation.

Good point, don't know for sure.

Any other cars in the works? :happy feet:

I'll take 1 of each size to Grabber event (May 29th) to see what may work on the GT500's

How in the world did I miss this thread until today?

Chris

Chris,

You probably were out driving your Shelby (like we all should be doing) !!!!!!

Instead of sitting in front of a friggin computer !!!!!!

I am still waiting on the title so mine is sitting in the garage and I am wasting away on Team Shelby...........

Ughhh

Andrew

How in the world did I miss this thread until today? Are these still available? I want one for sure, will paypal when you say go.

Chris

GO!!

I can ship a kit still this week as soon as I receive your funds

ALL PREPAID ORDERS DID GO OUT TODAY USPS

In the photo it looks like the top of the lower grille has been pushed down some...or is that just the angle of the photo?

The lower grill bolts right back on with just enough clearance :happy feet: that was my goal

The lower grill bolts right back on with just enough clearance :happy feet: that was my goal

Cool...I'd love to have one...don't know why, I'll probably never put my car on a track....Just looks cool...LOL

Oh Well, just as well, can't afford one right now anyway...being out of work for 15 months sucks!

I NEED A JOB!!!

Carl

If you can find an 03/04 Cobra that would be killer, they have a perfect opening for the Hook. :happy feet:

I'll check it out at the next show or club meeting-

Balance sent as well. Should've done it earlier but got busy with non Shelby

things (I know... the horror). I always wanted something to distinguish the

car as a RACE Shelby, since that is why I bought it. Subtle and functional...

perfect. Thanks.

-Tom

Balance sent as well. Should've done it earlier but got busy with non Shelby

things (I know... the horror). I always wanted something to distinguish the

car as a RACE Shelby, since that is why I bought it. Subtle and functional...

perfect. Thanks.

-Tom

Not a minute to soon- You'll be recieving the last FRPP hook I had in inventory-

Never fear!!

I'll be putting in another order in the morning to Ford for more FRPP Hooks, so anyone else that wants a Bracket & Hook Kit can send me a deposits of $50 for the next shipment of complete kits, I'll be shipping the next round in an estimated 2 weeks.

Postal person dropped it off today. Nicely done. Thank you.

Looks like a full day's work for an unhandyman, in spite of the excellent photo instruction pages.

Thanks again.

Frank S

San Diego CA

USA

Postal person dropped it off today. Nicely done. Thank you.

Looks like a full day's work for an unhandyman, in spite of the excellent photo instruction pages.

Thanks again.

Frank S

San Diego CA

USA

Got mine today!!!!

Looks perfect, I plan on waiting to install it until I have another reason to pull the bumper.

Thanks again for stepping up and coming up with the perfect solution

Andrew Nagle

mine came this week while I was out of town. Looks great and can't wait to install. Thanks for you hard work to pull this off! Craig

Thanks everyone-

I'm happy to hear the feedback and to hear they have arrived in a timely matter for everyone :mail:

I'll take a few to Grabbers event to evaluate the fit on a GT500-

A few brackets and hardware only will be available to purchase at Grabbers at a discount since I won't have FRPP tow hooks yet or the expense of shipping/handling.

=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=----

• 2 weeks later...

I picked up one of these brackets from Kerry at Grabber's event this past weekend.

It's very solid and very nice quality. The welds look great.

And I can't wait to get it installed! Nice work Kerry, I'll let ya know how the install goes! happy%20feet.gif

I picked up one of these brackets from Kerry at Grabber's event this past weekend.

It's very solid and very nice quality. The welds look great.

And I can't wait to get it installed! Nice work Kerry, I'll let ya know how the install goes! happy%20feet.gif

Thanks Ken it will look right at home on your SGT,

I picked up more FRPP hooks today, so I'm ready to ship more hook kits next week if there is anyone still in need- These only fit the SGT or California Special valance, once there gone there gone so let me know ASAP.

Limited quanities available $160 shipped-

Thank you-

Can anyone tell what I have been working on today? Kerry wasn't kidding about the drill bits! I thought mine were some of the best until I started drilling. Oh well, just another excuse to buy some more tools. :hysterical: Took a break and will try to finish up later this evening. Craig

post-10682-127569149613_thumb.jpg

post-10682-127569149613_thumb.jpg

Archived