TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Crimson II is Finally HOME!

TwinTurboBoss

Its been exciting having others post that the dream car they ordered has finally come in.

What has been one of the largest roller coaster rides of my life has given birth to CRIMSON II. The name of my new ride.

A friend & I took a drive for kicks this morning making believe we would see my Shelby on our little trip. ya right'

On the way back we stopped along side freeway at the local Jack n' the box. My stomach was in knots so decided not to eat. I sat down in corner booth then had something telling me to look up and.......... there way down street was a car transport. I got up and went and told my friend who was standing in line there was a transport coming up street and felt my car may be on it. For some reason I took my camera with me this day.

What a shocker to see the truck go by with a red/silver shelby on back bottom slot. I ran out of jack in the' xxxx.. not sure how we ended up at this particular Jack in the xxxx but it was directly across street from Ford dealer. :hysterical::hysterical2:

This what I first saw as I stepped out doors, time was 12:36:04

IMG_3948.jpg

It took me a bit better than 30 seconds to get across street and take this pic

IMG_3949.jpg

I will leave out the rest of story for now as not too pleasant but here Is what I saw a bit after 3pm

IMG_3971.jpg

Crimson II sitting where it belongs... in ITS driveway.

All I can say at this point is LOVE the car looked it over and over and over and found NO flaws!

Fit & Finish is nothing short of incredible. The NAV system is a Gotta Have'

The Nav system will keep me entertained until the snow goes away (within next 11 months)

I have been using what I thought was top of line Garmin GPS but this thing puts it in the beginner circle.

More when I can.. post # 429 which I will add CJ to...

FoMoCo needs a BIG pat on back for what they have done for me on this car and for just bringing this car to market!!

F o M o C o

Maybe some day we can get Paul Harvey to tell rest of story..

Thank you Michelle for all your help! You really were a BIG help in this.

Its been exciting having others post that the dream car they ordered has finally come in.

What has been one of the largest roller coaster rides of my life has given birth to CRIMSON II. The name of my new ride.

A friend & I took a drive for kicks this morning making believe we would see my Shelby on our little trip. ya right'

On the way back we stopped along side freeway at the local Jack n' the box. My stomach was in knots so decided not to eat. I sat down in corner booth then had something telling me to look up and.......... there way down street was a car transport. I got up and went and told my friend who was standing in line there was a transport coming up street and felt my car may be on it. For some reason I took my camera with me this day.

What a shocker to see the truck go by with a red/silver shelby on back bottom slot. I ran out of jack in the' xxxx.. not sure how we ended up at this particular Jack in the xxxx but it was directly across street from Ford dealer. :hysterical::hysterical2:

This what I first saw as I stepped out doors, time was 12:36:04

IMG_3948.jpg

It took me a bit better than 30 seconds to get across street and take this pic

IMG_3949.jpg

I will leave out the rest of story for now as not too pleasant but here Is what I saw a bit after 3pm

IMG_3971.jpg

Crimson II sitting where it belongs... in ITS driveway.

All I can say at this point is LOVE the car looked it over and over and over and found NO flaws!

Fit & Finish is nothing short of incredible. The NAV system is a Gotta Have'

The Nav system will keep me entertained until the snow goes away (within next 11 months)

I have been using what I thought was top of line Garmin GPS but this thing puts it in the beginner circle.

More when I can.. post # 429 which I will add CJ to...

FoMoCo needs a BIG pat on back for what they have done for me on this car and for just bringing this car to market!!

F o M o C o

Maybe some day we can get Paul Harvey to tell rest of story..

Thank you Michelle for all your help! You really were a BIG help in this.

What an incredible story and how lucky could u be to see the transport coming down the road with your car ! :happy feet: ....

Beautiful car ... Congratulations on getting it.

dond

Wow! Just W O W! :hyper:

I don't think I've been anywhere near this excited since I brought my '95 home, and that story pales in comparison to yours. I'm just *so* happy that Crimson II has turned out to be everything you were hoping for. I'm equally as happy that Ford Motor did you right, and built you a flawless vehicle.

BOOYAH!

As far as any help I was able to provide, you're most certainly welcome! Reading this story is something I've been anxiously awaiting for quite sometime, and seeing it come to fruition is wonderful! :yup:

You're well aware I envy your collection and all, but let's add something else to the list. Jack in the Box! All of my western friends have taunted me with the "Jack in the Box is the BOMB" line since about 1998. Unfortunately, we don't have the Jack in the Box around here. Nor do we have a Bojangles, which I'm told is also delicious.

But anyhow, congrats! Crimson II is in the hizzouse! :happy feet:

"a little birdie tells me my car is comming today" . :hysterical:

Can you please send that bird over to Battleground, Washington....please.

TTB, I am happy for you. What a nice photo to have of your car. Great catch.

I am needing to see some more photos, you have a rare stripe combo that I like.

Also a special thatnks for all the help you give the members here on this site tracking down the rail cars and delivery routes. This means so much to us all. YDM.

Enjoy your new beautiful Shelby GT500. :shift:

"a little birdie tells me my car is comming today" . :hysterical:

Can you please send that bird over to Battleground, Washington....please.

TTB, I am happy for you. What a nice photo to have of your car. Great catch.

I am needing to see some more photos, you have a rare stripe combo that I like.

Also a special thatnks for all the help you give the members here on this site tracking down the rail cars and delivery routes. This means so much to us all. YDM.

Enjoy your new beautiful Shelby GT500. :shift:

thanks all more pics soon.

Grabber, I put out a little treat for the birdie and hopefully soon will fly over to the battleground for another battle. when you see poop on your birthday cake you will know the bird is near. How does the saying go. Something like "Happy Shelby day and may the bird of paradise

POOP all over your Shelby cake"

Congrats once again TwinTurboBoss.

I enjoyed the jack-in-the-Box story ... that's Priceless after all you've gone thru with FoMoCo & your dealer after the last car (GT500) was a engineering reject. Glad everything worked out for you & your now a happy FORD Family member again.

what makes the story even more priceless is what led up to this

Here are a couple Jack in the pics. did not realize I even had these with jack in the in the back ground.

IMG_3953.jpg

IMG_3956.jpg

Congrats TTB, I know the feeling...of the long wait and then the car finally arriving. I really like the red/ silver combo. Are you planning any mods? I'm sure you will be satisfied either way. Good Luck, Bud. Drive Fast but Drive Safe. :shift:

Congrats TTB, I know the feeling...of the long wait and then the car finally arriving. I really like the red/ silver combo. Are you planning any mods? I'm sure you will be satisfied either way. Good Luck, Bud. Drive Fast but Drive Safe. :shift:

only mod I need now is a large propane fired heater to dry the roads in front of me :hysterical2:

and or a nice sized plow of some sort

Its actually above freezing today which makes for even worse roads

actually svt keith I would like to lower car first with most likely the FRPP kit

It needs another 100hp too

what makes the story even more priceless is what led up to this

Here are a couple Jack in the pics. did not realize I even had these with jack in the in the back ground.

IMG_3953.jpg

IMG_3956.jpg

Great your Shelby is finally home in your hands .....enjoy it , drive it, and all the good luck in the world ,,,,........very nice color combo ........vey nice.......

Congrats TTB !!!

What a GREAT STORY.

Now all you need to do is talk very very nice to Mother Nature.....

Maybe she will bring on some sunshine for your ride!!!

I would also like to see pics of your NAV...

Does it fit in all 2007 dashes or has there been mods???

MTNTOM

Would like to see some pics of the NAV system when you get a chance. I haven't seen an interior with it yet. Thanks.

I will get some pics after dinner.

even better pick any address and I can punch it in. continental US and canada

DVD based so completely diff from any other FoMoCo systems. New for 2007

I already have Miller Motorsports Park for SAAC 32 programmed in..

This is an awesome system and would be my very first option pic if I were to order another car

You may have seen people bad mouth system but they are obvious talking about the old system and not the new for 07 DVD based touch screen

as you will notice it is also touch screen for all radio functions and also shows the current station id and name along with a zillion other functions not avail on other systems. also note the entire face lifts up for access. you can also store an unreal amt of info on system and enter a password so it cannot be accessed by anyone but whom you give password do

I used Miller Motorsports Park as an example because am making plans to attend the SAAC 32 in conjunction with the SCTOA meet there this summer

IMG_3995.jpg

IMG_3996.jpg

IMG_3997.jpg

IMG_3998.jpg

IMG_3999.jpg

IMG_4000.jpg

I'm really glad to hear that you got your car TTB. Looks great and the Nav sys. looks really cool, remember - Keep your eyes on the road.

I cant believe that you spotted it on the transport truck, whats the chances of that happening.

What other changes did they make? Suspension - Details please.

That package I am sending you, should be on its way VIA Purolator tomorrow. I'll e mail you the shipping details.

The susp. tweek is a re-tune of the 4 shocks only.

As Grabber says I think its just to the compression on shock but could also be rebound.

Does anyone have numbers off shocks of early car?

I will put mine up on hoist in a few minutes and see if there is a visual diff. I think its an entirely different shock the same or similar to M-18000-C

FRPP shock made by multimatic corp

I'm really glad to hear that you got your car TTB. Looks great and the Nav sys. looks really cool, remember - Keep your eyes on the road.

I cant believe that you spotted it on the transport truck, whats the chances of that happening.

What other changes did they make? Suspension - Details please.

That package I am sending you, should be on its way VIA Purolator tomorrow. I'll e mail you the shipping details.

thanks rbortnick.

was wishing for a drive in car but very foggy this morning and roads are very icey. May get a chance before rpretzels car is delivered. :hysterical2:

Oh great. I've become a punchline. :doh::hysterical2:

rpretzel, Just think how valuable your car will be though.......

as its most likely to be the last 07 off line :hysterical2::hysterical:

please let me know when you get the car so I know it will be some time after that when roads will be clear here and I can actually take it out of garage :hysterical2:

on another note how far are you from sterling? I have a friend there I plan on visiting this summer

Archived