TEAM SHELBY FORUM

2007 GTH LIGHT BAR VINYL CRACKING

Hello, I own a 2007 GTH convertible with 5,300.- miles on it still under the factory warranty 3/36000. The car has always been garage-kept and has spent it's entire life in the northeast (no hot Florida sun). The light bar vinyl is splitting on both sides near the base where it meets the interior panels. There are two splits on each side about 4 inches long. My local Ford service manager says it's not covered under the Ford warranty nor will they even try to repair it because it is a Shelby aftermarket part not sold and installed by Ford. Any suggestions as to who at Shelby I should get in contact with ? Thank you.

I too own a low mileage GTH and have several splits in my lightbar and was told by a dealer that this is a defect created in the manufacturing process. My plan is to discuss this with the staff at Shelby next month when I visit the plant. I'll let you know what I find out but wouldnt hold out hope that it will be replaced.

I too own a low mileage GTH and have several splits in my lightbar and was told by a dealer that this is a defect created in the manufacturing process. My plan is to discuss this with the staff at Shelby next month when I visit the plant. I'll let you know what I find out but wouldnt hold out hope that it will be replaced.

Contact CDC and see what they say. They created them. Also I would appreciate seeing some pics. I just installed one on my car.

• 3 months later...

I contacted CDC and sent them pictures. They believe that the splits are actually cuts from when the light bar was unpacked. I have sent them my lightbar to be recovered. $65 plus shipping. It cost me $60 to box and ship to Novi Michigan. Lots better than the $425 for a new one.

They have been very helpful. Obviously, I cannot prove what happened, but the splits are very clean cuts. I am just please with the fact I can get fixed.

CLASSIC DESIGN CONCEPTS IS A GREAT COMPANY. THE KING OF THE

COMPANY IS GEORGE ; PUN INTENDED. HE OFFERS GREAT PRODUCTS AND

SERVICES. I HAVE OWNED 4 COBRA CONVERTIBLES WITH THE CDC LIGHT

BARS WITHOUT EVER HAVING A PROBLEMS. :happy feet:

SCOTTY. :salute:

I noticed my light bar is cracked also. I took the car to the dealership and they were at a total loss on how to find a part # or anything about it. Just kept saying we can't find a light bar listed for a 2007 mustang. I bought an extended warranty so I hope I can get the dealer to pay for the replacement. Also, I've noticed my hood is cracked on the top on the drivers side. Dealership said a cracked hood isn't covered by warranty.

Archived