TEAM SHELBY FORUM

KBB Shelby GT Value

Sadlerb_98

I think I used NADA when I bought mine last fall. It showed like $32K or so I think.... Last I checked, only one of KBB or NADA even had the SGT listed now... But that value is probably pretty accurate, one guy posted in Feb this year that he bought one with like 3500 miles for $21,700. Mine didn't cost much more than that last fall... a new body style going in to the second year means many more people are going to be buying that style used, and our '05-'09 value is going to continue to drop.

Low to mid 20s for a low miles great condition SGT is about right. The KBB and NADA numbers

posted on other threads with this same subject have been out of whack for a while. They probably

just got to adjusting those accordingly. If you are worried about depreciation, then you will only

feel worse later because it will keep going down. Based on similar cars I've researched, expect

the price to settle in the low teens 5-10 years form now. Until then, enjoy the heck out of it.

-Tom

Here is the March 2010 NADA page, on the right is the car values and the left what you add for mileage. I just bought mine yesterday (2007 Shelby GT Black with Silver stripes). I got it for $25,500 it had 1,370 miles on it. They were going for about $26K to $29K. So I would say that $21 is a great deal. My seller was asking $26 and that was the 2nd lowest I found in the last month or so. One guy was asking $23,500 but he was under priced. He never returned my 2nd call to him, I was the 3rd person who inquired, his had 6,500 miles. All others I saw were asking between$27k - $29K with a couple around 30-31 also.

The economy is very bad and that has affected the prices. There are a bunch of Hertz Shelbys for sale around the country and they are having a hard time getting 33K. The ones on ebay are not going over 31k, 32k max. A few of them have told me their reserve prices and they are mostly around 35k to 37k with not one person coming close. Many of these guys dont think the economy affects these car prices but they do. You can see on the NADA page that the Shelby GT's should be about 32k-33k.

post-28413-12721471757_thumb.jpg

post-28413-12721471757_thumb.jpg

I found the same, ford dealer and nada say 29-31 book on a low mileage 2007 gt, I just bought one with 14,000 miles on it for 25,500 also. It did come with 4.5 years of waranty so I thought It was a good deal. I guess after seeing it I wanted it pretty bad also!!

I don't believe that the book value shown is really an accurate value. I think that the vaulues of our Shelby's are really underestimated.

OK I'll bite: why do you think they are underestimated (if by underestimated you mean their values are higher

than shown)?

Everything I've read/researched shows the values going down, as it is with all new cars (there are very

few exceptions, the Ford GT being one). But since we are all keeping them forever, it shouldn't really

matter, right? Joking aside, that would be one way to keep values from dropping: no supply with even

just a little demand.

-Tom

Up in Minnesota you don't see many for sale so I think that helps the value out. I just saw a white 07 with 17,000 miles on auto trader and the party is asking 29,000 for it. It would be interesting to see what they get for it.

Coldfingers

OK I'll bite: why do you think they are underestimated (if by underestimated you mean their values are higher

than shown)?

Everything I've read/researched shows the values going down, as it is with all new cars (there are very

few exceptions, the Ford GT being one). But since we are all keeping them forever, it shouldn't really

matter, right? Joking aside, that would be one way to keep values from dropping: no supply with even

just a little demand.

-Tom

I fully understand that values go down. And yes, I do plan on keeping my SGT forever. I am just saying that I think our Shelby's should show a higher value. It isn't a normal Mustang, not just another GT. I'm not saying at all that the value should be what we paid at this point, but not as low as it is either.

I fully understand that values go down. And yes, I do plan on keeping my SGT forever. I am just saying that I think our Shelby's should show a higher value. It isn't a normal Mustang, not just another GT. I'm not saying at all that the value should be what we paid at this point, but not as low as it is either.

Mine will never be sold.

I don't care if the value drops down to $10K.

Never ever, no matter the "current value" is.

Gotcha... I absolutely agree on the premium of the SGT will always hold against the Mustang GT. Just

for fun, I crunched some numbers. I calculated there was an appx. 25% premium on the sticker price

of the SGT over the Mustang GT when new (certain options would skew that a bit). So on Edmunds.com

I ran the current numbers of a 2007 Mustang GT with equivalent stats as mine: black, 5000 miles, outstanding

condition, and same options. Came to appx. 20K dealer retail price. Multiply that by 125%, and you get

a dealer retail price of appx. 25K for the SGT. Seems about right for what a dealer might ask; wholesale and

private party prices would be less, but still at the 25% premium.

But I'm glad everyone reading this thread has agreed that we're keeping them forever. I want to keep

the above a theoretical exercise for all of us.

-Tom

I only look at the NADA or KBB to see what the bank will loan on the car in question.

This is what I go by when I price a car to a customer ... provided its not a rare or

classic car. When it comes to rare or classic cars you will get whatever somebody

will pay for it.

I think these live TV auctions have gave a lot of people false hopes as to what their

cars are worth. There are only a few people in the market that will pay these high

prices for those cars and why do they pay that? Because they want it, not because

that is what it is worth, as I stated before. IMHO!

My SGT to me is priceless no matter what the used car guide says. I will never sell

it!

Kevin

07SGT2591

I think these live TV auctions have gave a lot of people false hopes as to what their

cars are worth. There are only a few people in the market that will pay these high

prices for those cars and why do they pay that? Because they want it, not because

that is what it is worth, as I stated before. IMHO!

My SGT to me is priceless no matter what the used car guide says. I will never sell

it!

Kevin

07SGT2591

I would be happy getting 5-10% of what this guy paid for his SGT

My link

fyi, a friend of mine(used car dealer) who goes to the dealer auctions every week(northeast/nj/pa) told me he just watched a white '07 SGT with 5k miles on it, sell for $28k, and thats "wholesale"........so if you're selling, dont be so quick to take a low-ball offer, especially if u have a clean lo-mile sgt!! :D

fyi, a friend of mine(used car dealer) who goes to the dealer auctions every week(northeast/nj/pa) told me he just watched a white '07 SGT with 5k miles on it, sell for $28k, and thats "wholesale"........so if you're selling, dont be so quick to take a low-ball offer, especially if u have a clean lo-mile sgt!! :D

Hopefully the prices are starting to come back up just for the sake of the value of our cars but that will sit on a dealers lot with a 31k-32k price tag. Maybe they will get some offers for 30k. People just don't have the money to splurge on luxury items in this economy. That's how I got my SGT at a good price. If this was maybe 3-5 years from now and hopefully the economy is much better I would not be able to afford a car like this. This is my take on the situation. Best thing is if you bought one of these cars as an investment is to hold on to it for a while longer, a long while.

I don't think 99% of people in the car business even know what the hell a SGT is. Oddly, your friend knows what they are, and did not buy it for $28K. Doesn't that kind of tell you something? Those little black books that show wholesale values DONT list it. Those people at the used car auctions bidding have to just guess somewhere between a GT and a GT500 and hope they aren't wrong.

I don't think 99% of people in the car business even know what the hell a SGT is. Oddly, your friend knows what they are, and did not buy it for $28K. Doesn't that kind of tell you something? Those little black books that show wholesale values DONT list it. Those people at the used car auctions bidding have to just guess somewhere between a GT and a GT500 and hope they aren't wrong.

My friend knows what the car is, he's been running the used car lot at a "ford" dealership for many, many years....and not odd at all that he wouldnt buy it cause his place doesnt do real well with any pricy/flashy/specialty-type cars, very conservative place(and owner), that deals mainly with family cars, suv's and light trucks....

• 3 weeks later...

I don't know how the market is in any other area but we just bought a 2007 Shelby GT with 4200 miles two or three weeks ago. When we purchased the car the dealer pulled the NADA summary with the VIN# Base value at clean retail was 28,925 and they added 3,350 for low mileage and 2,300 for accessories which brought it to 34,575. We scanned the copy and you can see what the dealer we bought from was showing us.

scan0001.pdf

scan0001.pdf

I don't know how the market is in any other area but we just bought a 2007 Shelby GT with 4200 miles two or three weeks ago. When we purchased the car the dealer pulled the NADA summary with the VIN# Base value at clean retail was 28,925 and they added 3,350 for low mileage and 2,300 for accessories which brought it to 34,575. We scanned the copy and you can see what the dealer we bought from was showing us.

Thanks for the info... it is a classic example of why I don't "buy" into the NADA values.

My SGT that I bought last August is almost identical to the one shown here (Mileage, Calif. Pkg, no Nav).

I bought it off a fellow TS member out in CA for about the Clean Trade-In Base Value. Everything at the time

indicated this was a good private party price. Now I can certainly understand the difference between the

Clean Trade-In and Clean Retail Base Values, as dealers have to pay bills. But the Mileage and Accessories

numbers seem excessive. The TS member who sold it had it listed here on TS and on eBay, so any dealer

employee in the country (including some on these forums) could've seen that $5K+ difference and said,

hmm... that's pure profit if I buy it at $25K. But that certainly didn't happen.

It would be great if MM or others with NADA knowledge could chime in about this without revealing trade

secrets.

Regardless, the good news is that I'm taking a printout of the PDF directly to my insurnace company today;

just want to keep them on top of any shred of increased value for my car.

-Tom

Just keep your Shelby till you die and then you don't have to worry about that!

Just keep your Shelby till you die and then you don't have to worry about that!

100% with you on that... I'm keeping it even if it's only worth $1. But should something happen

to it, after a socially (on this site) acceptable mourning period, I'll go buy another SGT and use

the difference in the real world cost vs. the NADA value (as insured) to mod the heck out of it.

I'm presuming this thread can help those who are in the market for one, or unfortunate souls

who must sell one.

-Tom

No I did not pay very much for our car. We paid $24,000 with TTL ......I thought that I got a great deal but who knows. Seems like no matter what you buy someone in the long run gets bent over. The way I look at it is when I went to my credit union and asked for 24,000 and showed them that PDF they said OK here is the money go get the car. So I take it that I had positive equity in the car to begin with.

Yeah, the entire car market has been hit hard, including the performance segment. I'm not sure I'd ever buy a newer car as a true investment- I have too much fun working on and driving them.

Just remember, that the Shelby name is invaluable to the right buyer- if you choose to sell several years down the road.

Archived