TEAM SHELBY FORUM

No 350?

I am really sick of every other Mustang web sites taking every possible shot at Shelby. It is almost like their jealousy consumes them to wish for the demise of the brand.

I used to be active on Brad's site, Ca-Mustangs and others. Their opinions and statements making SAI the evil empire blows me away. I guess they have the right to publish whatever they want, and I have the right not to read it.

I have been to three Bashes, Terlingua, two Nascar races, Knott's Berry Farm with my Shelby extended family. Never have I been treated like anything other than family. (and I don't even own a Shelby - well not quite yet) I guess you get what you give.

From where I sit, Shelby is doing what most companies do - they are doing what it takes to stay in business and make money. I love how people who don't own a business (with have the associated P+L responsibility), think Shelby's prices are high. They should be thankful that they can still buy a new Shelby.

CA-Mustangs, really?? I've met nothing but great people on that forum, and nothing buy great views towards Shelby.

The bottom line is there is something amiss. None of us are privy to whats going on and, we wont know till something actually happens. Rumors serve no purpose, even if they turn out to be true. I love SA, I love Carroll and I love Team Shelby, but, blindly following everything thats fed to us does us no good and frankly, is not good for SA. So, lets sit back and see what happens. Support when we can, help improve otherwise

The bottom line is there is something amiss. None of us are privy to whats going on and, we wont know till something actually happens. Rumors serve no purpose, even if they turn out to be true. I love SA, I love Carroll and I love Team Shelby, but, blindly following everything thats fed to us does us no good and frankly, is not good for SA. So, lets sit back and see what happens. Support when we can, help improve otherwise

Well said Tim.

As for Brad... He's posted things in the past that turned out to be 100% correct. I would not be so quick to dismiss the info and accept it as totally false. It seems more likely that he DOES "know something" but it was an error to post it too soon, and once he did, he probably heard from lawyers and did what he had to do.

It seems we were told that Amy was "on vacation" in her own words, and it would seem as it turned out she was in fact "gone" as been speculated. And she knew it when she said otherwise.

Were we not told this week how GM "repaid all the Government loans with interest"? GM is airing commercials touting this great achievement? As it turns out, that may be just a reshuffling of TARP money and VERY misleading. :redcard:

http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2010/04/23/gm-hot-water-ftc-truth-advertising/

Time will tell on this one. I agree Brad probably should not have posted what he did. But I also think there is something "going on" that you've yet to hear about.

Brad Barnett appeared he was looking for a HUGE marketing ploy for TMS when he did what he did. Not only should he be sued by SA for such a statement without fact because he made people doubt the validity of the production of ther GT350. So even though I don't know this guy, for him to say that pubically on the web is as stupid as it gets and he should get every thing he has coming to him, legally. What an idiot-

Brad Barnett appeared he was looking for a HUGE marketing ploy for TMS when he did what he did. Not only should he be sued by SA for such a statement without fact because he made people doubt the validity of the production of ther GT350. So even though I don't know this guy, for him to say that pubically on the web is as stupid as it gets and he should get every thing he has coming to him, legally. What an idiot-

Let it play out first.... You're speaking as if the cars have been built and delivered already.

Perhaps when people have taken delivery of said vehicles you would be correct. That has not happened yet, has it? So what if this turns out to be true? What would be your response? Hopefully there's no truth to it. Hopefully, he's wrong.

But what if he isn't?

Sued? Don't you think that is a bit ridiculous? He's just was passing on some news that he had heard, just like everyone else on this forum or any other would do. And he made it clear that it was a rumor. Everybody else ran with it and claimed it was etched in stone already. He was just exercising his right of free speech, and everybody complains about the censorship on here. So don't throw him under the bus.

What annoys me is that when it officially comes out that some or all of it is true, a decent number of people who were first to throw the stones, will be thanking him for informing us first, since SAI is trying to keep it hush hush for now.

Just for the record, Im not sure that was Amy posting that about vacation. It may have been, and keep in mind, a needed post to keep the lid on things till the formal announcement. Amy may be contractually obligated to remain silent here. I dont know, pure guessing. That said, Roger is 100% on a real vacation. A much needed one, and I would cut the guy some slack, he just had his house flooded in Rhode Island, and SA has got to be a VERY stressful place to work in his position at this time. I hope he is having a great time!

I still think this is a pointless thread.

Right after the press release I called Amy and we chatted for a couple of minutes. We didn't talk about the Shelby "mess" but just about her. My intention was to call her and hear how she was doing and to say that we love her. She really appreciated it. I said to her that we hope to see her someday again. All the best.

Right after the press release I called Amy and we chatted for a couple of minutes. We didn't talk about the Shelby "mess" but just about her. My intention was to call her and hear how she was doing and to say that we love her. She really appreciated it. I said to her that we hope to see her someday again. All the best.

+1000

I dont know Brad, but its seems some of yall do and yall think hes a good guy. Thats enough for me. But posting what he did wasnt right! I know he said it was a rumor, but folks read things on these forums and to them if they read it on the internet it MUST BE TRUE!!!

I promise if I posted that some big name Mustang guy was going to jail for tax fraud within a few hours EVERY Mustang site would have it as the TRUTH!!

If he turns out to be correct (From talking to ALOT of folks at SA I dont think he will be) he still shouldnt have posted until he had FACTS to back it up. Maybe he does have said FACTS, but cant post. Well then its JUST a rumor until you can prove it.

MM

Well said Tim.

As for Brad... He's posted things in the past that turned out to be 100% correct. I would not be so quick to dismiss the info and accept it as totally false. It seems more likely that he DOES "know something" but it was an error to post it too soon, and once he did, he probably heard from lawyers and did what he had to do.

It seems we were told that Amy was "on vacation" in her own words, and it would seem as it turned out she was in fact "gone" as been speculated. And she knew it when she said otherwise.

Were we not told this week how GM "repaid all the Government loans with interest"? GM is airing commercials touting this great achievement? As it turns out, that may be just a reshuffling of TARP money and VERY misleading. :redcard:

http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2010/04/23/gm-hot-water-ftc-truth-advertising/

Time will tell on this one. I agree Brad probably should not have posted what he did. But I also think there is something "going on" that you've yet to hear about.

A link from the fair and balanced Fox news?Don't make me laugh.

Archived