TEAM SHELBY FORUM

No 350?

After filing for bankruptcy in January' date=' word out of Sin City is that Shelby American President Amy Boylan has been relieved of her duties and the shop is closing its doors. There are no plans to build the 2011 Shelby GT350, despite a winning bid of $137,500 for #350 at the 2010 Barrett-Jackson Palm Beach Auction.[/quote']

Well, Shelby is a publicly traded company. If any portion filed for bankruptcy in January it would have made the tickers by now. Furthermore, the Scottsdale auction was near the end of January when the announcement of the GT350 was made and Palm Beach was in March.

This balloon doesn't float yet.

Well, Shelby is a publicly traded company. If any portion filed for bankruptcy in January it would have made the tickers by now. Furthermore, the Scottsdale auction was near the end of January when the announcement of the GT350 was made and Palm Beach was in March.

This balloon doesn't float yet.

Very true.

Yeah Chris, you have to pass on info that you find....its the fools that post first that damn well better have their facts straight! I stuck my neck out last weekend, and regardless if I was right about it, which I was, I realized it was completely not my place to break that news, and really didnt think I was first, but it bothered me just the same. Sometimes you hear or read something and the sheer surprise and shock has you writing things you probably wouldn't if you had time to reflect on it.

Journalists are a different breed though.....they wanna be first, like it is some kind of achievement that they happen to hear it first.

Awful lot of venom kahmann. I figured people here would want to hear. I am truly sorry and deeply troubled at any offense I may have caused you. Brad is a good guy.

Sorry, Chris. I've got to disagree. What he did was irresponsible. All the information was available for him to know that ALL of the info he posted did not hold up, and he posted it anyway. In the end, half was true (but everyone, except him it seems, knew that already,) and the rest was wrong.. The BS filter for him is at 100%.

Just sayin'.

I am really sick of every other Mustang web sites taking every possible shot at Shelby. It is almost like their jealousy consumes them to wish for the demise of the brand.

I used to be active on Brad's site, Ca-Mustangs and others. Their opinions and statements making SAI the evil empire blows me away. I guess they have the right to publish whatever they want, and I have the right not to read it.

I have been to three Bashes, Terlingua, two Nascar races, Knott's Berry Farm with my Shelby extended family. Never have I been treated like anything other than family. (and I don't even own a Shelby - well not quite yet) I guess you get what you give.

From where I sit, Shelby is doing what most companies do - they are doing what it takes to stay in business and make money. I love how people who don't own a business (with have the associated P+L responsibility), think Shelby's prices are high. They should be thankful that they can still buy a new Shelby.

I am really sick of every other Mustang web sites taking every possible shot at Shelby. It is almost like their jealousy consumes them to wish for the demise of the brand.

I used to be active on Brad's site, Ca-Mustangs and others. Their opinions and statements making SAI the evil empire blows me away. I guess they have the right to publish whatever they want, and I have the right not to read it.

I have been to three Bashes, Terlingua, two Nascar races, Knott's Berry Farm with my Shelby extended family. Never have I been treated like anything other than family. (and I don't even own a Shelby - well not quite yet) I guess you get what you give.

From where I sit, Shelby is doing what most companies do - they are doing what it takes to stay in business and make money. I love how people who don't own a business (with have the associated P+L responsibility), think Shelby's prices are high. They should be thankful that they can still buy a new Shelby.

Great post Mike! We are a family and I've, for the most part, always felt excepted by everyone on Team Shelby both in person and here on the web site...

Brad's post wasn't completely incorrect. I couldn't find anything about the bankruptcy, and as of April 1st, the GT350 project was still ago. But Amy is now gone among a few other main guys, so there is some shake up going on over there. I hope everything comes out ok. Until this posting, I thought everything was going well, with all the new packages and sponsored races. I guess we will have to sit back and see.

I suspected something might be going on when SA sold all their prototypes at Barrett Jackson , smelled of desperation to me.....

I felt the same way watching it unfold in front of me on tv. Something didn't seem right to me. There also was no excitement in the air , like they knew something .

Give it a rest already...

Unless I hear it from the man himself, these childish rumours well be unheard.

Seems to me this is part of the problem..NOBODY at Shelby is responding to anything, except for a very vague press release a few days ago.

I would hope SOMEONE, maybe the man himself, needs to come forward and clear the air...( a small short video maybe..?, or pictures of cars comming in etc..?) Does anybody know when Roger will be back from " vacation"?

I have a feeling this could have a negative effect on potential buyers( including myself) if something isnt done soon.

just my 2 cents...........

Archived